Equestrian Influencers #8 Here for the fun and the Badders qualification..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Harlow's mother puts her in situations where she knows there will be drama, for views.

If I had a kid and they asked me to go cantering in an open field on a cold day on a pony that hadn't been ridden in weeks, I'd say no way. That pony needs groundwork first to mentally bring it back to work and get it focusing and listening.

But no, that wouldn't bring in the views I suppose.

Reactions: 6
I like Pete, I think he seems a genuinely nice bloke who had totally thrown himself into Megs lifestyle for her.

Does anyone know what happened to the young horse who had an accident at
Parwood? Sounds like it was horrendous but not entirely sure what went on. Sometimes it’s worth knowing in case it’s something that people can be aware of with horses in the future.

Reactions: 4
I like Pete, I think he seems a genuinely nice bloke who had totally thrown himself into Megs lifestyle for her.

Does anyone know what happened to the young horse who had an accident at
Parwood? Sounds like it was horrendous but not entirely sure what went on. Sometimes it’s worth knowing in case it’s something that people can be aware of with horses in the future.
Seems it was a lorry incident

Attachments

I think Harlow's mother puts her in situations where she knows there will be drama, for views.

If I had a kid and they asked me to go cantering in an open field on a cold day on a pony that hadn't been ridden in weeks, I'd say no way. That pony needs groundwork first to mentally bring it back to work and get it focusing and listening.

But no, that wouldn't bring in the views I suppose.
I'd be more than happy if it was just a couple of weeks. There was absolutely no drama in that video. Sometimes ponies aren't perfect, good to teach kids that, and although I am not a Harlow fan, she rode well and it really was not a big deal.

Reactions: 1
pammy is a very acquired taste. i’ve had a good amount of lessons with her and yes she made me cry on my first lesson and called me a dunce (i was 15). BUT i kept wanting to go back. she made me a hell of a rider!
i liked her because you knew when you were wrong but knew when you were right. no beating around the bush or making you feel better when quite frankly you know it’s tit - to the point and now bs
i get why h&c use her, she’s entertaining because of the above
I could have written the above for myself! Adored my lessons with her, my god she got the very best out of me!!

• Heart
Hands up if you can afford £150 + a month on a Silvermoor subscription ?
That's twice what I pay for local hay. 300kgs of haylage from Silvermoor for that price. Who only feeds that much when a single round bale could weigh twice that amount.
But then I'm not sponsored by them 🤔

Reactions: 2
That's twice what I pay for local hay. 300kgs of haylage from Silvermoor for that price. Who only feeds that much when a single round bale could weigh twice that amount.
Alright when it’s #gifted we could all manage if it was for free!
Not a chance I could do a huge 17hh horse on 15 bales a month either.

Reactions: 3
Alright when it’s #gifted we could all manage if it was for free!
Not a chance I could do a huge 17hh horse on 15 bales a month either.
I was trying to work it all out last night to see if it was worthwhile. Potentially in summer but not a chance during winter.

I was trying to work it all out last night to see if it was worthwhile. Potentially in summer but not a chance during winter.
I did work it out 😂 and it's ridiculously expensive in the grand scheme of things. Even with hay prices rising it's still overpriced.

I did work it out 😂 and it's ridiculously expensive in the grand scheme of things. Even with hay prices rising it's still overpriced.
It’s also not great for horses. The majority of it is a rye grass mix which is a big no no for me. The Timothy one would be the best of the bunch but personally I prefer a rye free mixed hay or haylage.

15 bales so they are saying a small bale will last a horse 2 days. Thats not enough forage in winter for most horses. Also thats £10 a bale our local feed place does those for £7 delivered. Not really a good deal at all unless you get it for free lol.

Ridiculous price and also can’t stand that branded hay means packaging which means more plastic !!

Ridiculous price and also can’t stand that branded hay means packaging which means more plastic !!
The plastic didn't even cross my mind and it really should have.
We recycle our round bales plastic but can feed bag plastic also be recycled ?
My feed comes in paper bags so no idea.

Am I just looking for it now or does Callie look slightly off in Frankies Ponies reel?
thought this too.
The little mare has been lame and also their gelding is now having more behavioural issues. Isn’t this the woman than said her horses were all fine just sporty in the summer 🥲. This page should be commended for noticing problems before the owners do 🙈

Reactions: 4
I’m actually really surprised that blog of a cob doesn’t get more flack. Plain abuse to ride those horses at the weight she is. Watching the video of her jumping the cob and slamming on its back made me cringe. I’m considerably smaller than she is and I wouldn’t feel comfortable riding the cob or the grey. She’s not a bad rider but far, far too heavy to be riding.

Reactions: 11
I’ve read all the comments on that vets post about weight. The amount of people trying to justify riding their horses when they are too heavy is insane.

Reactions: 5
thought this too.
The little mare has been lame and also their gelding is now having more behavioural issues. Isn’t this the woman than said her horses were all fine just sporty in the summer 🥲. This page should be commended for noticing problems before the owners do 🙈
They also rushed Biscuit back into work following a torn muscle think he got less than a week off and as is already jumping (and bucking) again 😳 the turnout at that yard dosent look great it’s right at the side of the motorway and they horses are always running around looking stressed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.