Equestrian Influencers #8 Here for the fun and the Badders qualification..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the first episode and for me I don't mind Pammy as a blunt instructor, I'm quite happy with it myself as sometimes i find the nicer approach makes me too chill about it all. But the bit that pissed me off was being so condescending over the rug?? Like the owner of the horse is telling you that she struggles to rug the horse without it getting sweaty yet a 5 second look is enough to act condescending and tbh arrogant about how that horse should be treated? Nah duck off.

Also really don't get the elimination bit as it happens before they have chances to show all phases like what's the point. And Tina's role makes no sense to me and im not convinced she really knows what she's meant to be doing either. Personally don't think it's a first episode that would get people buying h&c tv

Reactions: 7
Waterfords are horrible bits, I noticed wonder Meg rides in one and that doesn’t get mentioned, but then it got ignored when I had said her bits where to big too

As said before I do not understand why horse people carry whips at shows, if you where watching crufts on the tv and the agility competition allowed whipping dogs who refused there would be national outcry, yet horses are deserving of this treatment, baffles me daily
I have noticed Meg uses one, but she isn’t using it for a 4yr old recently backed, and I’d say Meg is better with her hands that Cerys 🤷🏼‍♀️
However Meg has recently had a bit fitter for her ponies for the correct fitting, as one was too big for Jam that she was using.
There is a correct use for whips, and I’ve seen a lot of these influencers use them.

Reactions: 2
Oh, give over! It’s all personal preference. I personally ride so much better with a shouty, blunt instructor, and that’s what I prefer. I need the discipline! I ride like a slug with a softer instructor 🤣
Well you’ve just answered your problem right there in that statement, what anyone teaching you should be focusing on is your wanting for self discipline to come from another rather than from yourself, people like pammy wrong for you as they only encourage it to come from them

Has anyone watched Megs new vlog? A day in Pete’s life? But why? 🤦🏼‍♀️
It was very…cinematic? I’m sure there’s been a lot of requests for Pete content. And I appreciated the effort. But what happens if Pete doesn’t work out long term? I wonder if they’ll be engaged soon? 🤷‍♀️ And seems like Meg is in the background staging all of it. There would be no Pete’s Eats without Meg pushing it.

Well you’ve just answered your problem right there in that statement, what anyone teaching you should be focusing on is your wanting for self discipline to come from another rather than from yourself, people like pammy wrong for you as they only encourage it to come from them
The more lessons I have, the better I ride on my own, which is the point, surely. It works for me. As I said, it’s personal preference.

Reactions: 1
The more lessons I have, the better I ride on my own, which is the point, surely. It works for me. As I said, it’s personal preference.
No that isn’t the point of education from a teacher student relationship, I am sure one day you work it out with the help of someone whose opinion your willing to listen to

• Haha
Oh, give over! It’s all personal preference. I personally ride so much better with a shouty, blunt instructor, and that’s what I prefer. I need the discipline! I ride like a slug with a softer instructor 🤣
yep! completely agree. some snowflakes about 🤣
that’s the reason why kids all get medals on sports day because we’re all too soft and don’t like being told when we’re wrong!

It was very…cinematic? I’m sure there’s been a lot of requests for Pete content. And I appreciated the effort. But what happens if Pete doesn’t work out long term? I wonder if they’ll be engaged soon? 🤷‍♀️ And seems like Meg is in the background staging all of it. There would be no Pete’s Eats without Meg pushing it.
I find Pete .... Really condescending.
I don't like that on a channel followed by lots of children it's normalising being spoken to like your stupid by your other half.

I find Pete .... Really condescending.
I don't like that on a channel followed by lots of children it's normalising being spoken to like your stupid by your other half.
I most definitely won’t be watching it! How stupid, but as mentioned I guess it’s been requested but seriously why would you want Pete content 😂 He’s so boring 😂

How was Holly ever going to think that Rocky was going to get around a 95cm XC course competition 🤦🏼‍♀️ With no preparation in that discipline at that height….. Seriously 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
No that isn’t the point of education from a teacher student relationship, I am sure one day you work it out with the help of someone whose opinion your willing to listen to
I can’t stand people with the shouty approach. I’ve had lessons with various different people Abi Lyle is one of the best she never shouted / was nasty and yes I would say when you were wrong she told you but in a lovely way and when your right you def knew about it. Interesting completely different to Pam my and she trains with carl.

I most definitely won’t be watching it! How stupid, but as mentioned I guess it’s been requested but seriously why would you want Pete content 😂 He’s so boring 😂

How was Holly ever going to think that Rocky was going to get around a 95cm XC course competition 🤦🏼‍♀️ With no preparation in that discipline at that height….. Seriously 🙄
Agreed with both. Re Holly: she's said there's very little left in the season in Victoria - and there is the time pressure to sell rocky. (Cant see her getting him sold this year but she will have to next year as I think that's the last year of her 3 yr contract). She's doing a good job with him and he is very willing. But he's no jumper. She has no experience eventing but he didn't have enough mileage for what was probably (in parts) 1m xc with some technicality. so hopefully that was a wake up call both for minding her good hearted tb as well as herself.

Yes, I agree. Considering her last relationship wasn’t on social media, however she still brought her breakup in, it’s a bit weird to involve your boyfriend so much. At the same time, people would also call her out if she was hiding him or he was doing the same as he was doing in the background without any acknowledgment

I watched the first episode of All Star and found it boring as anything. I disliked Pammy deciding that horse was cold after looking at for 5 seconds and then arguing with the owner, who knows it well. If someone did that to me I’d be putting my horse back on the box and going home. Not all horses feel the bleedin cold and some horses really cannot tolerate being over warm. I have one myself and it can be left fully clipped without a rug in the stable provided the temperature doesn’t drop below 10. Put a rug on him and he sweats and gets uncomfortable.
Jenny Rudall irritates me but she manages to not annoy me too much when she presents that if I don’t think too much about it. I recognise that Grace girl but I don’t know where from. I’m not local so can’t be that I’ve seen her out and about. It’s definitely the LeMieux show now though and that’s not a brand I want to support.

Reactions: 6
I watched the first episode of All Star and found it boring as anything. I disliked Pammy deciding that horse was cold after looking at for 5 seconds and then arguing with the owner, who knows it well. If someone did that to me I’d be putting my horse back on the box and going home. Not all horses feel the bleedin cold and some horses really cannot tolerate being over warm. I have one myself and it can be left fully clipped without a rug in the stable provided the temperature doesn’t drop below 10. Put a rug on him and he sweats and gets uncomfortable.
Jenny Rudall irritates me but she manages to not annoy me too much when she presents that if I don’t think too much about it. I recognise that Grace girl but I don’t know where from. I’m not local so can’t be that I’ve seen her out and about. It’s definitely the LeMieux show now though and that’s not a brand I want to support.
Mine has a max of 150g fully clipped! And thats in minus temperatures the one thing I’ve noticed is the colder it is the more haylage my horse eats. And isn’t all stars filmed in the warmer months when temperatures rarely get into single figures?

Mine has a max of 150g fully clipped! And thats in minus temperatures the one thing I’ve noticed is the colder it is the more haylage my horse eats. And isn’t all stars filmed in the warmer months when temperatures rarely get into single figures?
The horses caecum essentially acts as an internal boiler so they generate heat when they digest. If it gets a bit chilly, keep them eating forage as much as possible and they’ll warm themselves up. Mine don’t wear any more than 100g, when fully clipped, even in snow and ice. But they have constant forage.

Yes I’m sure Allstars was filmed in September so hardly a freezing month. Pammy needs to wind her neck in!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.