Equestrian Influencers #8 Here for the fun and the Badders qualification..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Meg has never lived in the real world, and most probably never will.
I’d say her Mum enjoys going to events with her, but imagine if she had to go on her own 😂 Her boyfriend will probably take the role of lorry driver eventually. Over time she’s been incredibly spoilt and you can’t tell me she’s a hard worker, someone who vlogs once a week and edits a video for content once a week, rides her own ponies for fun…… that’s not a full time job. But she can do it because of the the amount of sponsors and followers she has. She’s definitely not my cup of tea…..
I used to enjoy her older vlogs, but you can see it has gone to her head tbh. I feel for Han, it seems she does a super job grooming for Meg and being there when needed. If I had a friend like that I would make space for them at my yard. A smaller yard with a good routine might really help Han and Affie.

Off topic a little, but does anyone else feel Olivia Towers vlogs went a bit crap when Laura left? I feel like Laura was the personality and with her gone, it became evident that Olivia is a bit dull?

Reactions: 5
I used to enjoy her older vlogs, but you can see it has gone to her head tbh. I feel for Han, it seems she does a super job grooming for Meg and being there when needed. If I had a friend like that I would make space for them at my yard. A smaller yard with a good routine might really help Han and Affie.

Off topic a little, but does anyone else feel Olivia Towers vlogs went a bit crap when Laura left? I feel like Laura was the personality and with her gone, it became evident that Olivia is a bit dull?
I think Han gets plenty of perks from her friendship with Meg as it is. I don’t think they really have room to have Affie there on livery though.

I think Han gets plenty of perks from her friendship with Meg as it is. I don’t think they really have room to have Affie there on livery though.
I dunno, I wouldn't volunteer to groom for two horses at a three day event in return for a #gifted equi-dry😅

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I dunno, I wouldn't volunteer to groom for two horses at a three day event in return for a #gifted equi-dry😅
Shes also a BA for Equinutritive and Forelock & Fringe. Smaller companies yes, but doubt she would’ve gotten those positions if she wasn’t present on Meg’s channel so often and the fact that’s led her to having 27k followers on IG. Pretty sure she’s been given a lot more than just an Equidry.

F&F invited her to Rockingham

All the other free stuff she's gotten along with then 🤷‍♀️
This too. Her association with Meg and, by extension, the VE squad has brought her some pretty decent opportunities she wouldn’t have otherwise had.

Reactions: 1
I was writing a reply to this but then my dog dropped its toy in my coffee and I lost my train of thought and now needs to go back to work
Good discussion though

You only need to watch her trying to explain horse breeding to realise her knowledge is limited

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Han is also getting lots of miles on her clock riding megs horses, especially dora. which is really handy whilst affie is off. also she lived with meg for what i would imagine was a cheaper rate. plus not every friendship needs to be full of gifts and transactions, she might just simply enjoy spending time with meg. the grooming is brilliant experience too.

Reactions: 3

I think it’s the fact she’s lost her way as well. She’s a good rider and if she is good at teaching she could earn good money instead of moaning about money.

I would bet Han is paid by Meg to attend these events as a groom.
The big breath thing, she said she was taught this at an eventer’s yard and I’ve heard other eventers (recently Elisa Wallace on a podcast) talk about this running at the upper levels. At some point in the course their horse will take a noticeably larger breath. Gives them their “second wind.”

Han is also getting lots of miles on her clock riding megs horses, especially dora. which is really handy whilst affie is off. also she lived with meg for what i would imagine was a cheaper rate. plus not every friendship needs to be full of gifts and transactions, she might just simply enjoy spending time with meg. the grooming is brilliant experience too.
While I was at the yard earlier sniffing round it looked to me like Han was an absolute legend of a gal but I did hear her say she’s only with Megan for the #freeshit. especially now she got kicked out of the house to make room for the wet weekend that is that rock man she has boyfriended . I mean come on there is no room in Megan’s life for a true friend. That’s been taken up for many years by her mummy. Hoping she has stopped breast feeding but I’m still not convinced.

anyways have I got some news for you when I was rattling round riding with Charlottes bush earlier. ( I hear it’s quite popular) It appears she must pay for the crappy fair fax kit as she definitely does not state #ad oh Charlotte!!!! Rookie move. ASA will be coming for you along , as I heard , with he tax man!!!

anyways had to take a selfie. I think it suits me 🤨

Never heard of this Olivia towers........ off to see what she hides in her trees

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don't think Olivia Towers really vlogs anymore (or competes...). She used to be really quite interesting, not that many dressage vloggers around, and the stay-away show vlogs were usually pretty good, along with a healthy dose of drama. Seems to have lost the mojo to compete (just when her mum bought a brand new massive lorry) and is into liberty.

Reactions: 4
Is meg having a laugh with this merch? I bet that cost cheap as chips to make and I could make the edit on Snapchat. What a rip off !! So disappointed in her.

I don't think Olivia Towers really vlogs anymore (or competes...). She used to be really quite interesting, not that many dressage vloggers around, and the stay-away show vlogs were usually pretty good, along with a healthy dose of drama. Seems to have lost the mojo to compete (just when her mum bought a brand new massive lorry) and is into liberty.
I guess she was feeling like her two top horses where not 100% into top level comps anymore so probably lost her mojo with that. She had a good think with her membership ot was to expensive for what you got though. I think patreon like Miri Hacket would be better as I found her educational podcasts and videos really good.

Is meg having a laugh with this merch? I bet that cost cheap as chips to make and I could make the edit on Snapchat. What a rip off !! So disappointed in her.
when she said maybe your nan likes horses and needs a new Christmas jumper…. I had to turn it off. It was like watching an episode of the office!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I didn’t realize until that video of Han jumping Dora what a novice she is she could really do with a schoolmaster to have some fun on affie is just going to drama and heartbreak

Reactions: 2
I would bet Han is paid by Meg to attend these events as a groom.
The big breath thing, she said she was taught this at an eventer’s yard and I’ve heard other eventers (recently Elisa Wallace on a podcast) talk about this running at the upper levels. At some point in the course their horse will take a noticeably larger breath. Gives them their “second wind.”
A horse breaths to its canter/gallop stride, so the quicker they are running the quicker they breath to the stride, they cannot take a deep breath if they are galloping because they are moving too quick.

A horse breaths to its canter/gallop stride, so the quicker they are running the quicker they breath to the stride, they cannot take a deep breath if they are galloping because they are moving too quick.
I remember watching a horse autopsy (I think it was on channel 4?!) a few years ago and it explained the mechanics of galloping breathing really well. I think it was, in gallop, head up = inward breath and head down = outward breath

I remember watching a horse autopsy (I think it was on channel 4?!) a few years ago and it explained the mechanics of galloping breathing really well. I think it was, in gallop, head up = inward breath and head down = outward breath
Exactly right.
When a horse is running, its breathing and stride are linked in a 1:1 ratio, so for every stride they take, they also take one breath. They cannot take a random deep breath in here and there during there fast work, this is where Meg needs to do her homework first before trying to educate young riders things that aren’t even correct, I don’t know where she thinks this information is from. The same as mentioning frozen grass can cause ulcers…..
Hannah is a great groom for Meg, and I love how Hannah calls Meg, Veronica from The Saddleclub 😂 and she’s spot on too!!

Reactions: 2
Exactly right.
When a horse is running, its breathing and stride are linked in a 1:1 ratio, so for every stride they take, they also take one breath. They cannot take a random deep breath in here and there during there fast work, this is where Meg needs to do her homework first before trying to educate young riders things that aren’t even correct, I don’t know where she thinks this information is from. The same as mentioning frozen grass can cause ulcers…..
Hannah is a great groom for Meg, and I love how Hannah calls Meg, Veronica from The Saddleclub 😂 and she’s spot on too!!
But the volume of air is impacted by stride length. A shorter stride they can take more breaths. A lengthened stride they can take larger but fewer breaths. The deep breath is probably related to the stride length changing when the horse becomes fatigued. She has a method that works for her which she was taught because it worked for someone else.

But the volume of air is impacted by stride length. A shorter stride they can take more breaths. A lengthened stride they can take larger but fewer breaths. The deep breath is probably related to the stride length changing when the horse becomes fatigued. She has a method that works for her which she was taught because it worked for someone else.
I ride racehorses, and in my experience they cannot take a once off deep breath whilst in fast work. That what Meg recorded was Jam swallowing and then returning to breathing. Maybe I’ve missed something but I have tried to research it online and there’s nothing to suggest the deep breath in 🤷🏼‍♀️😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.