Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just be thankful you have an alive horse who is capable of low level pottering around. Why keep pushing?!

Reactions: 9
I know, it’s completely not fair. I wonder if he’s on bute 24/7, it’s cruel if he is.
Not sure if he’s on it permanently but she has mentioned him being on it. The beach will be a better place to take him than the fun ride but I feel it’s to soon after him being lame and I doubt he is fit enough to do much.

Reactions: 1
Deep sand is really tough of joints and with wet sand the force isn’t hugely different to trotting on concrete.

I feel like Sid is being punished for being honest. Wish she’d realise she’s lucky to even be able to get back on him and keep his workload super light.

Reactions: 11
Deep sand is really tough of joints and with wet sand the force isn’t hugely different to trotting on concrete.

I feel like Sid is being punished for being honest. Wish she’d realise she’s lucky to even be able to get back on him and keep his workload super light.
It all depends in where you actually ride on the beach. Somewhere between the deep sand and wet sand is ideal but I expect he will be cantered along wherever they feel like it with absolutely no consideration to the ground or Sid.

Looks like its not just for one day either! "From saturday to monday" sorry but the boy was lame after one fun ride, let alone 3 days and travel.... delusional!!!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
RTG has had Peps condition scored at a six which is assuming same scale 1-9 as Spillers slightly over so she is clearly listening
Or it's on the 1-5 scale which I feel is more accurate ;)
Interesting she's gone for subjective scoring and not for actually having the horse weighed. I've seen lean horses be scored perfect and obese horses be scored perfect and perfect horses be scored either lean or obese. It all depends on what feed they want to try and sell to the owner. The best way is getting them on a weight bridge or even just weight taping weekly just to keep track of whether their tummy is getting smaller or not even if it's not as accurate as a weight bridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Or it's on the 1-5 scale which I feel is more accurate ;)
Interesting she's gone for subjective scoring and not for actually having the horse weighed. I've seen lean horses be scored perfect and obese horses be scored perfect and perfect horses be scored either lean or obese. It all depends on what feed they want to try and sell to the owner. The best way is getting them on a weight bridge or even just weight taping weekly just to keep track of whether their tummy is getting smaller or not even if it's not as accurate as a weight bridge.
I’m sure she was weighed. But being a 6 does not make sense at all. And as for not needing to do anything she is bleeping delusional or lying to the baileys person about what shes actually feeding. Yes the crest may be the last thing to go but it looks to me like it’s grown since she’s had her.

Reactions: 6
Yes the crest may be the last thing to go but it looks to me like it’s grown since she’s had her.
The thing is, anyone who has been telling her about the horse's weight will know that the crest is going to be last. But the rest of her is still very very overweight and people want to see that change. RTG is acting like people only want her to get rid of the crest and also the way she talks about it makes it seem like she thinks she shouldn't bother trying to get the horse to lose weight because the crest won't go til the very end. She uses it as an excuse.
Good on her for at least taking the step of getting her scored. The bar is literally on the floor so I'm not convinced yet that she's really going to make the effort but willing to give her the time to prove it as obviously it's not going to happen overnight. If we're being really "social media" about it all she could really profit either monitarily, through sponsors or through viewership by making content about weight loss for her horse. There's so many reels and youtube videos to be made and I bet her followers and people who are wanting to see the horse lose weight will tune in to see the changes. I'd certainly love to see that.. Well if I wasn't blocked for pointing out the horse's weight.

I mean RTG has sorted someone to ride Peps when she can’t so I’d say that’s doing something? It’s not all about the feed, it’s the exercise she’s doing also.

The thing is, anyone who has been telling her about the horse's weight will know that the crest is going to be last. But the rest of her is still very very overweight and people want to see that change. RTG is acting like people only want her to get rid of the crest and also the way she talks about it makes it seem like she thinks she shouldn't bother trying to get the horse to lose weight because the crest won't go til the very end. She uses it as an excuse.
Good on her for at least taking the step of getting her scored. The bar is literally on the floor so I'm not convinced yet that she's really going to make the effort but willing to give her the time to prove it as obviously it's not going to happen overnight. If we're being really "social media" about it all she could really profit either monitarily, through sponsors or through viewership by making content about weight loss for her horse. There's so many reels and youtube videos to be made and I bet her followers and people who are wanting to see the horse lose weight will tune in to see the changes. I'd certainly love to see that.. Well if I wasn't blocked for pointing out the horse's weight.
I highly doubt she has taken any notice the stories she posted seemed like a duck you Pepper is fine rather than actually I need to do something.

I'm thinking that views on RTG/Pepper weight/welfare, are completely justified

BUT I do also wonder if she actually enjoys the attention that it gives her. And the horse having a crest is something she's actually proud of?

I can't figure out any other reason for not taking action over an animals condition

Reactions: 11
I'm thinking that views on RTG/Pepper weight/welfare, are completely justified

BUT I do also wonder if she actually enjoys the attention that it gives her. And the horse having a crest is something she's actually proud of?

I can't figure out any other reason for not taking action over an animals condition
RTG 100% enjoys getting lots of negative attention she can then spin itto how she isn’t letting internet bullies ruin her life shes rising above it. Plus size rider + getting internet hate about her horse =she can show herself as beinga role model & positive person. im bored to tears of her. Her stupid reels where she just acts ridiculous to show off her saddle pads or latest freebie & her terrible unbalanced riding make me want to bash my head. She doesnt actually bring anything to SM apart from being a victim.

Reactions: 13
Agree with the above - and also if she concedes re Peppers weight and makes changes then it will emphasise her own weight as Pepper gets smaller.

I assume as a plus size influencer RTG is happy with her own weight and isn’t trying to lose (I don’t follow her). No judgment in that respect but she’s too heavy now and she’ll be too heavy even if Pepper gets fitter/lighter.

Reactions: 5
Holy crap that farrier butchered poor Popcorn's feet! They're so short!

I have my doubts about that fancy yard he's on. All the horses are grazing on small paddocks with grass so short you can barely see it. No wonder he had ulcers

Reactions: 4
Oh yay RidingwithRhi is going to Barbury International. You can bet it's the same day we will be there ((4* day/Saturday)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Holy crap that farrier butchered poor Popcorn's feet! They're so short!

I have my doubts about that fancy yard he's on. All the horses are grazing on small paddocks with grass so short you can barely see it. No wonder he had ulcers
It’s not really like a normal yard more like a show set and must be very stressful constantly having to keep it so immaculate. However one of popcorns rug ad photos was taken right next to some ragwort so maybe not so perfect.

Reactions: 7
It’s not really like a normal yard more like a show set and must be very stressful constantly having to keep it so immaculate. However one of popcorns rug ad photos was taken right next to some ragwort so maybe not so perfect.
Also shows the lack of knowledge that making it to the ad? Rather than pulled up and shot taken again

Reactions: 3
Also shows the lack of knowledge that making it to the ad? Rather than pulled up and shot taken again
Poor pony they seem more interested in getting lying down shots?! Big fancy yard and the poor pony has had ulcers and now this what is going on there?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.