Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not aware of anyone criticising the kids. It's more the actions of the parents and the fact that Emily seems unable to accept she needs a solid, made horse that has its head screwed on. I have no idea about the Harlow stuff.
I agree with you, I didn’t say anyone was criticising the kids so not sure what you mean but I agree it’s the parents who the comments are aimed at, not the children themselves who are innocent in it all. My comment was a general one in relation to people who monetise their lives and then moan when people make comments/have opinions on it.

Reactions: 3
I'm not aware of anyone criticising the kids. It's more the actions of the parents and the fact that Emily seems unable to accept she needs a solid, made horse that has its head screwed on. I have no idea about the Harlow stuff.
I don’t think anyone is criticising the kids, both just posted this morning in way they made me think they’ve had a lot of people in their inbox moaning at them.
Harlow’s mum had tied Popcorn to the lorry without using a breakaway string and clearly got called out for it and put a snotty story up saying they didn’t leave him alone and it was only 15 mins… yadda yadda yadda.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think anyone is criticising the kids, both just posted this morning in way they made me think they’ve had a lot of people in their inbox moaning at them.
Harlow’s mum had tied Popcorn to the lorry without using a breakaway string and clearly got called out for it and put a snotty story up saying they didn’t leave him alone and it was only 15 mins… yadda yadda yadda.
It’s fine them putting up these excuses but, what if a low flying plane had come over etc
I don’t care what you do in life and what is your norm, whether this was out of your routine or not you still have to be safe, and you’ve been called out, just own up and say yes I know it was wrong but it was out of our norm and I didn’t think, no need to go all bloody defensive
It’s these people that also have freak accidents 🙄

Reactions: 4
I agree with you, I didn’t say anyone was criticising the kids so not sure what you mean but I agree it’s the parents who the comments are aimed at, not the children themselves who are innocent in it all. My comment was a general one in relation to people who monetise their lives and then moan when people make comments/have opinions on it.
I mean that these people will go on their socials and make out like people are attacking their children, when it's evident that's not the case. O didn't say anyone here was taking a swipe at kids

Reactions: 4
Seriously hope we aren’t going to start commenting on someone who is a perfectly healthy weight. Uncalled for and the reason so many people have unhealthy relationships with food. And I do hope no one is now going to screenshot that and send it to the poor girl because it’s completely unnecessary 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Seriously hope we aren’t going to start commenting on someone who is a perfectly healthy weight. Uncalled for and the reason so many people have unhealthy relationships with food. And I do hope no one is now going to screenshot that and send it to the poor girl because it’s completely unnecessary 🤬
Looks like people already have, she’s mentioned it on her IG story.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Looks like people already have, she’s mentioned it on her IG story.
what is wrong with people!?! Why would you even send that to them? FFS. I hope someone also points out that it’s only one person and they have been shot down.
yes,this is a discussion forum but I’m not about people talking about someone’s weight when they are healthy, their ponies are also healthy and happy and doing bloody well too.

Reactions: 13
The person who sent it obviously has their notifications set up to send it that quickly! Whoever you are, you are a very sad person.

Reactions: 7
People who go running to influencers with screen shots are part of the problem. It feeds the trolls who comment uncalled for comments. I bet my comment calling it out or the other posts weren’t screenshotted and passed on.

Reactions: 14
I honestly feel for Meg. She is a healthy weight, she’s happy and her horses are happy. I understand bringing her weight into it if she was like RTG and putting her horses under unnecessary stress but she isn’t. Far from it. It has honestly made me so annoyed.

Also whoever screenshotted it and sent it to her has a sad life. Imagine purposely upsetting someone like that over one person’s opinion. Fine if she saw them herself but she says she stays away from here - good on her. It just baffles me as to why you’d do that

Reactions: 10
I am surprised no one has mentioned Charlotte’s latest reel. I honestly cringed the whole way through. She’s still trying to be funny and quirky and relatable. We’ve all said it before but that horse doesn’t look comfortable. I get that he’s a hot horse but something isn’t right. Bucking like that over every jump… even if it is just freshness, Charlotte’s riding is not helping.
If anything Vossi seems worse for that saddle. He's had time off jumping before and didn't seem to be this bad. You'd expect all the flat and whatever would have schooled him on so that he isn't as bad to jump.

what is wrong with people!?! Why would you even send that to them? FFS. I hope someone also points out that it’s only one person and they have been shot down.
yes,this is a discussion forum but I’m not about people talking about someone’s weight when they are healthy, their ponies are also healthy and happy and doing bloody well too.
The fans who send screenshots like that to her are just as bad as the people who write those things about her. It's like they want her to see it when they know she doesn't check these sites for a reason. She's asked that people don't send her screenshots like that so don't be a dick. We're not about making comments like that on this site.

Whoever screenshot it say hello. You are obviously a regular on here and lurk often to see it and send that quickly.

Once again I’m going to go out and say something a little bit controversial….

I expect an influx of stories on the gram from all the huns about Meg, Tina has already been on with her input, the rest will follow - I don’t see anyone doing that for RTG, now whatever you may think of anyones weight, it is really really unpleasant for that person on the receiving end.

I feel like I am constantly saying this but, RTG is just as much a human being with feelings as anyone else is, no one comes on their stories and defends her.

I know this is an absolute waste of my time writing this but I just feel this constant divide between ‘the popular kids’ and the ‘geeky kids’ which is what this thread feels like right now is awful.
It’s like one rule for one who fits into the ‘norm’ category and one rule for the other who maybe doesn’t.

Please can we draw a line under discussing weight, it is so bloody triggering for so many people.

I expect an influx of stories on the gram from all the huns about Meg, Tina has already been on with her input, the rest will follow - I don’t see anyone doing that for RTG, now whatever you may think of anyones weight, it is really really unpleasant for that person on the receiving end.

I feel like I am constantly saying this but, RTG is just as much a human being with feelings as anyone else is, no one comes on their stories and defends her.

I know this is an absolute waste of my time writing this but I just feel this constant divide between ‘the popular kids’ and the ‘geeky kids’ which is what this thread feels like right now is awful.
It’s like one rule for one who fits into the ‘norm’ category and one rule for the other who maybe doesn’t.

Please can we draw a line under discussing weight, it is so bloody triggering for so many people.
It’s rather about welfare I am afraid rather than ‘cool vs geeky’

I was offered a sit on my friends pony the other day, would have loved it but I said no because I know I am far too big for him..

FWIW I now don’t think we should be commenting on weight regardless of it being a normal weight or not

No one IME who is a plus size
is unaware of that and we have no idea of what is going on for that person behind the screen

Reactions: 5

There is a difference between RTG who is quite clearly obese and should not be sat on any horse, and Megan who is not overweight in the slightest.

Reactions: 8
It’s rather about welfare I am afraid rather than ‘cool vs geeky’

I was offered a sit on my friends pony the other day, would have loved it but I said no because I know I am far too big for him..
No it isn’t, it WAS about welfare but it gets taken too far and it’s personal.

FWIW I now don’t think we should be commenting on weight regardless of it being a normal weight or not

No one IME who is a plus size
is unaware of that and we have no idea of what is going on for that person behind the screen
THIS!!
What we see on screen is a snippet of someone’s edited life, regardless of how real they say it is, we never truly know what’s going on and this constant fat shaming is awful.
I’m just sick of the double standards and think a line has been crossed now.

Reactions: 3
He isn’t comfortable at all, he looks so unhappy in his face. He’s worse now than before she had him scoped for ulcers.
My old horse did this after jumping. He was a mega hot horse to ride and we still realised something was wrong. Diagnosed with kissing spine not long after. I don't really follow Charlotte but I assume she's had his back looked at with bucking like that when jumping?

Reactions: 1
I am surprised no one has mentioned Charlotte’s latest reel. I honestly cringed the whole way through. She’s still trying to be funny and quirky and relatable. We’ve all said it before but that horse doesn’t look comfortable. I get that he’s a hot horse but something isn’t right. Bucking like that over every jump… even if it is just freshness, Charlotte’s riding is not helping.
I don’t really know anything about her but can anyone tell me how she has a cross country course at home? Seems so random and hat she has one but can’t ride xc particularly well at all?

Reactions: 1
My old horse did this after jumping. He was a mega hot horse to ride and we still realised something was wrong. Diagnosed with kissing spine not long after. I don't really follow Charlotte but I assume she's had his back looked at with bucking like that when jumping?
I don’t think she’s had scans etc. Just physio. I may be wrong.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.