Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have kinda got bored of the whole oh Pepper is fat as don’t follow Ray but just had a look at her most recent TikTok and was shocked. Poor thing. Needs serious intervention.

Reactions: 5
Responsible horse owners don’t allow their horses to get that fat or try their upmost! I had a pony come to me fatter than Pepper, the biggest pony I had ever seen. He went onto strict strip grazing, was exercised 6 days a week and sometimes twice in a day. He didn’t get any hard feed and his hay was weighed according to his weight, workload and turnout.
But you have knowledge I don’t think RTG does I think it is ignorance and lack of knowledge and experience plus this whole comments that question are bullying or trolling

Reactions: 1
But you have knowledge I don’t think RTG does I think it is ignorance and lack of knowledge and experience plus this whole comments that question are bullying or trolling
There’s absolutely no way she hasn’t been told her her vets that pepper is overweight, especially since she has arthritis. Ignorance isn’t a good excuse either! We owe it to our horses to learn and grow. Not let them get obese because our ego is too big to listen 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Love the new podcast from buck off banter and they have a massive point. The whole Ba thing. There is such a split on instagram at the moment I think it’s at the point of change. Who the duck wants a 10% discount code for something you can not afford or need.
Seen loads of the smaller accounts who were great and inspirational to follow turning into this machine of advertising and the problem being is that they are probably not even getting paid for it! just want to be in the “gang”
Yes I’m looking at you
Tekodiaries
Vicky Gallagher kilby
Adventures of megatron
Setfiretotherein
Houliganslegacy
Allyapproved

And one major point that I am so sick of seeing this week ( and it’s only Tuesday) no one has the money for a bleeping air up bottle and we are adults and can drink bleeping water!!

rant over ….feeling Teesy this week 😂😂😂

Reactions: 11
A reel with nettex just came up in my suggested, literally thought it was pepper and I was ready to skip on my merry way over to tattle to join in the mass moan, but this fat horse belongs to Allyapproved, so had a browse and then got angry when I saw this photo, so here I am regardless 😂

Attachments

A reel with nettex just came up in my suggested, literally thought it was pepper and I was ready to skip on my merry way over to tattle to join in the mass moan, but this fat horse belongs to Allyapproved, so had a browse and then got angry when I saw this photo, so here I am regardless 😂
Yep this is another horse that is so grossly over weight it’s cruel. There are a few of them. I liked this account but very slowly going off it

Anyone heard how charlotte and vossis eventing career is going?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That horse has nothing on Pepper and to be honest without seeing the rest of the body you can't accurately fat score that particular horse. If it had a giveaway like a crest that takes up more room than the actual neck muscle itself does then that's enough

Anyone heard how charlotte and vossis eventing career is going?
Haha are you blocked!? But it’s a non starter, vossi was injured (kicked I think) and now she’s too busy with her sillyprune imitation voiceovers

That horse has nothing on Pepper and to be honest without seeing the rest of the body you can't accurately fat score that particular horse. If it had a giveaway like a crest that takes up more room than the actual neck muscle itself does then that's enough
There’s plenty of the full body on her page! Pepper easily takes the crown, but both are too fat

I think RTG is doing her best and genuinely believes Pepper is ok

I think showing has a lot to answer for in normalisation of overweight cobs
I think that she is doing her best with what she knows and when anyone comments negatively or points out the issue she just feels attacked, which given how much people go at her for her and peppers weight I can sort of understand.

The people that should be helping her are actually enabling this, the vet, the farrier, her instructor, her yard owner/manager.

I do genuinely (and I have said it before) think she is doing what she perceive’s to be her best by the horse.
Almost want to use the cringy phrase of ‘killing with kindness’.
She does clearly worship the horse, who doesn’t feel like that about their own horse, but she just isn’t educated and thus we see a horse and rider who are both in need of a reality check.

I think we have all got conditioned to seeing obese horses, there is also this obsession to keep weight on horses over winter, where really, they should be lean coming out of winter.

Reactions: 5
Definitely agree with above. I got an ex racer a couple of years ago after he was retired and turned away for 6 months. Took him to my yard and just got tonnes of comments about how skinny and poor he looked. He did need to put on weight and muscle but I would say he was a 2-2.5, very much expected for a young Throughbred. He went on to look amazing (IMO). I think the issue is the yard was just full of horses with a score of 4. Mad how used to fat horses the U.K. is now 🥺

Haha are you blocked!? But it’s a non starter, vossi was injured (kicked I think) and now she’s too busy with her sillyprune imitation voiceovers

There’s plenty of the full body on her page! Pepper easily takes the crown, but both are too fat

ahh shame thought I may have seen her at Bramham 😂
When you feel the need to copy others it shows you lack creativity.

both the cobs in the other post are over weight. Pepper does take the win but the other horse needs a diet. Think they are from a show world so
Probably used to it being over weight

Callie's a nice person and the kids are sweet but they left their old job after a great big kerfuffle of - missing, broken and lost- money, tack and horses, all not being what they ought to be, landowners weren't happy and some even let a neighbouring pack hunt the land instead as they were so fed up with Toby...
I've heard a fair bit 2nd hand but there's lots of not particularly nice hearsay too, but that's all it is, hearsay. 😬
Shame for the hunt as Dominic Jones left it in quite a good position I’d heard.

Get the impression they paint the idyllic life but easy to do when you’ve got that much money. I too remember the post about voting and how she’d be a mother unable to feed her children, which was just a ridiculous comment to make. Toby has been doing up the house since leaving hunt service, so no income coming in to fund it all. There’s always going to be people more fortunate but they certainly come across very unaware of the reality normal life and money.
The eldest son is Jack Kidd’s but that does seem to be kept hush hush and the boy calls Toby “Daddy”

Last edited:
That Air Up is the most ridiculous piece of crap I’ve ever seen I can’t take anyone seriously who advertises it. How can they say they only promote products they use or believe in & then try to flog £30 drinks bottle to the followers. Its smelly water 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think that she is doing her best with what she knows and when anyone comments negatively or points out the issue she just feels attacked, which given how much people go at her for her and peppers weight I can sort of understand.

The people that should be helping her are actually enabling this, the vet, the farrier, her instructor, her yard owner/manager.

I do genuinely (and I have said it before) think she is doing what she perceive’s to be her best by the horse.
Almost want to use the cringy phrase of ‘killing with kindness’.
She does clearly worship the horse, who doesn’t feel like that about their own horse, but she just isn’t educated and thus we see a horse and rider who are both in need of a reality check.

I think we have all got conditioned to seeing obese horses, there is also this obsession to keep weight on horses over winter, where really, they should be lean coming out of winter.
But then she gets all the comments saying how good Pepper looks and asking how they can het their horses so muscly so she just thinks she is doing amazing. I’d never comment on her weight as it’s her choice to be that size whereas Pepper has zero choice. She’s just doing what comes naturally to her which is constantly grazing. Just on stuff that is far to good for a good doer. She wants forage with a low nutritional value not good quailty all you can eat hay and haylage.

That Air Up is the most ridiculous piece of crap I’ve ever seen I can’t take anyone seriously who advertises it. How can they say they only promote products they use or believe in & then try to flog £30 drinks bottle to the followers. Its smelly water 🤣
I’ve got one and they are a good idea. I don’t like squash or a ribena so it’s nice to have something other than plain water

£30!? Some people have too much money 😂

I purchased one months ago and think they're rubbish - but I hate water just on its own so that's probably why 😂😂

Get some air freshner sniff and sniff that while drinking water

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve got one and they are a good idea. I don’t like squash or a ribena so it’s nice to have something other than plain water
But you are drinking plain water 😂
Over priced gimmic which even has the health professionals saying not to waste your money
Come on it’s worse than Y food and that’s saying something

Also I refuse to believe that they have bought it , tagging influenced by, for any other purpose than thinking they can jump on the bandwagon and hopefully profit.
Its literally the new form of pyramid selling 🙄

Reactions: 6
But you are drinking plain water 😂
Over priced gimmic which even has the health professionals saying not to waste your money
Come on it’s worse than Y food and that’s saying something

Also I refuse to believe that they have bought it , tagging influenced by, for any other purpose than thinking they can jump on the bandwagon and hopefully profit.
Its literally the new form of pyramid selling 🙄
It really doesn’t taste like plain water. It tastes like what you are smelling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.