Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I am not sure how I feel in response to Matt H selling that beautiful injured horse, I can understand that he can’t compete but I feel that Matt will regret this decision in time, it’s easy when competing to forget that your first love of horses is what drew you in, and to base a horses future on whether or not it can compete is where he is now at. He has the means to support this horse and keep it within his circle, but buy selling him I don’t see a happy future for that horse, my gut feeling is for a few years yes it will likely be ok but if re injury occurs I really feel his fate will be horrible, I truly do. I am sadden that he has chosen to sell him rather than gift him to a friend where he could insure his wellness, and I do believe this is an route he could have gone down, I’ve done it in the past
Really disappointed Matt, really disappointed and I feel Truely sad of the fate that awaits that most beautiful soul of a horse

Reactions: 9

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
Both Emily (Kizzy’s mum) and Chelsea (Harlow’s mum) having a moan on insta this morning. Don’t put yourselves or your children in the public domain if you can’t take other opinions or criticisms IMO.
But they’ve done more than put themselves in the public domain ?

My IG is public domain but I’m not selling my lifestyle as the product

If you’re an influencer monetising your IG then you’re selling a product (you) don’t be suprised when the product attracts criticism

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
From the podcast, RTG is about as interesting to listen to as a block of wood.
She says that people were telling her over and over again that the pony was too fat, but she chose not to listen. WHW was called. But she wished people would have said something first.
Well.. they did?
And then it became the victim complex because she feels like she's the only plus sized rider to exist so people don't usually see anyone that isn't stick thin. Has she ever been on a conventional yard? I'm no skinnie minnie myself, most women especially after a certain age are a little fluffier round the middle and would be considered plus sized riders. She seriously thinks so much of herself that she thinks she's the only person.
I found it extremely interesting that when Rhea asked about whether she get's messages of inspiration from fans, she quickly said thanks for messaging but then went straight to thanking brands for giving her free stuff because she never imagined she'd get all this free stuff. Which I don't think is the case, I think she knows exactly what she's doing and her next point proved it.
She says the best way to work with brands is basically stalk them at shows and hound them in the DMs to get them to work for you, even if they say no several times they might one day say yes.

All in all very un-entertaining and actually as I was listening whilst driving, part way through my phone holder just fell off of my dashboard. I imagine in an attempt to get away from the sound of her.
She sounds delightful! I would actively avoid any brand that supports her, to be honest. To me it shows they think very little of horse welfare.

ReaRea

Chatty Member
Thank you I’m glad it’s not just me. A schoolmaster has won and done his / her time and is there to teach the future generation. Pumpkin had a price on his head and was bought for a little brat who’s mummy and daddy have money. Yes she works hard and yes she can ride no one is disputing that but if She wasn’t bought horse worth millions would she be on the team ? No! And we just have to hope when it comes to seniors it is different and it’s people who have earned their spot not ones who Have been bought it cos no one representing gb has bought their way there
I think calling her a brat is a little harsh. She doesn’t come across as one to me at all. Is she privileged? Of course she is, but that doesn’t automatically make her a brat. Also pretty sure she was selected for teams prior to owning Pumpkin so that’s a bit of an invalid point to make. Pumpkin is just the next horse to elevate her in the dressage world.

Just as a side note, Annabelle has not been accepted for the Europeans on Gio. Also, her father has passed away so I do believe people should be considerate of that.
People are too quick to go on a witch hunt IMO. I think she’s a lovely rider and comes across as quite humble tbh. I get some are more privileged than others but we shouldn’t attack people just because their family has money.

• Heart

ReaRea

Chatty Member
Joanna is going to have a rotational on that little mare if she keeps going at the speed she's going! What a super pony but needs a bit more direction from it's rider. Inside the time at BE90, on a 13.2/14h(?) WITH a circle... oh and can someone tell her plaits are PLATTS not PLATES ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️
Which account is this?

Rep clearly needs retraining that horse isn't a 6. We have newforest ponies and our vet checks their condition when ever they come out. The farrier does the same, duty of care. I don't understand why her vet hasn't said anything.
More likely that RTG is lying so that company needs to be made aware she’s painting them in a bad light. A few people calling a horse overweight could be considered as ‘haters’ but when an overwhelming amount of people are saying to then it needs looking into.

I think she looks a little lame behind (left hind?) in her most recent post...

I do think Ray genuinely adores Pepper, but I imagine that her feelings about Peps weight are closely bound up with her own relationship with food, and that extra psychological layer is the reason she can't (/won't?) be objective about Pepper's weight. I think that's also why she pushes back so much at the words "abuse" or "neglect" because she thinks those things aren't compatible with her loving her horse, so therefore anything attached to that sentiment (i.e. Pepper's weight) must also be wrong. I think she is a nice lady who is surrounded by people irl who don't want to upset her and then everyone else gets written off as haters... I hope she finds someone whether that be a friend or professional who can support her and Peps in an open and honest way.
I think you’ve nailed it. If Pep loses the weight she should then can RTG realistically keep riding her? An overweight horse balances out and overweight rider as wrong as it is. But this is putting strain on Pep and it’s not right. RTG’s weight would need a stocky ID to be ridden comfortably and be in good condition. And even then I think she’s too heavy to be riding.

Not at all a crack at her weight. But when the welfare of an animal is in question then some home truths are needed.

That comment about Meg was out of order and her horses’ welfare isn’t in question. But Pep’s is and I think that’s the crux here. I do not condone body shaming at all. But when you’re involved with animals their welfare needs to come first no matter what. And I feel like Pep’s welfare needs aren’t being met.

Last edited:
  • Heart

horsey1234

I've been enjoying Ashley Harrison recently. I find Harry a little irritating sometimes but generally enjoy watching her. The Rockingham event vlog was good and she didn't push the Fair fax and Favour lunch too much
I also like Ashley. She doesn’t shove products down our faces constantly and her vlogs are action packed, the right length and not too chatty.

Foodven

God just had time to watch a bit of that Emily vlog…I hope she watches that back at some point and cringes. Really hard hands, looked like she was just pinning her into the contact whilst also booting her in the side, I would tell my riders off for doing that not egging on. I also don’t know what the ragging around the arena achieved… also the work on the circle pulling the inside hand over the neck to achieve a “flexion” but that blocks the shoulder so it’s not true bend…a bit of a baffling lesson tbh!

I really hope Addie gets a decent break after this camp.
Yes the hands and the booting 👎

I think she should just delete the video and promise herself she will never ride like that again and apologise to her very sweet horse! Imagine editing that vlog and thinking it’s acceptable! I guess she probably does a lot worst when not filming. When Tina laughs about getting something out her system???!?! Errrr what?

Reminds me of this saying- there is only two emotions that belong in the saddle one is a sense of humour and the other is patience.

Somersetvibes

Chatty Member
I don't ride (atm) because I am overweight at 5'3 and 13.1 stone.

RTG is a big lass, and her horse is clearly overweight and clearly it's a welfare issue.

Meg Elphick is NOT overweight, and actually its lovely to see her looking so happy and healthy.

The person/people who sent screenshot need to get a bloody life

BWa

Chatty Member
Both Emily (Kizzy’s mum) and Chelsea (Harlow’s mum) having a moan on insta this morning. Don’t put yourselves or your children in the public domain if you can’t take other opinions or criticisms IMO.

So uncomfortable watching Olivia towers hump the door as she moans to the camera
Er what ?? Why is she doing that, is that a intro style

I’m going to go out here and throw RTG a bit of a bone, I know she is naive and isn’t fully taking on board the issues with peppers weight but, she is very transparent with tagging brands and putting ad/gift/pr/ba on her stories, surely, as a lot of the brands repost what she creates and shares on social media, they, the brands can see for themselves and make their own decisions about continuing the partnership?

I have felt at times there is a bit of a witch hunt against her.
It does sometimes go beyond just having a fat horse and saying silly things that she has probably just misinterpreted.

**For the record, I know the horse is overweight, I’m not defending that side of it.
I think it’s more that she isn’t taking on board the weight issues rather than isn’t fully, and because she is actively arguing back that the horse isn’t over weight when it is, and then hanging her vet out to dry, with statements like turn fat into muscle, she’s annoying people, I don’t think it’s a hate campaign I think she is just someone who fails to see any perspective than her own
Absolutely her riding instructor when it come to that and things like putting her mare in a grackle, has to shoulder the responsibility imo as they are giving her poor advice
Also that farrier who is grinding away her shoes
But one thing I’ve found in life is that you can only attract mainly other versions of yourself, because that’s all you want to surround yourself with anyway, if you are stubborn obnoxious and only listen to your own agenda, then most likely the people you are attracting are like that too, why, because like hell do people like her want to be around people that look at things from the horses perspective or another’s that doesn’t fit their agenda
I don’t think she misinterpreted anything I think she just pick and chooses the lines and words she is going to hear and people that once gave her leeway are now losing patience with her

Last edited:

horsey1234

G
I am actually lost for words… wow she is a piece of work.
Same I had no clue who she is so had a stalk but definitely won’t be following. And why are her kids dressed like Victorian children? I assume she’s just another who is using her kids as props for Instagram likes… 🙄 unbearable

• Haha

Jenievous

Chatty Member
The girl behind the Miss.Craizie.Maizie account is she very young?
Because I honestly can't work out what she's thinking...
Maisie is lame but because she has a foal at foot that can't be investigated??!
She's had sore eyes for weeks and only just had them looked at by a vet... And the foal has the same?

And then there's the totally feral Shetland that she's decide to put in foal even though she's not able to be handled. How utter irresponsible, and for what point? More photos for the gram?
This account had some massive drama before didn't it?
She's been irresponsible since day dot. She would make the pony rear because it got her attention. When she had someone come and school the mare, the mare stopped rearing as much and she got less attention so she'd ride her in between and get her rearing so that the person who came to ride would be reared with all over again. From what I remember she stopped coming to ride her.About that time she went lame andthe girl kept riding her and encouraging her to throw herself about even though she was lame.
I think she wants her to be lame as an excuse to put her in foal over and over.
Her choice of "stallion" was irresponsible as well. It was just a palomino completely underwhelming badly put together cob colt.

• Wow
It’s a hard one as a lot of horses Addies age are doing more but I think she needs to forget competing her until autumn at the earliest and just train her and hack her lots to build up her strength.
Being honest I don't think Addie's the issue or the outings, it's Em. She's nervous on the mare and won't let her travel forward. At this stage that's all she needs to do. Forget outline or style. Put one hand on the neckstrap, leg on and stay out of the mares way!

Her constant pulling, holding her in and catching her in the mouth is knocking the mares confidence and causing the stops and rushes. She needs to ride the horse she has instead of riding it like it's older.

Reactions: 8

lm1976

I also wonder if they put the requirement of must be jumping 90cm knowing the publicity it would create. After all, I wonder how many people who had not heard of the series before suddenly became aware of it due to people commenting and sharing? A bit conspiracy theory I know but as the saying goes all publicity is good publicity

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
I’m going to be quite controversial now, but I can’t make my mind up about Cameron. He’s full of little quips and analogies and says “as *insert-top-rider-here* once said” pretty much constantly but I do find some of his suggestions a little off the mark.
I also don’t think I could cope with his voice screeching across the arena at me
Fair play to him with his own horses, he obviously knows how to produce them, but I feel he might encourage Emily to push that mare too quickly because he believes it to be talented enough.

lm1976

I think calling her a brat is a little harsh. She doesn’t come across as one to me at all. Is she privileged? Of course she is, but that doesn’t automatically make her a brat. Also pretty sure she was selected for teams prior to owning Pumpkin so that’s a bit of an invalid point to make. Pumpkin is just the next horse to elevate her in the dressage world.

People are too quick to go on a witch hunt IMO. I think she’s a lovely rider and comes across as quite humble tbh. I get some are more privileged than others but we shouldn’t attack people just because their family has money.
In total agreement, to me she comes across very grounded and acknowledges her privilege. I think people also need to remember, it is ultimately her guardians decision. I know if I was as financially stable as her and someone offered me fabulous horses to further develop my riding and help me achieve my goals I would jump at the chance!

Yawn bloody yawn, another pity party from Jess!

The minute you put yourself out there, right or wrong, you open yourself up to criticism. For someone who appears to have the mental toughness of a mouse I do wonder why she bother’s putting herself out there? Life is hard enough without stressing yourself silly about what strangers on the internet might/have said about you.

I think Jess needs to step away from trying to be a horsey influencer and concentrate on just enjoying Jim. It’s obviously causing her a lot of grief and unfortunately this is the downside of social media that isn’t going to ever go away fully.
Literally took the words out of my mouth! She has a lovely horse, just go and enjoy him.

Clariecakes

VIP Member
One of the vlogs just before Bear went away to foal, there was a particular clip of her and she just did not look remotely in foal to me. I remember thinking that she must have been hiding it really well because nothing about her shape looked like she might be just a month off foaling.
It didn’t actually come as a big shock to me when I found out she wasn’t. I realised I wasn’t going mad after all.
I’ve seen plenty of surprise foals in my time and even ones that other people don’t suspect I usually have an inkling from the way the mare holds herself.
I hope Meg gets her long awaited foal next year.
This!

I was also surprised to learn in that vlog she made that they hadn’t scanned around Christmas time to check there was still something in there to be feeding.
If you have spent out all that money to get to the mare in foal, another £45/£50 scan to check is nothing.
No shade on Meg, just my opinion, I know not everyone does it, maybe this year they will.

Alecia89

You know how Emily is overdoing it with Addie...

I was wondering..what if this is why Lola never enjoyed jumping?? Emily trained her herself..and it's just curious with how she is handling youngsters. Might be completely off..but just made me think..