Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

littlelessbloom

I need a rant about a certain “wimpy” rider. I had a space on one of her camps but needed to cancel my place as horse won’t be sound. Her reply was simply “oh no”. I had to chase her to see if she had cancelled my spot and when I can get a refund. She is apparently “trying to fill the space” - not seen it advertised on her Facebook pages like normal. I feel bad chasing again but I can’t go and I need that money back. I know she will be able to fill the space because its a sold out camp date. There’s probably a waiting list. My friend cancelled her spot and got refunded straight away.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Jenievous

Chatty Member
Yeah well Claire’s horse is the same age as Emily’s (if Addie is rising 5) and she does more with hers than Emily does!
And following on from the last post I also don't think she's entirely sound behind.

Oh goodness! Has she done any eventing practice with him yet? 🫣
I think he an Ozzie orchestrated the kick to the knee as soon as he heard Charlotte was planning to try eventing him again

• Haha
Watched the Vlog with Emily and I think it was uncomfortable to watch.
she comes across as a proper brat kicking the hell out of a five year old with a face like thunder.
look how privileged you are right now and also put your horse first. Too competitive and wants to be up with the rest of them. Well you should have bought a ready made horse then!
I liked Emily but this has put me right off.
get a grip and no! it’s not impressive that you put your baby horse over a large fence you just look pathetic.
Also Tina just shut up and video. It’s not your lesson and no one was asking for your opinion.
I do think she is trying to keep up with everyone around her... so I kind of got the vibe that the 'angry' kicking and facial expression was coming from anxiety about making sure the horse performs and impresses. It was all a bit odd to watch... what's with all the hooning around at the start? I don't think there was anything constructive to be had out of it and I think that was poor advice. I'm not sure what Cameron was trying to get her to achieve in a lot of what we were seeing.

And totally agree - the horse obviously can jump, but what's the point in clearing >1m if you and your instructor are literally discussing how the approaching canter isn't ok? Or how your contact isn't consistent? Take a step back... its your horse, go at your own pace.

Also really bugs me how much jewelery she has on and no gloves but that might just be me 😂

Wodge887

Ive unfollowed riding with charlotte those reels are just embarrassing now you aren’t sillyprune you stupid girl.

Reactions: 6

littlelessbloom

I used to like Kathryn. When I first started watching her, two years ago, my horse and Goat had similar problems - ulcers and refusing. The only difference is I got through the refusing/run outs. I think it’s quite coincidental that both Tiny and Goat refuse. The common denominator is Kathryn. Plus, if Tiny had a history of refusing then surely, as someone who can’t get their current horse to stop refusing, you wouldn’t think yourself experienced enough to help her through that? If that makes sense

JMx89

What makes me laugh, rightly or wrongly, is that 3 out of the 4 VE Squad girls have young/green horses (I know Ember is 8 but he’s probably got the riding age of about 5? I know he has raced but this is all new to him). But it only seems to be Emily who is focusing on getting her horse’s head down and is the only one who has jumped big fences. I think Meg’s approach is spot on and that’s why she has produced a Badminton top 3 horse, another Badminton qualified pony and another who is definitely Badminton quality. I would say Meg is as competitive as Emily but she knows that slowly slowly catchy monkey. Honestly baffles me the difference between Ari and Addie. I was on Emily’s side until the recent vlog.

I don’t think Lucy is as competitive as the other two but I would also say her approach to Ember is slower than Emily’s approach to Addie. It would be tempting to go quickly with him because he is 8 and technically has been under saddle for many years. But that’s not how it works. I definitely like Lucy’s approach, but I also think that’s because Justine has her head screwed on.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Cameron and if he was my way again I’d be tempted for a lesson with him. But, he was feeding into her competitive nature. Telling her that they could enter the 6 year old classes next year??? (Don’t get me started on age classes!)
I agree. I actually had to turn Emily’s latest vlog off. The kicking made me feel sick- alongside the commentary on it. I was gobsmacked she’d left it in. I’ve always enjoyed Emily’s vlogs but this was something I hadn’t seen before and has tainted things for me

iniut

This air up seems to be the new Y food.. I’m so disappointed to see so many accounts I used to like promoting them

hosslife

I'm surprised she hasn't said anything about her booting tantrum. It was really bad form and it seems from the comments here, she's lost a lot of respect from people for it.
I wouldn't be as bothered as I know we've all lost our rag here and there over the years.. But she could have made comment in the vlog either through putting some text on at that moment or commenting on it at the end of the vlog to say she was embarrased by her behaviour or she feels bad and knows it was wrong bla bla bla but left it in to show the reality or whatever. I wouldn't have been so put off had she done that. But the fact she left it in and left in Tina joking about it just leaves a sour taste.
edit/p.s. I don't think she needs 'cancelling' for this but it's a perfect opportunity to keep that relatability and also speak about the pressures of socials and keeping up with her peers!
I agree the vlog was horse abuse and bratty behaviour at its worst!
Any competition she would have been pulled for it. Molly Summerland got pulled at badminton for her bratty whip behaviour when her horse wouldn’t go through the water. Afterwards she stated how much pressure she was under and nor does it excuse it but provides an explaination.
People look up to you Emily including young adults. A role model does not saw her horses mouth and kick it like a twat! Nor does it tire a youngster out for your own gain. Remember that it is Horse before sport!
Tina didn’t help with the commentary.

I really hope rtg gets in. Don’t think the coaches will be supporting her delusions…. Hopefully she will hear some truths!!!

Can’t see what you’re answering…. Is it about Rhi? Is she jellie??!
This also annoys me with people applying to ASA. All the wannabes with horses they ride once a week. Your horse has to be fit. Hence the requirement. RTG - your not fit and neither is your horse !

Clariecakes

VIP Member
I’m going to say it and I expect I’ll get some hate but - how long are they all going to be on a ‘Lifestyle’ change?
This Rob Swain guy is going to make some money from them and the wannabe followers.

There, I’ve said it 😬 and for the record I’m very pro healthy lifestyle changes as apposed to quick fix faddy diets and diet shakes etc.

• Haha

rosieposie94

So RTG has had Pepper 7 years and still not managed to get her to a decent weight. I’m all for losing weight carefully, especially as she had ulcers but 7 years is ridiculous. My vet told me my mare needed to lose weight when she was 1 score above optimal. Pepper has to be right at the top of the body score. Either she’s lying or her vet is crap.

horses123

I am surprised no one has mentioned Charlotte’s latest reel. I honestly cringed the whole way through. She’s still trying to be funny and quirky and relatable. We’ve all said it before but that horse doesn’t look comfortable. I get that he’s a hot horse but something isn’t right. Bucking like that over every jump… even if it is just freshness, Charlotte’s riding is not helping.
Vossi looks incredibly uncomfortable there's something really off with him even on the flat he looks tense and hollow I can't believe Super XC have shared that too?! Plenty of good young event riders they could have supported instead of Charlotte who's an advert for riding a horse at a dangerous speed who is clearly in need of a vet.

equestrianlurker

Aww I see edens anxiety has disappeared for the night to go to summertime ball. 😂
I don’t think this is necessarily fair. I used to go to a lot of festivals etc even though I had anxiety, yeah I used to have a good time, but you also wouldn’t see the point where it got too much for me and I’d need to leave / take a break / have a complete meltdown. Mental illness is immensely personal, it’s not ours to judge.

Bagelwheat

Chatty Member
I know I’ve said it before, but I really do have respect for Meg when it comes to her training of young horses. She sets a really good example of not rushing your baby horses. Ari is 5 this year and she is being so sensible with him, I know personally if I bred my own horse I’d find it so hard as you wait all that time to finally get going!

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
Hannah w eventing … seems like a lovely girl, but surely there’s something amiss with her horse and how much he refuses to jump?

My bets are ..:. Jess LOTB.
lauren - adventures of megatron
Charlotte - riding with Charlotte
Emily - emd eventing

these desperados will def already be lined up

meg , to be fair ,doesn’t need it she has created her own name and is a lot better than All stars academy
I think Lauren with Mega would be great to watch and think she’d really take everything on board

ishgirl

RTG (again, sorry)...

A calming cookie and an energy cookie at the same time. How fucking thick do people have to be?!

The horse is obese and she's now put her on silvermoor haylage due to her breathing. Also fed in a bloody huge nosebagz thing. Why not give the mare soaked hay in a slow feed net? To provide adlib forage whilst being low cal and low sugar. And how about cut out the bloody treats and unnecessary cookies full of molasses 🤦🏻‍♀️ dick

emulou

Just looked at Charlotte's account as not come across her before. She must be one of the most annoying people on Instagram!! Do people actually enjoy following this crap? Videos of her doing normal stuff, her average at best riding all with her talking over really quickly. I honestly don't know how these people get so many followers 🤷‍♀️

Rep clearly needs retraining that horse isn't a 6. We have newforest ponies and our vet checks their condition when ever they come out. The farrier does the same, duty of care. I don't understand why her vet hasn't said anything.
Maybe it was actually a 9 but Ray read it upside down and thought it was a 6. Or she’s lying when she said in her stories she had such a smug grin on her face. She’ll soon have it wiped of her face when Pepper gets Laminitis. Someone did comment in her latest instagram post about Pepper not looking right. But she’s so upside down and not even remotly engaged I’m not surprised she doesn’t look right, plus having Ray using her back as a trampoline is going to have yet another detrimental effect on Pepper, she has a lot of work to do before even considering trying sitting trot again.

• Haha