Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Beau2005

Holy crap that farrier butchered poor Popcorn's feet! They're so short!

I have my doubts about that fancy yard he's on. All the horses are grazing on small paddocks with grass so short you can barely see it. No wonder he had ulcers
It’s not really like a normal yard more like a show set and must be very stressful constantly having to keep it so immaculate. However one of popcorns rug ad photos was taken right next to some ragwort so maybe not so perfect.

Reactions: 7

hosslife

So would I 😂 I kinda feel for her tbh as she will never improve if her instructor is as shit as the one she’s got. Pepper would go so much better if she wasn’t constantly asking her to stop and go at the same time

Shall we take bets on who is going on it? Tina’s been on it so I guess thats why Jess wants to be on it 😂. I wouldn’t say Meg is my favourite influencer but her horses are so nice and she rides them so well. From what I see she also takes advice about her riding and doesn’t have the I’m to big to listen to anyone.
My bets are ..:. Jess LOTB.
lauren - adventures of megatron
Charlotte - riding with Charlotte
Emily - emd eventing

these desperados will def already be lined up

meg , to be fair ,doesn’t need it she has created her own name and is a lot better than All stars academy

Jenievous

Chatty Member
Yes annabella that’s what happens when you buy **sorry get bought ** ready made gp horses and have gp riders ride them you get selected over people who have actually worked to get their way to the top.
As much as she has worked extremely hard because it's not just being plopped on a ready made horse and not having to know how to ride it.. It does prove you can buy your way to the top. Happy for her, because it's clear she wants it and she still had to work at it even if she was given a large step up to where she is. We have to remember the difference between her and us is the same as the difference between us horse owners and the people who would give anything to have their own horse at all.

Foodven

I'm going to say something potentially controversial with regards to Emily and Addie, I feel like alot of her confidence issues have stemmed from her Fred Scala lessons, she seems to ride very differently post Cameron lesson than post Fred . That XC lesson with Fred you could see her getting more upset the more Fred shouted.
Also side note, Lucy's latest with the hunt relay has some of the worst riding I've seen in a while!

Same with Tina! Her riding and banks way of going have changed a lot since focusing on Cameron’s way of training. And Cameron’s not making them cry!

Bagelwheat

Chatty Member
Her Mums horse kicked him as they turned them out together. Bet the arguments between her and her mum were wild after. 😂
yup she said he’ll forever be on individual turnout now. Poor horse. Hate when people keep them in isolation 😢 even if they can “see other horses”, it’s not the same.

Started seeing it already with the influencers who were at rockingham promoting it on their page. Its a given they will be in. Its Not what you know it’s who you know unfortunately 🙄

Agree you have to have respect for Megan on how she fetches on her youngsters. She really does understand and always does the best for them. It shows when you end up 3rd at badminton grassroots you know what your doing
I think Addie and Ari are the same age too. Both rising 5! Such a difference isn’t it!

Last edited:
Who’s coming up with a new thread title then 😂

In ref to Anabella, absolutely no way would the majority of everyday riders be able to hop on a horse like Pumpkin and ride decent GP dressage moves. Yes she is privileged and it’s meant she can buy a schoolmaster, but she still has to work hard to get the best out of him. Not everyone is good at training young horses either, it’s a skill that a lot of riders just can’t master. I think she gets too much negative comments tbh and she’s a young girl.
Charlotte would never have let Pumpkin go if she felt Annabella wasn’t capable of riding him. She clearly has the talent but no matter what she does someone will always have an opinion of her.

Jenievous

Chatty Member
Not sure it will help with Ray in charge of her feeding regime. Also what is she chatting shit about now? Does she think people being concerned about her horses weight classes as bullying? People are only telling the truth and the fact it’s being said time and time again just shows it’s not one person with a vendetta against her. If Laminitis didn’t make the horse suffer so much I’d be praying Pepper gets it so it gets through to Ray that she is damaging Peppers health by feeding her so much. I really wish the same lady that went to Esme for Baileys goes out the her as Esme did a fab job with her boys getting their weight down and actually listened to what she got told.
She likes to make out it's one group of people who hate her and make up that Pepper is fat. At least that's what I got from listening to that podcast she was on. Goes to show it probably was just some people who were concerned about Pepper and they obviously haven't been the only ones.
I really rate Esme for this actually cos she really exposed herself when she had them all weighed and was open to that criticism to get them the right weight. Which was really important for Mickey with him having cushings

curtainsonthewall

Chatty Member
I’ve just watched the video of the ride. I didn’t realise how much canter work they did. What on Earth did she expect ? A horse that has retired to take him out and blast him about that he would remain sound. Silly silly girls.

Playingatlife

So how many undisclosed adverts do we reckon there will be in the next few days on swipe up stories?! Especially as they are soooo transparent…

Spearo11

Just catching up on the Clare thing...... "I'm taking a break" how many hours later and she's back on 😂 just for alllll the "eqfluencers"........ we aren't "trolls" and we aren't deeply unhappy within ourselves I'm afraid to tell you. That might not make sense but unfortunately, it's true. I love my life, I have wonderful things in it, I'm happy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion! This is now just the standard response to receiving criticism on social media and it is Sooooo boring now. It's no different to walking into a show ring on your horse and getting placed poorly and the judge telling you why. But it's okay because you paid for that criticism? We're here giving it for free 😉 seriously though, this whole acting like a victim thing is awful. The crocodile tears and the "thank you so much for all the support and messages" when did people stop being able to take accept a bit of constructive critism? None of us are being horrible by pointing out that we think horses are overweight or lame or unhappy or whatever. We aren't attacking people here, we are thinking of the horses welfare and I tell you, I'd far rather have people say it as it is than have this toxic "I support you" bullshit because you wants likes and follows.

mumma mia

Just watched the first part of EMDs recent vlog and I feel so sorry for that poor pony of hers. She is so overbent that she can’t go forward, its clear that Emily has no give with her hands to let her just go forward, that’s probably half the reason why she throws her head in the air and hollows out because of the wrong connection. Give the poor Addie a holiday and start again when she has had a break. Emily is expecting way too much out of her, and Addie clearly isn’t focusing on her work.

littlelessbloom

What makes me laugh, rightly or wrongly, is that 3 out of the 4 VE Squad girls have young/green horses (I know Ember is 8 but he’s probably got the riding age of about 5? I know he has raced but this is all new to him). But it only seems to be Emily who is focusing on getting her horse’s head down and is the only one who has jumped big fences. I think Meg’s approach is spot on and that’s why she has produced a Badminton top 3 horse, another Badminton qualified pony and another who is definitely Badminton quality. I would say Meg is as competitive as Emily but she knows that slowly slowly catchy monkey. Honestly baffles me the difference between Ari and Addie. I was on Emily’s side until the recent vlog.

I don’t think Lucy is as competitive as the other two but I would also say her approach to Ember is slower than Emily’s approach to Addie. It would be tempting to go quickly with him because he is 8 and technically has been under saddle for many years. But that’s not how it works. I definitely like Lucy’s approach, but I also think that’s because Justine has her head screwed on.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Cameron and if he was my way again I’d be tempted for a lesson with him. But, he was feeding into her competitive nature. Telling her that they could enter the 6 year old classes next year??? (Don’t get me started on age classes!)

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
He definitely didn’t look like that with that show jumper guy riding him (when she had a few lessons years ago). She is too tall and too heavy handed and thumps down in the saddle. He needs a calm and quiet rider and she is neither of those.

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
I can’t believe Claire is now asking about Aske BE. Why doesn’t she just wait until August to do her next one. The horse is only 5 and not established

Have you seen her oh my god we would have been 6th if we had gone faster. I absolutely hate it when people do this. Time penalties are time penalties. You weren’t going to be sixth as your XC is not up to scratch if you’re getting a lot of time penalties!

Bagelwheat

Chatty Member
Thank you I’m glad it’s not just me. A schoolmaster has won and done his / her time and is there to teach the future generation. Pumpkin had a price on his head and was bought for a little brat who’s mummy and daddy have money. Yes she works hard and yes she can ride no one is disputing that but if She wasn’t bought horse worth millions would she be on the team ? No! And we just have to hope when it comes to seniors it is different and it’s people who have earned their spot not ones who Have been bought it cos no one representing gb has bought their way there
Can I ask who you wanted him to be sold to? Who could he have gone to whereby when they went out and won, because Charlotte did a bloody good job, it wouldn’t have caused such a reaction?

Charlotte trains young horses up through the levels and with that comes selling when they’re at the top.