Equestrian influencers #3 Ad/BA/sponsored rider ‘it’s not an ad guys’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve used calming cookies before. Made no difference whatsoever apart from it made me feel better which caused my horse to relax
They don’t make any difference to my cob, but daughter’s pony only needs 1 to be like a proper stoner 😆 ✌

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ugh bloody Wimpy with her teeth sucking guffawing ' ooo this is my natural hair' when its blatantly obvious she's plaited and or curled it. So bloody dull. Fake, like her personality.

Carrying on from the last thread it seems miss wimpy eventer cares more about her instagram fame than her kids. I’m sure she says it’s a private lane but what in an animal was on the track that she didn’t see because she was to busy pouting for instagram. If she wants to do it without the kids in the car fine it’s only her to get injured but those kids never asked to be put in that car so you would think she would be far more attentive when she drives.
Agreed - SO bored of the 'private driveway'. shes not wimpy, not one ounce, plays on it all. Narcissistic wannabe

It felt like I’d inadvertently joined a cult, one which I certainly did not wish to remain a member of!

The beach however… absolutely fab! But I’d just book yourself a beach trip lol, unless you have the desire to sit around in a circle and have never ending extracts of Vic’s book read out to you, passed off as your camps “evening entertainment”
Noooo is that what happens?! How arrogant :-(

Reactions: 3
Just looked at wimpy, I unfollowed ages ago. As someone who genuinely does have confidence issues and dreams of one day doing a BE it makes me feel so sad and disheartened to see her doing round small courses. Why bother entering small classes when someone else is who quite clearly is capable of doing 100s is going to be your competitor

Reactions: 7
I can’t watch her stories, the way she looks at herself whilst filming… she loves her own reflection that’s for sure.

Reactions: 6
It felt like I’d inadvertently joined a cult, one which I certainly did not wish to remain a member of!

…never ending extracts of Vic’s book read out to you, passed off as your camps “evening entertainment”
Did someone say the book is just cut & pasted from the blog pages and FB?

Reactions: 1
Oh I couldn’t tell you! I’ve never read either. Was ages ago now, I don’t really remember what any of it was about lol

Reactions: 2
Just looked at wimpy, I unfollowed ages ago. As someone who genuinely does have confidence issues and dreams of one day doing a BE it makes me feel so sad and disheartened to see her doing round small courses. Why bother entering small classes when someone else is who quite clearly is capable of doing 100s is going to be your competitor
Pot hunting at its finest. Personally if im dropping down to lower classes (which I totally agree with people in the upper levels doing after childbirth, confidence wobbles etc) I always go HC or to a non competitive league round so that I avoid this issue.
Noone likes a perpetual ribbon grabber.

Not sure on eventing rules - can you go HC/non competitivly?

It feels to me she was secretly disgusted when she didnt place - hence the longing for the flashy horse post.
The mare did so well 😔

Pot hunting at its finest. Personally if im dropping down to lower classes (which I totally agree with people in the upper levels doing after childbirth, confidence wobbles etc) I always go HC or to a non competitive league round so that I avoid this issue.
Noone likes a perpetual ribbon grabber.

Not sure on eventing rules - can you go HC/non competitivly?
It feels to me she was secretly disgusted when she didnt place - hence the longing for the flashy horse post.
The mare did so well 😔
Would have been unaffiliated so not sure on the rules for that.
Oh I couldn’t tell you! I’ve never read either. Was ages ago now, I don’t really remember what any of it was about lol
Obviously nothing special then if you can’t remember it 😂

Reactions: 1
Yes that’s correct, I bought it and was disappointed it was only blog posts.

I did used to like her, but then someone pointed out she wasn’t very wimpy. I couldn’t just jump on my horse and jump the top of the barrels like it was nothing and I wouldn’t class myself as wimpy, just not confident jumping bigger heights.

Don’t think it matters she stepped down to 70cm for the unaff, but what always got me is she would never ride Pat then book him into a BE event not having ridden him, saying she was too scared. She’s either lying and he was fit and doing more work, or he would of been completely unfit and so unfair to take a horse not in full work to go eventing.

I’ve used calming cookies before. Made no difference whatsoever apart from it made me feel better which caused my horse to relax
I used them a couple of times, didn't see any difference at all and they also made my horse choke both times. Never happened before until them and never used them again.

Totally agree- Not Wimpy, more like Whingey.
The stories that morning were the first time I felt disbelief how obviously she was having us on.

Reactions: 6
And it seems one person is the common denominator there..
I have noticed that Katie definitely dominates the air time, especially when they have a guest on!
There was actually one episode I wondered if Krista was going to get a word in!
I would have loved to hear more from her, it's a shame she's left!

That being said, they both seem busy busy busy so I wouldnt be suprised if it was more a time factor maybe?
It must be hard when you have horses, kids, sheep, jobs etc etc to join down a good mutual time!

That being said, they both seem busy busy busy so I wouldnt be suprised if it was more a time factor maybe?
It must be hard when you have horses, kids, sheep, jobs etc etc to join down a good mutual time!
Yes that makes sense too. To be honest if it had just been that they probably would have been less cryptic. It's a crying shame because they did have a good thing going and seemed to bounce off of each other really well.

Yes that’s correct, I bought it and was disappointed it was only blog posts.

I did used to like her, but then someone pointed out she wasn’t very wimpy. I couldn’t just jump on my horse and jump the top of the barrels like it was nothing and I wouldn’t class myself as wimpy, just not confident jumping bigger heights.

Don’t think it matters she stepped down to 70cm for the unaff, but what always got me is she would never ride Pat then book him into a BE event not having ridden him, saying she was too scared. She’s either lying and he was fit and doing more work, or he would of been completely unfit and so unfair to take a horse not in full work to go eventing.

I used to know her, we were friends. She was a desperate thing back then, desperate to be 'country' or rich and flashy. Used to have an army husband who she would literally fleece, insisted on a Land Rover as it fitted her wannabe image, he bought her a lorry, any horse she wanted and would then pass on..... deffo NOT a wimp.

No but I'm intrigued! When it was with Karla it ended very abruptly and was quite hush hush! Strange that history has repeated itself 👀👀👀
Ooo what history - I dont know about this.....

• Wow
I have noticed that Katie definitely dominates the air time, especially when they have a guest on!
There was actually one episode I wondered if Krista was going to get a word in!
I would have loved to hear more from her, it's a shame she's left!

I actually didn’t like the podcast as much once Karla left. Christa just wasn’t really for me, it just didn’t feel fun anymore.
I like Kati a lot, but it does seem odd that this has happened twice in quite close succession. Perhaps the logistics off getting someone to commit to it is too much. It would be a shame if it ended, but I’ve never felt it was the same since Karla left.

Olivia Towers has gone pretty quiet. I get the impression she thought her various ‘courses’ and members groups would be a success, but it seems that when she doesn’t instantly make money from them, she chucks in the towel. I think she’s a bit of a drifter and is perhaps a bit sad that she hasn’t made the career out of dressage that she hoped and has lost her way a bit. I did find her ‘have a positive mindset’ a bit of a kick in the teeth when the majority of us are trying to do our horses around full time jobs and battling with being on livery yards and she’s swanning around with everything handed to her on a plate- horses, lorry, yard with indoor and outdoor arenas, staff, the bank of mum and dad… it would be far easier to be positive with the set up she has! The tears when she felt a test hadn’t gone well was just pathetic. It’s trotting a horse around a sandpit, not brain surgery.

On a more positive note, as much as Tina annoyed me on the fun ride vlog and I felt she was very unfair to Emily, I was pleased for her recent eventing result. She really does just love her horse and want to have fun, I don’t think anyone can take that away from her.

I find Wimpy very fake. She’s not wimpy about riding at all, she’s worried about not doing well and gets competitive nerves. I think the wimpy thing is a way of hiding this.

I find Wimpy very fake. She’s not wimpy about riding at all, she’s worried about not doing well and gets competitive nerves. I think the wimpy thing is a way of hiding this.
Yes very true. And worrying about not doing well is fine - I get serious competition nerves and feel like I have let down myself and my horse if I don’t do well. I had to retire from a ode the other day because it wasn’t going to plan. Would I call myself wimpy? No, because I know people who are genuinely scared. I knew someone who lunged her horse before every ride and even then she would only walk and do a short side of trot. For Vic to call herself wimpy when people like that genuinely exist is a bit of a kick in the teeth

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.