Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Bl00dy hell you’d think Meg had won the actual 5* the way she’s going on?!!… has she even acknowledged the two riders who placed 1st and 2nd?! Also it just me who thinks she looks too big on Jam?
Just you. I see a little of the green eyed monster coming out. To some people coming 3rd at a championships with a decent track like that on a horse you have produced yourself is like winning 5*. And what if the others don’t want to be plastered all over Meg’s social media. I wouldn’t my social media is private for a reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Being placed at badminton grass roots is a huge achievement! Getting a top 3 placing of phenomenal and she has every right to be proud of her horse and herself.
You want to see me when I win a prelim test 🤣

Reactions: 22

Chicarica

Can the beggin' Elphick stans go create a rave thread instead of back seat modding on here?

I never said she doesn't deserve or shouldn't have a bedding sponsor. But the seedy way she and others do it under the guise of "recommend a company" pisses me off. It's underhanded and sleazy. It's begging!

If she thinks she should have a bedding sponsor, why not go direct to a company and pitch to them like most professionals do? Get in touch with their PR via email and pitch yourself and why you think that company would benefit from the exposure.

This isn't just aimed at Megan, it's aimed at all the influencers looking for "recommendations".

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ray is the worst horse owner I have ever fucking seen. Everything she does is so crazy. Even giving the horse a calming cookie but also an energy boost? Surely that’s just one contradicting the other or someone tell me otherwise?

she may have 1000 saddle pads and all the gear and love her matchy matchy (act your age) but she has NO IDEA. This woman has no fucking care for this horse. It’s about her, her content and thinking she looks good matching the horse.

I love following influencers from a point of view of learning new things, getting pole inspo, finding new brands etc but it is so damaging that she is promoting being obese, riding an obese horse, giving contradicting cookies, buying from brands with shit ethics, thinking a lazy tool from a farrier is innovative yet it’s actually damaging. WHAT ELSE. She has such a damaging account and can influence people into thinking this is all right. This is so far from influencing and how any brand can support her is beyond me. How some influencers can big her up and like her posts and support her is beyond me. She, is beyond me. This girl is so damaging and she’s flaunting it. Deleting comments, blocking people. It’s not going to stop people from seeing that everything she’s doing is WRONG and she needs to go back to pony club for some fucking stable management. AGHHHHHH IM SCREAMING

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Sammiejayne444

Chatty Member
I would hate to be with a drunk Tina🤨
☝ absolutely this.
Longtime lurker and never commented before. Only here because of someone's #bekind posts last summer.
After watching the drunk antics at Badminton, I finally felt compelled to comment. If you want to make a tit of yourself, no problem but as brand ambassadors, shouldn't they either behave with a bit more decorum or have their own private accounts just for that kind of thing ? I'm not a party pooper in the slightest but think these 'influencers' are role models for the younger generation and should behave as such.

Reactions: 18
Izzy would actually have a chance of Clancy getting fitter and building the right muscle in the right places if she’d be serious and work him over his back properly and get him in correct outlines rather than running up a path laughing with long lines.. she’s so clueless and sometimes I think people not working their horses into correct and comfortable outlines is where back issues and KS becomes issues with tension as they work with their head in the air

Video editing can take hours! There will be lots of clips to go through, mistakes to be cut out, you have to make sure it flows, makes sure it makes sense, sort out glitches. It really isn’t that easy.
Agree I wish people would open their eyes to this. Editing isn’t an easy task, frustrating and time consuming if anything so she is working her ass off

Yes she has 8+ horses to care for, but that’s her choice to own that many. Her parents have a property that provides her with acreage, stabling, arena etc, her Mum also takes her to every event in a top of the range truck, Meg wouldn’t be where she is now without her parents or her sponsors. Meg only rides her own ponies, that is not a full time job, caring for your own ponies, is not a full time job, uploading a YouTube video once a week is not a full time job.
Take a look at the other YouTubers, most of which hold full time jobs, such as Tina, Emily, Lucy, Life on the Buckle etc.
I’m sorry but Meg lives off her parents, and her sponsors, that’s just my opinion, the same as everyone else has there opinion, I’m just speaking out from how I see it from my point of view.
And what? Some parents are more supportive and have the right set up than others. She’s not going to walk away from the support and set up elsewhere on her own. Jeannette isn’t going to throw her out and produce horses herself (I know she’s part of it but she’s hardly gona do it herself). That’s life and life’s unfair if you keep thinking so negatively about how advantaged she is to everyone else. Look at all top sportspeople, they’re all advantaged in some ways or another. Life is what you make it too, there’s ways around working to the top. I don’t mean to sound like Molly Mae but why are people obsessing over Megs advantages? She’s so fuxking hard working and then you see Olivia Towers and Erin Williams with the exact same opportunities and they’re doing fuck all and not appreciating it. Olivia Towers cries and gives up Grand Proz riding because Charlotte Dujardin passed a remark so she’s crying over being lost …get up and get fucking on with it. Then there’s Erin who has sos much money she doesn’t know what to do with herself she’s just buying Spanish horses for IG and riding solo helicopters for fun on a weekday.
Meg works her ass off between producing her horses and YouTube etc and advertising is part of it all. You don’t complain about Piggy March and others being sponsored and supported by other brands? She’s the same as Megan but 5*. She might ride other peoples horses and mightn’t do YouTube but she does do Piggy TV etc.

Get out of Megan’s face and let her breathe. She’s a hardworking b*tch and she should own it

Last edited:

Wodge887

Meg damned whatever she does. If she’d played up the fact she came third & got beaten she would be called a brat & ungrateful. Over the moon with her big achievement she’s over doing it.
Good to call people out when they aren’t showing the horse world very well but not bitchijg for the sake of it. Let her have her moment.

Wodge887

Is Tina still a BE Ambassador? I’m not sure I like her latest posts if she is … the steward in hi viz who ruined her dressage canter strike off, the steward who eliminated her in the SJ - I thought it was a fairly well known rule you can’t dismount before leaving the arena? If it was for Banksy’s welfare, then that’s fine- just don’t have a pop at steward on social media. Irritates me as we never see her volunteer at any BE events, so please don’t moan about the people who do!
Tina & Emily were kicked out of the BE ambassador roles for breaking Covid rules, along with Meg. It was when BE was first allowed back & only one person could attend with a competitor. The VE squad had a get together the weekend of Burnham Market eventing & Lucy took Tina, Em & Meg with her when she rode there. Lots of people saw them & complained. Meg lyed & said they were all there but helping different people. BE ran an investigation & removed the BE ambassador role from Em & Tina. Not that they ever admitted it though.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I also was so disappointed with this.
There is definitely a split on the gram. What gets me is how they think their audience can afford 400 boots when most are probably trying to get by on DIY livery

Same with LOTB. Your audience is not fairfax and favour clients.
I feel like they have lost their way and forgot who made their accounts big in the first place. They are definitely not representing the masses. Sad times
I am personally so glad that this “influencing” stuff wasn’t around when I was a young child/teenager. I used to work at my riding stable from 6am to 6pm every weekend just to get a sit on a horse as my single parent mum couldn’t afford riding lessons and everything that went with it. I already felt jealous enough of my friends who got riding lessons every week! Atleast back then we didn’t seem interested in wearing all the expensive brands and we all wore rubber long boots! (I sound old but I’m only 25 haha) Just can’t imagine how it makes not only the young children/teenagers who can’t afford this lifestyle feel as well as their parents having their child ask for £400 boots when that might not even cover gas and electricity these days!!

Yeah I genuinely thought she had won till I looked up the results. She kept referring to Jam as 'this champion'...well she's not the champion she came 3rd
I think that’s a quite a shitty thing to say. She’s clearly over the moon, to qualify for badminton grassroots is rather difficult , plus to jump a double clear and finish on your dressage score is fantastic but to be placed 3rd ontop of that is amazing!! Let her be happy!

• Heart

Bagelwheat

Chatty Member
From her insta story do we think Ponynuts is putting Bella in foal?

Also why has RTG being riding Pepper in a double bridle, seems excessive for a clinic?
I hope not. Pet peeve when people have a lame mare so they put it in foal to potentially breed a future lame horse. As far as she’s posted, Bella’s issues are hoof related which is more than likely down to her confirmation and way of going.

That’s just my opinion as I really disagree with people breeding just because they can.

Clariecakes

VIP Member
Just seen Ben Hobday rocking up to Badminton in a trailer, I know he has zero to do with this thread but, what a legend.

• Heart

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
I don’t follow RTG, but I had a look at her instagram and it makes for very grim viewing. Im of the opinion that if we are going to expect a horse to carry us, we should do as much as we can to be in the best physical shape we can. I’m not saying everyone should aim to be stick thin, but I do question whether obese riders have any place sitting on the back of an animal. RTG isn’t a quiet, tidy rider either, she’s very handsy and heavy in her seat, with minimal control of her legs.
The ‘all body shapes should be able to do what they like’ brigade annoy me, because when it’s affecting the welfare of an animal, no they shouldn’t be able to do what they like.
The horse is also obese. Very sad.
I’m sure she’s a lovely person, but I don’t think the welfare of the horse is being considered.

• Heart

RainyVee

I am personally so glad that this “influencing” stuff wasn’t around when I was a young child/teenager. I used to work at my riding stable from 6am to 6pm every weekend just to get a sit on a horse as my single parent mum couldn’t afford riding lessons and everything that went with it. I already felt jealous enough of my friends who got riding lessons every week! Atleast back then we didn’t seem interested in wearing all the expensive brands and we all wore rubber long boots! (I sound old but I’m only 25 haha) Just can’t imagine how it makes not only the young children/teenagers who can’t afford this lifestyle feel as well as their parents having their child ask for £400 boots when that might not even cover gas and electricity these days!!
Good old long rubber boots, either Aigle or Caldene. I had Aigle rubber boots, Harry Hall jods, a Puffa fleece & a Charles Own hat in black. My parents couldn't habe afforded anything else.

I remember getting the Robinsons Catalogue & circling everything I wished I could get 😊

Reactions: 16

eyespybs123

Chatty Member
Can the beggin' Elphick stans go create a rave thread instead of back seat modding on here?

I never said she doesn't deserve or shouldn't have a bedding sponsor. But the seedy way she and others do it under the guise of "recommend a company" pisses me off. It's underhanded and sleazy. It's begging!

If she thinks she should have a bedding sponsor, why not go direct to a company and pitch to them like most professionals do? Get in touch with their PR via email and pitch yourself and why you think that company would benefit from the exposure.

This isn't just aimed at Megan, it's aimed at all the influencers looking for "recommendations".
Could you imagine Piggy March posting 'anyone recommend good riding boots?' on her Instagram stories in the hopes that ariat send her new boots? No? That's because it would be beggy and embarrassing, why's it any different if an 'influencer' does it? 💀 Nothing to do with her work ethic or riding ability, just completely tragic that influencer culture works like that 🙄

This might be controversial and I genuinely think Meg is a great rider, but I wouldn’t say she’s “worked hard”. She’s had hours of free lessons and support from Olympic and 5* riders. Even Lucinda walking the xc course with her is a money can’t buy experience. As good of a rider as she is, her sponsors and status have provided her with incredible opportunities nobody else has access to. Grassroots is suppose to be for amateurs, the average horse owner with restricted funds and a full-time job. I don’t think Meg has worked harder than any of the other competitors, she’s just been extremely lucky to have such amazing opportunities.

eyespybs123

Chatty Member
No, I think you’re jaded and negative tbh. Assuming the worst of people. She has a large following. So stands to reason she can get a lot of feedback from them rather than just asking the people she knows personally. Sorry but I don’t think she’s fishing for sponsors and free shit. Just asking people she knows returns a small amount of recommendations. Asking her followers returns more.

We’re not talking about Tina though. You can’t tarnish all of them with the same brush. Meg doesn’t beg and she has earned the sponsors she has. People need to get off her back and quit being jealous/jaded
I'm amazed you can see to type with how far up Megs arse your head is 😂

• Haha