Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’m UK and yep, size 14 on a 16.3hh ISH. To be fair, I’m at that age where it’s difficult to shift weight despite exercising outside of having horses, but yep, I was referred to as a bigger girl 🤣 it’s fair enough - I’ve weight to shift but I was surprised as I’m also 5’10 so not short and stumpy! 🤣
That’s actually ridiculous unless your horse has a health issue like arthritis. How patronising to call you a ‘bigger girl’ too. Rude.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

ishgirl

I think Tina is making a huge mistake going for the 100 qualification rather than the 90 again for badders 2025. She could definitely place front of house at 90 but I seriously doubt she would place in the 100. No doubt Banksy and her will boss round the xc but the showjumping...I would be hesitant!
She has jumped plenty of clear rounds at 100 SJ 🤷🏻‍♀️ And has done today. There's nothing wrong with wanting to challenge yourself. If she did the 90 again everyone would call her a trophy hunter like they did Meg 🤣 I don't think she's that bothered about placing and prozw giving, more so it was gutting that she was so close but didn't manage it!

Haven't watched the video but convinced she is PSSM / MIM.. elphicks happy to send hair for a colour test but not for an actual metabolic issue 🤷‍♀️

Another unsuitable pony for the harlow collection?
Does her mum see these on Facebook and buy them on a whim?
Do they ever get vetted?
A green horse and an inexperienced teenager who has no sense or concept of the danger a young horse can present.. disaster waiting to happen.
Harlow instill bad habits in her older well behaved ponies so a young one is going to be a nightmare.
Made me cringe them dragging him off the trailer and squeezing him down that narrow track, into a stable yard full of junk and spooky objects for a baby. Harlow with the lead rope wrapped around her hand and not paying enough attention.
There is barely any space or land at their house.

_Willfully_

I mean look at RWC and the scores she’s getting for nothing than a false, forced frame with a flashy, pretty grey horse, and her fake weird creepy smile. It’s incredible (in the wrong way) how judges are scoring these days!
To be fair, her results sound much more impressive than they actually are when you look at them more closely. He classes are small, she competes at the very lowest levels in the lowest section imaginable.

So when it says "second" in the results for Bury Farm for example, it means she was 2. out of three in the Bronze section, but 5th out of 8 overall. Not so impressive anymore, it it? Here again, 4th out of 5 in her section, 6th out of 7 overall. Basically second from last.
37th at the Ara Festival Finals

People keep saying she is getting the migh marks, she really isn't. Yes, she scored in the 70s once, in a music class, but that is an outlier.

horsey1234

Everyone’s thoughts? I think it’s everyone I *expected* it to be in all honesty
Kitty King is an obvious omission but I’m not sure how you choose between them. I think she deserved a spot but then so do the other 4 there. I Wish they would bring back the squad of 5.

horsey1234

Re: Oliver. Listen and form your own opinions. They link sources in their show notes.
He’s no angel that’s for sure and I’m not a fan of his, but this podcast is way out there and I would listen with caution. They miss out a lot of facts that don’t fit their narrative and clearly don’t have a clue really about how the sport works. I certainly wouldn’t use this podcast to form opinions.

Blob the cob is pregnant 🤯 I hope for her everything goes well and motherhood is everthing she wants. But also that she uses this as an opportunity to reduce the amount of animals she has and bring some stability to her life.

• Wow

Disty

Dammit I've managed to stay away from tattle but just seen something I can't resist 😂

Blobthecob!! Posted a video on Instagram a couple of days ago riding Nero. That pony has always been totally fucked off about having someone on his back and is so obviously in a lot of pain. Sound horses don't fucking canter like that let alone jump like that, not to mention the violently wringing tail and ears pinned. Can't believe they're still bothering him with bits of riding at 24 in a physical state like that and playing it off as him being quirky and excitable. It would be interesting to see a post mortem dissection of the poor lad I can imagine he is riddled with pathology, some seriously bizarre jumping style and posture.

storynerd

Chatty Member
I don't follow Miri but I looked at that post - what a lot of fuss!! You'd think she was shipping the horse off to an active war zone from the way she's carrying on

• Haha

Coblife

Her excuse would be oh it’s group turnout so theres not much grass per horse. But the field still looks quite big and horses can eat a huge amount when they first go onto lush grass like that. And the speed the grass is growing that will be very fattening grass.
How the pony doesn't have laminitis yet is a miracle - plus still having hard feed. The crest on her looks rock solid, she is seriously overweight. At what point does the yard manager make a judgement call and say to the owner - restrictive strip grazing or if that's not possible muzzle the pony at least.

Reactions: 6

Twintwin

Chatty Member
Kate is an odd one, she was big/popular online during the youtube pony phase, of course everyone loved Nero. Her and her family seemed to live more of a normal life then. She never got the same success in the ring when she moved onto horses and that seemed to be when things started changing, collecting more horses, animals in general.

She doesn't seem to have done the normal, grow up, get a job, move out thing. Which I guess, does it matter, is that just society norms, but that's a whole other cul de sac. But all lead me to wonder if she struggles with mental health. She does seem very young for her age and have seen videos where she's sleeping in the tackroom as so much to do. I too hope both her and parents realise they should cut down on animals before baby arrives.

Baby is obviously very wanted, I hope it all goes as planned for her.
It’s definitely quite odd to want a baby while your parents are still young and around rather than wanting to have baby with a partner. Fair enough if she was much older but there would still be plenty of time at her age.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
Ellie Fredricks posted a photo of herself at the Elphick’s, looks like she’s riding Winnie…….
---
So started watching the Bear update and one thing that is standing out to me is Meg has lost a lot of confidence whilst Bear has been out of work, so getting back on a quirky pony, and being not confident/scared is a bad recipe. Bear was always spooky, used to rear at times, over jump etc, back when Meg was almost fearless, but Meg’s confidence has been knocked since and she’s now showing this with Bear = Not good.
With these horses that have behaviour issues, why can’t people get these horses checked over by a vet? A physio isn’t going to fix her! Meg is too big for Bear, and stop using Bear for your own footage and put the pony first, if she’s 14 yrs old, she’s never going to change! And Megs confidence is never going to be positive on Bear!

Last edited:

Nosymum

VIP Member
I know him well I've worked for him.... but my comment stands, he can't win no matter what he does
I’m actually glad he’s not running the horse, nice to see that rather than him flogging an exhausted horse home as we’ve seen before. If he’s happy to do that in public I dread to think what he’s like behind thr scenes.

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
The thing is, I think the elphicks think they are the best riders ever and no one else can ride Bear. There will be a lovely young rider out there that can ride her. Bloody loan her out or something. She isn’t good for breeding, she doesn’t like being ridden by Meg, find her a nice young rider to be with.

shboom

Just watched RWCs latest vlog. In addition to others comments re her scores/results, making them seem better than they are.. it’s interesting that she never shares the individual movement marks and judges comments. Does she have something to hide? Also wish I could unsee her shagging her saddle in the free walk 😂😂

• Haha

Clomo

Think Meg was posting about Bolesworth too so I assume she was going... but idk how this poster would get the £10k figure, might have just made it up.

Ollie Townend has withdrawn Ballaghmoor Class from Olympic contention. After not running at Badminton - wonder if something more serious is wrong with him? ☹
He hasn't had the prep runs from his absess and then the poor start to the spring season, and so to rush and get that last Olympic qualification wouldn't be fair on Thomas, who at 17 and already a gold medal winning horse doesn't need the stress. He's being aimed at burghley instead as he has a good record there