Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Alfie1234

VIP Member
Oh well done Emily! 1st on BANKSY and 2nd on Addie, she must be over the moon! So pleased for her, they put so much time, effort and money into it so it’s great to have some pay off.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes we’ve all been here! I’ve had a horse trip over on its knees, get back up and then trip down again causing it to fall over completely whilst being on it. Also got bucked off a couple of months back, and I couldn’t get out of the way of the horse when I landed on the ground and she stood on my face, obviously had to go to hospital for stitches inside and outside. So it happens to us all in different ways, I’m sure Meg will make a confidence crisis of this at some point, but sounds like she’s ok.
as for there shit breeding, I agree they breed for colour and not anything else.
It just goes to show the importance of wearing a hat and what a melt Charlotte is for advocating not wearing one as not to ruin her hair. It doesn’t matter how good you are if your horse ends up on the floor so will you.

Reactions: 9

storynerd

Chatty Member
This is ridiculous, I’m 5’8, 11 stone and a size 8/10😟
it's not that ridiculous... being too heavy for a horse doesn't mean overweight, it just means too heavy. A 6ft muscular man could easily be too heavy despite being very fit. I would assume they've set that weight based on the horses/ponies they have available, and probably underestimated as more novice riders will "ride heavy" by being less balanced

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
it’s awful isn’t it. Shame on the judge for not pulling her up!
i think there’s this weird notion that British people feel they can’t mention a really fat person’s weight. I had a saddle fitting this weekend and I’m not skinny, I’m a size 14 and the fitter pulled me up for my weight on a 16.3hh! Fair play to her. But if I’m being warned about being big at a side 14, how does no one say anything to blobonacob or raythegoth etc

_Willfully_

It was Georgie Campbells funeral yesterday, just so we are clear on how ‘affected’ the influencers were by her passing and the circumstances around it, they were all celebrating Sophie Halls 30th birthday yesterday, not even a mention or a pause for thought.
No social media black out, no telling is how we should think and feel…..
In fairness you can't expect Sophie to cancel her long planned and booked event just because it was the funeral of someone she probably didn't even know personally, I don't think any of them knew her other than having seen her around. Everyone was affected when it happened, I am still haunted by seeing it on TV because it was clear that it would be pretty bad.

But I don't think it is unreasonable for them to carry on with plans. Everybody stopping life won't bring Georgie back.

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Just say that horse weighs 580kgs, 20% of the rider max weight is around 18st. I have no idea what type of horse it is or who the rider is. But you can’t presume she’s too heavy for it or even not too heavy for it. Judging people’s weight is highly unfair, no matter what size they are.
Add a stone or more on for saddle. No horse, in my opinion, should be carrying anywhere near to 18 stone.
Riding is not a right and horse welfare must always come first.

_Willfully_

So, there is a massive scandal brewing in the Dressage world (again lol). Not sure if it is acceptable to name names as the person in question isn't an influencer as such (yet has quite a following on Insta and is sponsored so.....)

Child of mega-rich parents who bought several world class (literally) horses for her so she managed to get to the Olympics before she even got out of Young Riders. That was a dozen years ago and since then there was a change of nationalities because her former "mean federation" left her out of a team spot.

In April, she was banned from sport for 3 months for not complying with anti-doping protocols. She got a team of lawyers and appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sports, and to my amazement the appeal resulted in her ban being extended to 18 months. I was startled by that as it seems quite harsh for not reporting in properly basically (the original charge was that she failed to report her location to be available for drug testing 3 times), but now it turns out (if the story isbtrue) that the Court of Arbitration for Sports received files from allegedly 30 individuals, including from a vet or vets and (probably former?) employees.

If even a quarter of the allegations are true, not going to the Olympic should and would be the least of her worries now.

Allegations include the use of electric shock devices on horses' legs, electric collars, chains, bleeding mouths from severe bits, actual doping after drug tests, beating horses in the stable, mistreatment of employees by taking their documents and refusing to hand them out, not paying staff, verbal and psychological abuse and breaches of employment law.

Shockingly, it is also alleged that both her national federation and the FEI have been informed, the former responded saying the allegagtions were without merit and the latter didn't even bother to apply.

If you can read French (or are on a device or browser that translates it for you) here is a French article about it. It doesn't name her but people who follow international Dressage probably know who they're talking about because the suspension so close to the Olympics was widely talked about.

Not what the sport needs at any time and certainly not this close to the Games.....

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
I really hope both her and her parents cut down the number of animals. They have to realise you can’t save them all, and with a baby on the way, they need the money and the space.

qwerty123poiuy

Looking at the size of her, she’d most likely be eligible for ozempic to help her keep it off long term. Loosing weight is very hard and many have complicated relationship with it. But that being said, it’s so unfair on the horses who will most likely develop their own health issues
I just don't understand it. The judges are enabling animal abuse. I don't give a flying about her rights to be huge or whatever she would say, and her cronies. If she wants to kill herself by being so disgustingly overweight that's fine, but her horses should not have to carry her. How she can look at videos and pictures and not see it is beyond me. And how much must she physically eat every day?!

Oliver literally cannot win, if he runs he gets moaned about, if he withdraws he gets moaned about 🤷‍♀️
His track record tells you all you need to know about him. He is currently in his horse first sport second phase. He will be back to his win at all costs even if it’s ugly phase before long.

I know him well I've worked for him.... but my comment stands, he can't win no matter what he does
He could win by finally learning his lesson and stopping in his horse first sport second phase. He is an absolutely fantastic rider but he needs to stop flogging knackered horses around 5* cross country courses and people would have a lot more respect for him.

Does Callie Coles irritate anyone else? So sickly sweet, bringing ponies in the house, going out to find wild strawberries :rolleyes: she also never declares the ads. Set up videos of the children reading sat on ponies as if it's not set up at all.
yeah I said exactly the same thing a few threads back lol. Can’t stand all the twee-ness, let alone the things they do that are awfully unsafe!

ReaRea

Chatty Member
He’s a saint for putting up with her on his mouth and back! I’d love to know why he hated the jumping scene but seems to be taking to the dressage scene. I can’t stand her at all, if it doesn’t go her way she cracks the shits, and she thinks she some sort of dressage queen. She will get to a particular level where she won’t improve or whatever and the scores will reflect and she will have a hissy fit about it all.
I don’t think he hated the jumping scene. It’s more that she’s a terrible rider and he’s too much horse for her when it comes to jumping.

horsey1234

EMD Eventing……. Just awful! Poor Addie! Tight martingale, tight noseband, bit pulled through her mouth and bad hands from Emily!
I’ve seen the reel you’ve taken this from and it’s literally a split second, I think it’s a little unfair to screenshot to be honest…

Horsemum

Can’t screenshot the full wording from the story (my co-ordination isn’t fast enough!) but seems that mumchausen is seriously considering breeding from Beanie. Just why??? As much as anything, you really don’t want to put a mare in foal after the end of June as late foals are often disadvantaged, let alone they still don’t know if the mare will stand up to proper work given it’s now headshaking as a side effect from the nerve injury which may require further treatment via an injection of a muscle relaxant. Why do people breed from very average horses to give it a job rather than just turning it away for however long an injury takes to heal or treatment to take effect. They’d also need to use a much bigger stallion if they want it for themselves as Frankie is still growing so fast which isn’t fair on the mare especially if she’s a maiden.

So much truth in the old saying “fools breed horses for wise men to ride”
Can’t be doing with people who breed unsound mares of no note. This is why there are so many heartbreakingly unsound horses about, unless there had been an incident then genetically so many are pre disposed to passing the root of the unsoundness on.

on a side note, do they ever declare an ad? Recent posts are full of undeclared ones. Sick of so many of these influencers and momfluencers ignoring the law. That includes hiding the declarations 😡

• Heart

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
She looked good, but overweight. Would be refreshing to see some fit and lean horses this time of year. Ellie is a great rider though and I thought Meg rode really well having such a confident partner to ride with.

Reactions: 7

storynerd

Chatty Member
Even

Even if I won the lottery, not sure I’d buy a horse from Holly as all they seem to do is jump, jump and jump! When’s the last time you saw her take them for a hack or do something other than jump?
To be fair (and I've said this in the past) jumping is what gets the views so it's what people bother videoing and posting. Especially Holly as she's far more infrequent than the others. She's posted stories of them going out for hacks

I’m UK and yep, size 14 on a 16.3hh ISH. To be fair, I’m at that age where it’s difficult to shift weight despite exercising outside of having horses, but yep, I was referred to as a bigger girl 🤣 it’s fair enough - I’ve weight to shift but I was surprised as I’m also 5’10 so not short and stumpy! 🤣
That’s actually ridiculous unless your horse has a health issue like arthritis. How patronising to call you a ‘bigger girl’ too. Rude.

• Haha