Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

qwerty123poiuy

I was competing in the same class as Rhi today. He just completely freaked at a banner round the arena and wouldn't go near it. She rode very quietly and nicely trying to get him back onside but his brain was gone and he was tense and spooky.
She took it on the chin, no whining at her lorry, happy and smiling while admitting she was a little disappointed. Really impressed me tbh.

Reactions: 23

_Willfully_

EMD Eventing……. Just awful! Poor Addie! Tight martingale, tight noseband, bit pulled through her mouth and bad hands from Emily!
In fairness, the martingale isn't tight, she has her head way up and the martingale is doing what it is meant to be doing. It's a moment in time across country and by itself not very meaningful. If you slow-mo through random cross country rounds you could find a bad moment in many, if not most.

Reactions: 20

mik05

Does Callie Coles irritate anyone else? So sickly sweet, bringing ponies in the house, going out to find wild strawberries :rolleyes: she also never declares the ads. Set up videos of the children reading sat on ponies as if it's not set up at all.

Reactions: 14

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
In fairness, the martingale isn't tight, she has her head way up and the martingale is doing what it is meant to be doing. It's a moment in time across country and by itself not very meaningful. If you slow-mo through random cross country rounds you could find a bad moment in many, if not most.
I agree with this. There wouldn’t be many (any) riders, even top level riders that everyone worships, who wouldn’t have a dodgy-looking moment-in-time shot from every cross country round. You are riding a keen, strong animal, at speed towards solid fences.
I really dislike screenshots like this as they don’t paint a true picture.

19x94

I'm ready to be ripped apart but I'm 29 and my favourite one to watch is Harlow and Chelsea 😅

Partly because of the showing and house renovations, but also because Harlow is 12 years old and is quite literally more mature than Charlotte, Meg, Tina, Han... 😂😩

• Haha

secrets123

Meg is a complete backwards rider than most riders that produce young horses. I’d say that with Meg’s backwards way of riding, defensiveness and low confidence, it has affected Wilma. But to stay low level is a good thing, but Meg carries on like it’s all Wilma’s fault being the way she is, but horses get there confidence from there rider, Meg needs to take a look at herself in her riding and stop blaming the horses. At least she had a positive weekend with her.
I actually quite like watching Meg’s vlogs and think the content with her young horses is usually interesting (especially where it includes a professional giving their tuition)….. But this is the thing that really bothers me. If something goes wrong it is almost always the horses fault (“she went a bit green”, “she was spooky”, “she doesn’t understand lateral work yet”, “she thinks she knows best”).

She never ever says “I need to do xyz to help my horse”. As the sole rider (near enough) of these horses if something goes wrong, that is your fault 99% of the time - whether it’s the way you rode in that moment, or the preparation/training you’ve done at home wasn’t enough for the situation you put your horse in.

This is where she is so different to the likes of Alanna, Evie, Justine etc etc and it comes across immature.

Reactions: 12

Clariecakes

VIP Member
It was Georgie Campbells funeral yesterday, just so we are clear on how ‘affected’ the influencers were by her passing and the circumstances around it, they were all celebrating Sophie Halls 30th birthday yesterday, not even a mention or a pause for thought.
No social media black out, no telling is how we should think and feel…..

• Sad

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
IMG_5592.jpeg

This is poor Vossi……… Charlotte isn’t overly happy with her scores this time, but she’s not going to be too hard on herself, but actually she always appreciates winning a rosette 🤦🏼‍♀️
She’s also trying a new set of reins because when she finishes her tests, her reins are always 5cm longer than when she started 🤦🏼‍♀️ Dear Lord……… Who ever can sit through and watch her vlogs needs a life!!

• Sad
  • Haha

houdini

VIP Member
I wonder if Meg’s confidence crisis is somewhat age related. In my late teens and early twenties I would pretty much get on anything but now (early 30s) I have a lot more self preservation and don’t like to put myself in situations where I might get hurt. I’m sure this isn’t universal but it’s anecdotally common among people I know.

Twintwin

Chatty Member
Kate/Blobthecob seems to assume she’ll be still competing multiple horses at big shows post baby 😅 not sure that’ll happen with 27 horses to look after (and the rest of the animals) plus a baby
People have no idea how much their life will change after having their first baby. I can’t imagine how overwhelmed she will be with a newborn and all those animals.

Reactions: 11

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
I wonder if Meg’s confidence crisis is somewhat age related. In my late teens and early twenties I would pretty much get on anything but now (early 30s) I have a lot more self preservation and don’t like to put myself in situations where I might get hurt. I’m sure this isn’t universal but it’s anecdotally common among people I know.
I think it comes with the older you get the wiser you get. And I am completely the same, I know what horses are capable of doing (I work in the racing industry and ride breakers/pretrainers). I am a lot older now and I’d get on anything when I was much younger, but since having many of falls and injuries I am more cautious, but I believe that if you are not confident riding a particular horse then you shouldn’t be riding it, and this is where I see Meg, she’s not confident on Bear and I don’t think it’s a good idea. But clearly she needs Bear to produce content for YouTube and needs her money made from it ……. sadly.

Clomo

Oliver literally cannot win, if he runs he gets moaned about, if he withdraws he gets moaned about 🤷‍♀️

Compasses

Kate/Blobthecob seems to assume she’ll be still competing multiple horses at big shows post baby 😅 not sure that’ll happen with 27 horses to look after (and the rest of the animals) plus a baby

lulu_234

This is ridiculous, I’m 5’8, 11 stone and a size 8/10😟
But that is the very point - many who may want to ride may not fit the requirements, and that's okay. It's not for the riding school to risk the welfare of thier horses and there needs to be a (excuse the pun) one size fits all approach to make it fair and easy to stick to. Everyone agrees that the rider weight issue is important but some get itchy feet when they realise they're close to or over the weight limits being imposed - there's plenty of hypocrisy around it. I think the main issue is that horse riding isn't seen as a sport in the same way others are - so riders/athletes often aren't putting in the homework of training, balanced diet, conditioning to perform when in the saddle. Plenty think as long as they can get up in the saddle, it's okay - as seen with the state of some topics of discussion here!!

Reactions: 10
Blob the cob is pregnant 🤯 I hope for her everything goes well and motherhood is everthing she wants. But also that she uses this as an opportunity to reduce the amount of animals she has and bring some stability to her life.
Agree. I wish her well but I thought she was insane before and this is only adding to that view.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes we’ve all been here! I’ve had a horse trip over on its knees, get back up and then trip down again causing it to fall over completely whilst being on it. Also got bucked off a couple of months back, and I couldn’t get out of the way of the horse when I landed on the ground and she stood on my face, obviously had to go to hospital for stitches inside and outside. So it happens to us all in different ways, I’m sure Meg will make a confidence crisis of this at some point, but sounds like she’s ok.
as for there shit breeding, I agree they breed for colour and not anything else.
It just goes to show the importance of wearing a hat and what a melt Charlotte is for advocating not wearing one as not to ruin her hair. It doesn’t matter how good you are if your horse ends up on the floor so will you.

Reactions: 9

storynerd

Chatty Member
This is ridiculous, I’m 5’8, 11 stone and a size 8/10😟
it's not that ridiculous... being too heavy for a horse doesn't mean overweight, it just means too heavy. A 6ft muscular man could easily be too heavy despite being very fit. I would assume they've set that weight based on the horses/ponies they have available, and probably underestimated as more novice riders will "ride heavy" by being less balanced

Reactions: 9