Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nosymum

VIP Member
I know him well I've worked for him.... but my comment stands, he can't win no matter what he does
I’m actually glad he’s not running the horse, nice to see that rather than him flogging an exhausted horse home as we’ve seen before. If he’s happy to do that in public I dread to think what he’s like behind thr scenes.

Reactions: 6

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
The thing is, I think the elphicks think they are the best riders ever and no one else can ride Bear. There will be a lovely young rider out there that can ride her. Bloody loan her out or something. She isn’t good for breeding, she doesn’t like being ridden by Meg, find her a nice young rider to be with.

storynerd

Chatty Member
I mean absolutely no disrespect to equine physios in what I'm about to say, but I do find it a bit concerning that people seem to be turning to them instead of vets. Meg said she's had the physio out to Bear twice but not the vet, and Lucy said she had the physio out to Ember when he started crabbing sideways the minute she got on. Where is the vet in all this? Is it just that physios are cheaper or what? I'm out of the horse world for a long time so if anyone has better insight on this I'd love to know your thoughts

shboom

Just watched RWCs latest vlog. In addition to others comments re her scores/results, making them seem better than they are.. it’s interesting that she never shares the individual movement marks and judges comments. Does she have something to hide? Also wish I could unsee her shagging her saddle in the free walk 😂😂

• Haha

Clomo

Think Meg was posting about Bolesworth too so I assume she was going... but idk how this poster would get the £10k figure, might have just made it up.

Ollie Townend has withdrawn Ballaghmoor Class from Olympic contention. After not running at Badminton - wonder if something more serious is wrong with him? ☹
He hasn't had the prep runs from his absess and then the poor start to the spring season, and so to rush and get that last Olympic qualification wouldn't be fair on Thomas, who at 17 and already a gold medal winning horse doesn't need the stress. He's being aimed at burghley instead as he has a good record there

Compasses

He could win by finally learning his lesson and stopping in his horse first sport second phase. He is an absolutely fantastic rider but he needs to stop flogging knackered horses around 5* cross country courses and people would have a lot more respect for him.
In all fairness if you look at the sanction list for FEI eventing there’s a lot of names that have been pulled up for tired horses. Oliver just more in limelight.

Alfie1234

VIP Member
The helmet? Took her 4 hrs to glue stupid crystals to it 😂
Doesn’t gluing stuff on affect the density of it or something? Can cause it to shatter on contact? I vaguely remember reading something that you should never alter them yourself.

mik05

Kate is an odd one, she was big/popular online during the youtube pony phase, of course everyone loved Nero. Her and her family seemed to live more of a normal life then. She never got the same success in the ring when she moved onto horses and that seemed to be when things started changing, collecting more horses, animals in general.

She doesn't seem to have done the normal, grow up, get a job, move out thing. Which I guess, does it matter, is that just society norms, but that's a whole other cul de sac. But all lead me to wonder if she struggles with mental health. She does seem very young for her age and have seen videos where she's sleeping in the tackroom as so much to do. I too hope both her and parents realise they should cut down on animals before baby arrives.

Baby is obviously very wanted, I hope it all goes as planned for her.

Horsemum

Around £100 possibly. But ai paid that for my gas shower which is much more powerful.
reduced from £155 to £120, so on sale before anyone gets one.
---
People may criticise the Elphick's breeding, but so far all the foal look great with no poor conformation and all seems friendly and well adjusted if not a bit more untrained than a youngster should be. For non competitive riders and parents who are just looking for a nice pony for their child which they know the history of, I am sure will be appealing. That said, really they need to keep until 4 or 5 and produce under saddle a little for that market in case the do get passed around between 1 and 4yrs old.
This is one of the reasons we have some shocking stock in the UK. They’re backyard breeders prioritising colour over any other trait. The mares are ordinary, and largely unproven and we don’t need more ordinary horses bred in pretty colours

• Heart

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
It almost looks like (and I have NO idea if this is true or not just how it might look to an outsider) that Wilma is a lot less straightforward than she seemed at Ardeo or even if they potentially mis-represented how much she'd done. She went very nicely over th cross country fences in Ireland but that was at a venue she knew & had presumeably been schooled at, with no-one else around.
Maybe she hasn't coped as well with the move & the exposure to all the things that go on at an event.
Meg is a complete backwards rider than most riders that produce young horses. I’d say that with Meg’s backwards way of riding, defensiveness and low confidence, it has affected Wilma. But to stay low level is a good thing, but Meg carries on like it’s all Wilma’s fault being the way she is, but horses get there confidence from there rider, Meg needs to take a look at herself in her riding and stop blaming the horses. At least she had a positive weekend with her.

Clomo

Is he as much of an arse in person and as hard on the horses as comes across? Or… is it a different story behind the scenes?

I’m not a fan personally, but wonder if the reputation is ‘deserved’
He's a very hard working individual who is self made, so I think he comes across as hard when he's not. He offers alot of help to other riders at events and treats his staff very well. I do have to be careful as I know there are people out there who will never like him and that's their opinion.

He has ridden some tired horses, but so have fan favourites like harry meade just to throw a name out there.

Anyway.... Tina still banging on wishing she was posting Badminton content we get it you want a house picture. Move on

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Honestly don't care if she's emotional about it, I think that's normal - what I hate is dragging out her and her horse's pain for engagement by doing several posts and saying 'wait til the last one for diagnosis'. I think it's gross and weird to be SO upset about it but also strategising the insta posts.
Being emotional is fine, but using your tears for instagram engagement is everything that’s wrong with these people who live their life out on SM.
Last time I looked at Miri’s IG (because of something said on here), she had a story up of her just crying to the camera.
I think she needs help to be honest.

hippolife

It really is astonishing to me that she doesn’t get pulled up. I remember there was one competition last year I believe, where she was stopped and told she was too big for the horse. After that, she lost a lot of weight quickly, but has now put that back on plus more. I’m making huge assumptions here but I do think she has an eating/binging disorder and probably lost the weight by severely restricting herself and it wasn’t sustainable. Hence the yo-yoing weight. It’s classic. She needs therapy or help from a nutritionist to make changes to her diet that are sustainable and to address her relationship with food. Shes such a lovely rider, it’s a shame to see her now too big to ride. The horses will be fucked by their teens.
IMG_8474.jpeg

IMG_8473.jpeg

IMG_8472.jpeg

• Sad

LittleRoots

Very long podcast cut short, she’s asexual and she’s trying to get pregnant via donor as she wants to be pregnant young (although experiencing complications) so her parents can be around to be grandparents
And no one around her see’s any issues with this? Doesn’t she struggle to care for all her horses/cats and can’t afford help sometimes? Haven’t watched her in ages but last time she was struggling

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
She’s so silly, one person questioned how it would affect the hats integrity and she basically said she didn’t care as she lived life on the edge🙄. I can’t believe I used to like her and even felt sorry for her..
Hasn’t learnt her lesson from her stupid hatless video then

Reactions: 5

ishgirl

On the topic of how much Khal will be sold for - you're all way below the mark! I work in showjumping, the price of the horses is insane. We had a 1.45 jumper who is less athletic, less careful and much harder to ride than Khal and he sold for 350k! Recently bought a tricky, quirky, known bolter with good breeding, has jumped up to 1.35s (8yo, so behind the mark in terms of age classes etc as he was too tricky to ride) and he was purchased for 195k.

Khal is worth an absolute fortune, not only because he is evidently a 1.45 horse that will keep going up the ranks, but he's relatively low mileage and produced by an amateur, easy to ride. Those are hard to come by!

Did anyone else notice in Evie's vlog that she said that she didn't originally think ulcers because Maggie was scoped in December?? But then said the reason for the ulcers goes back to her colic surgery years ago... I really like evie but this confused me a bit!

coopdeloop

I was competing in the same class as Rhi today. He just completely freaked at a banner round the arena and wouldn't go near it. She rode very quietly and nicely trying to get him back onside but his brain was gone and he was tense and spooky.
She took it on the chin, no whining at her lorry, happy and smiling while admitting she was a little disappointed. Really impressed me tbh.
Poor Rhi! Sounds like she handled it well though. I really like her, she seems genuinely lovely.

ReaRea

Chatty Member
He could win by finally learning his lesson and stopping in his horse first sport second phase. He is an absolutely fantastic rider but he needs to stop flogging knackered horses around 5* cross country courses and people would have a lot more respect for him.
Exactly this! There’s a reason he’s ill thought of by so many. I still can’t get over how H&H glossed over his run on Swallow Springs in 2023. The horse barely made the jump before they ploughed through the top of the table. He wasn’t thinking about the horse then and I honestly don’t trust he ever does. As many have said. If he’s happy behaving like that in public then wtf is happening on his yard?
---
I really want my (new) fiancé to come to a ODE with me as I’ve never been. What’s most local for southern Lancashire?

My boyfriend proposed in Vienna and the next day we toured the Spanish riding school. Thoughts on what they do?

Last edited: