Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Twintwin

Chatty Member
Yikes hope it doesn’t knock Megs confidence again. She said she was lucky not to rolled on when they fell.

Reactions: 1

LincsLady22

I suspect Miri's Blondie has suspensory issues, like what Lilpet Channel's Snip had, so that's why surgery is a possible option 🤷🏼‍♀️ Hopefully DeDe doesn't has kissing spine though!

MayaK.

Isn't it just a paid for holiday thing? I assume anyone can go if they pay to do it (or in her case get paid to advertise it)

Curious to see who will be travelling reserve, it's a very strong four. Hoping they do well
I don’t know! I thought you had to apply for it and you get selected? I never knew this was a thing so genuinely clueless

Elliania

Be very surprised if they have another foal from her!!
I guess a lot depends how Brego turns out. If he's the same as Bear (quite sharp, spooky etc) then most likely not. But it could be that at least some of Bear's issues might be from her past - Meg has said a couple of times they don't really know her history but her passport showed she'd been through the sales a few times & when they got her she was quite sick, underweight and just in a bit of a sorry state. So it's possible she's had some bad experiences that have either maybe caused the issues or made any pre-existing ones worse.

Alfie1234

VIP Member
What do you reckon the Elphicks intend to do with Bear? They just posted an update video but never addressed it. Obviously not selling and looking to bring back into work, but why? Meg is too tall for her and now admits to being nervous to ride her (and looked it), Bear is horribly overweight and overbent. There was a brief mention of competing Elementary, but with who? Meg just looks too tall on her and her knees were practically over her withers. Plus the mare had her nose tucked in nearly the whole time (by her own, it looked, as Meg wasn't riding her tight).
Just looked such a tense picture and can't think what they intend to do with her.
she didn’t look comfortable or forward moving at all. I wonder if a vet is needed more than Freddy’s advice. Her back was up the whole time yet Hobbit was insisting she looked fine and wasn’t tense. I think she looked like she’d have dumped Meg at any opportunity. I wonder if Meg’s weight/height is part of the problem.

takeiteasy

They have been putting out 2 or 3 blogs a week to try keep up with the construction costs. She is looking great in Panda though!
I don't really watch because I'm far too old to watch a child and it would just be weird, but I do find the construction / new property part of it interesting!

EMD Eventing……. Just awful! Poor Addie! Tight martingale, tight noseband, bit pulled through her mouth and bad hands from Emily!
But she’s in a snaffle though so it's all ok 🙄. I’m sure she always been to strong with her hands, probably why Addie always had contact issues.

MayaK.

A couple of dressage influencers I like are:

Zara Murad Dressage (formerly Zara Griffiffs)

Sarah Rogers Dressage

Amelia Newcombe Dressage

And the there's also Erin Williams, but she rarely posts about riding these days and I know she's not everyone's cup of tea!
I love Amelia- two message exchanges with her have given me better advice that my instructor I rode with for like 4 months!

• Heart

demeschor

There's some clips of Ettie on Meg's Instagram stories today, gosh she's beautiful. So glad Meg seems to want to produce her a little before selling her

Or some brand partnership. Guaranteed it will be boring 😂
If it was pregnancy like someone suggested further up I doubt she would be riding Bear.
I suspect Miri's Blondie has suspensory issues, like what Lilpet Channel's Snip had, so that's why surgery is a possible option 🤷🏼‍♀️ Hopefully DeDe doesn't has kissing spine though!
I think she said she was lamer on soft surfaces so is that a sign of suspensory issues?
Kate/Blobthecob seems to assume she’ll be still competing multiple horses at big shows post baby 😅 not sure that’ll happen with 27 horses to look after (and the rest of the animals) plus a baby
Trouble is some people can do it, but what we don’t see is no doubt a village behind the helping and they have one or maybe two horses or grooms rather than over twenty to look after by themselves.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
Ember looks highly out of control on Lucy’s latest. I can’t see him ever calming down in the XC faze of his discipline.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
Aaaaaand back to Miri…. Turns out she has a problem that probably has been there the whole time… but we don’t know what yet as Miri needs time to digest it. Shocker 😱 she told us was what we already knew!
Why didn’t she get a full vet investigation when she first got her? This really baffles me!

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
I couldn't get through Megs last video because I was hyper-fixated on how many times Hobs said Good Girl to Wilma when they were tacking up in the rain 😅 It must have been 40 times in 3 minutes. I had to turn it off
Omg yes! I had to fast forward it……. I’m so glad some else picked up on this too! It was doing my head in 😂
I don’t rate Wilma at all…… she doesn’t have much style over a fence, but wait, she’s just a baby!

• Haha

1055Horse

I've defended Miri a lot previously, and I'll admit I hadn't been keeping up with Blondie, but... Jesus.

I booked a video lesson with her years ago. She ran an hour late for it so I sat out freezing waiting for her as my arena hire ran out, only for her to tell me 2 things. My horse obviously loved me (she did, she was an incredibly sweet mare) and her tail swished a lot when she pivoted on her front end, and I should get that checked. There wasn't a lot of point doing much more until we got to the root of the tail swishing.

Years ago, I was taught by Miri that tail swishing meant pain. She was right, I threw everything I could at the problem and we discovered navicular in both front feet due to her conformation. I was so grateful to her for spotting it as if been taught it was just a marker to her being naughty, and it totally changed the way I saw my horses going forward. Sad for Blondie she didn't gate the same, but grateful it's been spotted now I guess. Can't believe it's taken this long :/
Agreed, and the tail swishing hasn't just been minimal, it's been persistent. Though I'd Imagine she'd argue that she was chasing the PSSM diagnosis as the reason for this.

In one of her stories (I think) yesterday, she'd said she had a few options from the vets, but she didn't like them and was chasing a more holistic route from advice of another vet, what do people think of this?

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
But her income isn’t competing and producing the horses, it’s basically advertising. I think she has more commitments to other things than she makes public. There will be a fair bit of behind the scenes stuff going on aswell.

Your last sentence is strange to me. Not everything with horses is about competing.
I agree with this last bit of comment, but in all fairness Meg hasn’t bought/bred her ponies to be sat in the field or happy hackers, she’s bought them to event competitively.
However in Megs defence as you’ve written above, I also want to add that she hasn’t rushed them, she’s spent a lot of time training BTS etc. A lot of her income is from vlogging her horses! Mega full time job is pretty much Working her horses and advertising.