Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Horsemum

it’s always the same, loads of people have binned it off in favour of going abroad because it’s just so flat/no crowds/no shopping
I just think they’re not sure what they want it to be. A country and lifestyle event or a horse event? I used to go back when they had dressage but they always got the shopping and the buzz around it all wrong then. They look like they tried last year PR wise but this year looks even worse than normal.
If I was spending the money I’d go to Hickstead.

Reactions: 2

1055Horse

To be fair, her results sound much more impressive than they actually are when you look at them more closely. He classes are small, she competes at the very lowest levels in the lowest section imaginable.

So when it says "second" in the results for Bury Farm for example, it means she was 2. out of three in the Bronze section, but 5th out of 8 overall. Not so impressive anymore, it it? Here again, 4th out of 5 in her section, 6th out of 7 overall. Basically second from last.
37th at the Ara Festival Finals

People keep saying she is getting the migh marks, she really isn't. Yes, she scored in the 70s once, in a music class, but that is an outlier.
To add more to this, I've just watched her most recent vlog and I have to say, I wish there were other dressage YouTubers.

I can't say her riding has improved at all, she is now chasing Vossi around the arena, out of rhythm. He is so in and out of the contact, and you can tell his isn't working over his back, as in the stretches, he doesn't take the rein down and the nose out, he curls inwards. She gabbs on saying he's sluggish in the prelim, which is mental.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
So I had a nosey at Miri’s IG posts, and needless to say, as she said she is glad Blondie is unsound as it gives them a lead to follow, WTF! She would have to thrive off this news for sure! And that the day before she was due to go to the vets she was “off” and then bingo is somewhat lame at the vets but no one else has ever found this before including all other vets, farriers and physios! Seriously, Miri thrives off her horses negative veterinary issues, until she gets bored of it and finds another issue to thrive off. Now I know why I don’t follow her!

emulou

Never thoughts I’d say this, but I’m on the vets side on this one, I didn’t think she was being rude and didn’t see any of the disgusting behaviour she was accused of by the Mo woman, she seemed to be the intolerant, argumentative one.
Just came here to say this! Mr mo seems to have really over reacted. Although the vet saying her horses can hardly walk if they lose a shoe- really?

I’m the same! I’m 27 and Harlows videos are more interesting to me compared to Meg’s ect. I can never engage in selfie rambling style vlogs, I only really like watching the riding / interesting parts!! And as someone who loves showing there’s no really anyone else with regular and decent videos on showing.

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
Are you surprised the mare takes the piss when she is over fed and under worked. Taking the piss and being a hormonal little bitch is the only way she can express she has issues and Miri has been ignoring it and trying supplements and groundwork to fix her. She should have had her ovaries scanned a long time ago as the mare clearly has issues when she is in season. No amount of groundwork or supplements will change a horse that has serious issues. I will add that I know she isn’t actually being a little bitch I’m just using it as a figure of speech, she can’t help it if her hormones play havoc with her, if she was a stallion she would have been gelded a long time ago, but people seem to forget mares are entire to and it isn’t quite as easy to chop the thing off that sends their hormones wild. Also does anyone know why Zora is at the vets? As far as I am aware Miri has a 3.5ton box so is way overloaded with two fatties on board.
Possibly as a companion horse? She hasn't made any mention of anything happening with Zora.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
Sounds very much like a fall I had with my horse! Although I didn’t get kicked. One minute I was trotting a circle next minute I wasn’t upright and hit the floor. Pretty sure my surface is the same as hers as well, and it was in the same state as hers is now. She needs to get it watered as it isn’t stable enough, which I believe is the reason my horse fell. I have got my fall on video and you can see the surface just offers no support but not sharing on here.
Yes we’ve all been here! I’ve had a horse trip over on its knees, get back up and then trip down again causing it to fall over completely whilst being on it. Also got bucked off a couple of months back, and I couldn’t get out of the way of the horse when I landed on the ground and she stood on my face, obviously had to go to hospital for stitches inside and outside. So it happens to us all in different ways, I’m sure Meg will make a confidence crisis of this at some point, but sounds like she’s ok.
as for there shit breeding, I agree they breed for colour and not anything else.

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
Poor Lucy is going through a very blue phase with Ember, she seemed very down on insta. She’s done so well with him but maybe it’s time to accept the horse you have and his limitations. Shame to have three horses though and not be able to event any of them.
I saw that, she sounded really very down. Especially as she is currently part of an H&C series following her 'road to Blenheim' with Ember. I can imagine having all that scrutiny on you when your horse is so tense and finding eventing so stressful, must really add to the pressure to perform.
At the end of the day, it's a hobby, and no horse 'has' to compete. I'd take the season off but keep Ember in work and do a season of dressage instead, or some groundwork/TREC.

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Given Bears past, pre Elphicks, I think there have been problems with her in previous homes. Hence her having lots of owners and going through sales more than once.
I think for everyone’s safety and the mares comfort, she should just be retired. Chuck her out with Ari perhaps?

Alfie1234

VIP Member
So has Meg never done a full vet work up on Bear and her”quirky” issues? Did Miri or Hannah ever elucidate on what their vets told them about their horses that there was nothing wrong with and people were just being bullies about?

aldiwaitrose

Chatty Member
The trouble is, the owner is obese too. I just think obesity becomes normal to these people. I see a lot of overweight people with overweight children and dogs.
How that poor animal hasn’t had laminitis I don’t know.
---

What did Olivia say about it?

So true. I’m obese but don’t ride, luckily my girl is beautiful 😂.

Attachments

Money?! What exactly does she have to pay for herself these days?? 🤣🤣🤣
Entries and diesel. Seems like she has sponsors for everything else. Not sure I would want to constantly vlog just to get some freebies though 😂😂. I will say those horses are a credit to their owners though, yes Em may not have to best had but she has improved the mare and worked in the gifted lessons.

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
Jesus, can’t we just congratulate someone?
Didn’t say anything about not congratulating her, but there will have been plenty of combinations there today who have had to spend far more on their horses to get to where they are. Congrats indeed to Emily, but I don’t agree she “deserves it after all the money she has put in”

Clariecakes

VIP Member
In fairness you can't expect Sophie to cancel her long planned and booked event just because it was the funeral of someone she probably didn't even know personally, I don't think any of them knew her other than having seen her around. Everyone was affected when it happened, I am still haunted by seeing it on TV because it was clear that it would be pretty bad.

But I don't think it is unreasonable for them to carry on with plans. Everybody stopping life won't bring Georgie back.
I didn’t and that’s not what I wrote!
But none of the even acknowledged it, despite being so terribly upset and affected by it at the time.

My post/comment was more aimed at the fact that it was business as usual, not even a purple and white heart and a dove which people all posted in light of the news.
It has been said from the very day it happened, laugh, smile and have fun, don’t be sad and feel awkward, but some sort of acknowledgment wouldn’t have gone amiss.
Who’s Sophie Hall?
Exactly, who is she?

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
A lot of soft tissue injuries are lamer on soft and sounder on hard ground. We’ve dealt with a good few suspensory injuries here over the years.

spottypony

I just don’t understand having all three and barely doing anything with them. I’d have expected her out competing 2 or 3 times a week, doesn’t have to be eventing, plenty of dressage and showjumping that Wilma and Winnie could be doing.
---

I thought she’d have been doing what Ashley did with her youngster and going out to dressage and showjumping, there’s taking it slow and then there’s this.

To be honest, I don’t know anybody that goes out competing two or three times per week except for the professionals…

bea93

Karla really showed her true colours in the tattle podcast. Her and her mate are allowed to slag people off and comment on their riding positions but nobody on here is!? You can’t say stuff like Ben Maher rides like he’s got a brush or whatever it is up his back or you’d buy Ellen Whittaker mirrors as you think she is vein then cry and moan on a podcast someone has made a comment about you.
Is the Gareth Huges one the beyond the stable? I used to listen to the horse and hound podcast but haven’t for a while as Spotify don’t automatically play it anymore and theres only so many hours in the day. Equiratings also have a podcast I think I may have listened to all mine seem to be true crime atm 😂

I don’t see a problem with a holistic route, but it has to be the correct route and help the mare.
when the vet route is a neurectomy I have to disagree with it. It’s only temporary and all is does is get rid of pain signals, the damage is still there and done. If a suspensory can’t be rehabbed that’s a candidate for euthanasia, not a patch job.