Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
Do you think we’ll ever find out how Meg got on with Wilma at the most recent event? I know she didn’t do an event report at the time because of the tragic accident at Bicton, but now I’m wondering if things didn’t go so well with Wilma so she’s just not going to update us?
Where did she go? Results online?
---
Just watched the reel of Dee's foal. Clearly buckskin, and he seems to have the "goggles" around the eyes that indicate that he'll go grey.
View attachment 2975248
They’ve been blessed with a beautiful healthy foal and all they are worried about is what colour he is/or will go….. classic Elphick breeding barn.

Reactions: 5

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
I really feel for Evie having to deal with the dog though it seems she did a great job and all credit to her. She seems genuinely elated to have completed.
I have to admit I get really annoyed with all the “if only I hadn’t rolled a pole/gone so fast/slow I’d have won/placed” comments- surely that is the whole point of competition. Every single competitor could say the same “if only I didn’t have a 42 dressage and 4 poles”!!!
I think every single horse/rider who competed yesterday should be really proud of themselves for just getting there.
Exactly! Thank you!!

Tina was 40 seconds up and then too slow - she had timing issues. End of. I remember Stanhopes Travelling Man being in the lead after dressage and showjumping one year and then the rider whizzed around far too fast, dropping way down. She came back the next year, made sure she managed her time and won. I’m just surprised Tina is not more elated, especially with recent sj faults - She should be ecstatic about the double clear and then double ecstatic about being top 10. But she obviously went out on the XC to get in front of the house and is pissed she didn’t.

Alecia89

I actually followed Tina after Badminton thinking she had changed and maybe things would be different.

I have now unfollowed her from all the over emotional posts she is doing. I think that's more of a me thing though as I can't stand it when folk are over emotional as it just seems so fake to me.

But even with Winnie coming into work, she was all over Ari until he couldn’t be ridden anymore and then suddenly she was piling praise on Winnie. I get she can’t do an awful lot with the ponies who aren’t in ridden work so they aren’t seen as much but it just comes across that she has her favourites and the others are just back ups. Like Ettie, she was all great and then when she grew up a bit she was off out in the field and forgotten about and now she has had Freddie come and help with handling because she left her to go feral.
I doubt pony patting the youngsters and oldies gets anywhere near as many views as foals and ridden content.

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
I really enjoyed Tina’s second vlog. I’m so glad that Alex warmed her up- all sensible and relaxed advice.
Banksy is a horse of a lifetime.
I really enjoyed it too. Felt quite emotional for her. Banksy really is lovely, and she did so well getting that clear in SJ. The warm-up looked horrendous!!!
So glad Alex got such a fab result at Badminton 5* too. He seems a really nice guy.
---
OMG!!! Lucy is currently in 1st place at her BE80 event with a dressage score of 23 o_O
That will give her such a confidence boost!!!!

Last edited:

daledancer

vam14

I guess that LeMieux can afford all the freebies for the influencers by the mark up they charge the rest of us, same as all the other companies - F&F, saddle companies, other clothing companies, feed and bedding people. I started boycotting them but you very quickly run out of options lol. Like others have said I understand they need to advertise but I really hate the way they literally unpack a box and that’s the last you hear about the products.
I would much prefer to see these companies sending 1 or 2 products to “normal “ customers to do a genuine, helpful review. You very rarely get a review from the big influencers
I don’t think Tina is sponsored by WW anymore so maybe LeMieux have taken over.

Horsemum

I have actually looked around those lorries at previous events and despite looking virtually homeless I’ve always been treated with kindness and respect by their sales people. They’ve proudly encouraged us to go in and look around. I do find it hard to believe her account of events. We can’t just let anyone in as a throwaway comment doesn’t make sense. I call BS for clout.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
Omgoodness Meg still calling Winnie a baby 🤦🏼‍♀️ She’s definitely taking the younger ones out for winning, she’s not in it for confidence training that’s for sure. Love how Meg blames Winnie for how she rode in the dressage, like it’s clearly nothing to do with the rider.

I don’t know… but I think cams mum is quite the horse woman? and I get the impression she’s quite ‘formidable’. I think he probably communicates in a way he has been raised? And has no idea. I like him, I think he has a heart of gold, and has the best intentions. And he’s a great rider…. Gosh, hadn’t meant to come across as such a cam-fan!
Tbf I think you can be an amazing rider but shit at teaching.

Now that dressage has finished, what are people's predictions/hopes for Badminton?

Personally I'd love to see Bubby win given all she's been through, but equally a second win for Ros would be amazing. I'm also hoping Emily King can complete this year, she's had such bad luck in the past
I too would love Bubby to do well. I remember seeing the TikTok of her sitting on her horse for the first time following her injury. Truly inspiring and clearly she has put a lot of time into her recovery to be back this year.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
In megs recent stories she said she’s got something big happening in her personal life which isn’t going to make it to Instagram yet. Do we think she’s bought a property with some land perhaps?
Why do they have to put this on SM? And then not mention anything for weeks? Why?

Alfie1234

VIP Member
Bloody hell Lucy! Fabulous result and so well deserved, she’s been patient and put the time in to understand and work with him. Remember when she could barely get him in the showjumping ring and he just would plant or go backwards? So, so pleased for her.

notonmynellie

Is it just me, or is our least favourite vet still being totally insensitive and inappropriate in her latest post? Surly nobody in their right mind should be talking about falls in XC at the moment?

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
I really enjoyed Tina’s second vlog. I’m so glad that Alex warmed her up- all sensible and relaxed advice.
Banksy is a horse of a lifetime.

Reactions: 4

Elliania

Looks like both the reviews have finished with no change for Meg's position so she's ending in 6th. So pleased for her!

And Tina has moved into 17th!

Reactions: 4