Equestrian influencers #19 bit doesn’t fit, but we’ll still try and flog the same old sh..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else find the Mochara pop up on Oxford Street a bit odd? I can’t see people travelling into central London for a meet and greet with Meg?

Every influencer stories now are gifted items or Ads.. ….. “ I’ve been gifted this item and it’s fantastic, you should go and BUY one and use my discount code for 5% off!!!” Piss offf! The more I see gifted items, I will never buy.
It's annoying, especially from Tina, it's endless. I would love to see some prep in the run-up to Bicton rather than endless shots of waterproof trainers.

Reactions: 2
Awful vlog, he never tracks up on the flat and is so disconnected from behind which is probably why he’s having such small jumps down. Her editing isn’t good and it’s so obvious where she’s making cuts to try and hide him putting his head down and charging off after a jump. He just looks uncomfortable in himself and to ride. For a vet to be riding this way and with a horse going like this is shameful.
---

I had unfollowed because she was too doom and gloom for me and having dealt with a lot of loss in the last few years really couldn’t cope with her. Might start following again if she’s moving on.
I’ve always said that Holly looks a complete rigid rider, she’s so stiff in the saddle, which I think makes the whole picture look worse. Rocky’s confirmation sadly lets him down in the SJ, he must find it hard, and shows when he takes off after a jump and she has trouble pulling him up, hence the gag bit. I understand she needs to sell him, but please those vlogs are getting worse……

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else find the Mochara pop up on Oxford Street a bit odd? I can’t see people travelling into central London for a meet and greet with Meg?
Not something I’d be interested in. Agree a weird thing to do

Reactions: 1
Rhi's latest video. Is it just me or does that saddle not fit?! It looks tight at the bottom of the panels and moves up and down in trot. Also the seat looks too small for Rhi, and she's not a big lass!
That was my first thought when the fitter but that saddle. Its too narrow. Look at the amount of space between the horses withers and the saddle when the saddler puts it on.

I’m on a lot of ID pages, never heard this brand recommended for IDs. The main brands are ideal and albion.

Hollys vlogs are all about getting ribbons to sell Rocky, her SJ rounds are awful to watch, I don’t know how she can watch them back and think they look good. Rocky looks very strong, shaking his head and Holly looks terrible on him. Not nice videoing for selling a horse.
Agreed. Rocky never looks 100 per cent right but looked really off in that vlog. Secondly, the yanking after every fence is a disgrace for any rider, nevermind someone of her experience. If he had an ounce of badness in him, he'd be protesting which she'd deserve. But what I can't fathom is how she cant tell how much her presence is unwanted at those shows. After the prize giving and when she rode by, some of the parents/adults were scowling, not realising they were on camera. Fair enough for quietly getting a bit of mileage at a small show - but she should have stood down from the prize giving, and let the children get the sashes/ribbons. Plus: if she really needs rockys sale money that badly...perhaps doing a few weeks locum work when she returns to Ireland (rather than taking a several month long holiday) might be better...

It's a shame Holly seems so fixed on selling Rocky as a showjumper. He seems like he would make a great happy hacker that did the odd jump, but I guess that's not raising enough of an asking price. I admire the work she's done with Khal but with Rocky and to some extent Dali I don't think the horse fits what she wants to do so she's forcing it rather than finding them a better career fit

Reactions: 3
That was my first thought when the fitter but that saddle. Its too narrow. Look at the amount of space between the horses withers and the saddle when the saddler puts it on.
The minute I saw her saw she had been fitted with something that wasn’t extra wide I gave up. I’ve learnt so much from a friend who lives and breathes tack fitting and the bottom line is most horses are in saddles that aren’t wide enough.

The minute I saw her saw she had been fitted with something that wasn’t extra wide I gave up. I’ve learnt so much from a friend who lives and breathes tack fitting and the bottom line is most horses are in saddles that aren’t wide enough.
Not all IDs are wide. Especially a 5 year old. Mine has a medium saddle and it’s fits perfectly.

Reactions: 5
This may be really petty but as someone who has a really nervous and reactive dog, I hate how little attention Emily seems to pay Nala running off lead in public. Her insta story of her running along a track while nala ran along the beach without her just brought it to mind but there has definitely been other instances it’s made me cringe

Rhi's latest video. Is it just me or does that saddle not fit?! It looks tight at the bottom of the panels and moves up and down in trot. Also the seat looks too small for Rhi, and she's not a big lass!
She’s talk isn’t she! Or maybe I’m just a short arse but her legs looked fine in an 18” saddle, if I used her 18” dressage saddle I don’t think my legs would reach the end of the flap 😂😂😂

This ⬆ it's ridiculous like Tina and the triple words. And exactly why I rely on everyone here to update me on the vlogs etc
absolutely - the infantile voices and squeals are so off putting - I think the worst one is RWC though, she is so high pitched she makes my dogs howl 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So who’s going to buy the “Meg Elphick wrist band from Mochara?” 😂 What a load of ridiculous nonsense!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
This may be really petty but as someone who has a really nervous and reactive dog, I hate how little attention Emily seems to pay Nala running off lead in public. Her insta story of her running along a track while nala ran along the beach without her just brought it to mind but there has definitely been other instances it’s made me cringe
I don’t think Nala was on the beach without her. I think that’s a different dog, but nala pauses at a break in the wall making it look like she was running up from the beach??

I think Holly has trouble bringing Rocky back after a fence?!!!…..
Oh wow. I might actually go watch.
---
Oh wow. I might actually go watch.
I've watched the rounds and skipped the waffle ... For someone who is very very capable, she doesn't seem to have taught him gears within the canter on the flat and hes just dragging himself along on the forehand and jumping off the forehand too, and then she says oh he jumps better when they're bigger .. that's surely because he's making himself sit back to look at them and then using the backend to jump. The jump off was sheer vanity on her behalf letting him run like that was such a daft idea and judging by 8faults being third a very steady controlled clear round probably would have won, no need to leather round flat out

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.