Equestrian Influencers #16 Meg’s breeding, Tina’s speeding, Ray’s over-feeding, Mumchausen’s misleading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But what she's got in the field doesn't even begin to fit the brief. At least Winnie doesn't. Never seen the gelding so no idea. But if that's similar, it's not what she says she's after either. Winnie doesn't exactly scream "Sporthorse", does she? Or even whisper it...
I mean she’s out of jam and by a showjumping stallion so yes she does actually seem like a nice 100/novice type. She has a fairly nice jump/back end and despite some questionable confirmation I’d be pretty surprised if she didn’t get to BE100

Reactions: 4
I mean she’s out of jam and by a showjumping stallion so yes she does actually seem like a nice 100/novice type. She has a fairly nice jump/back end and despite some questionable confirmation I’d be pretty surprised if she didn’t get to BE100
Sorry, it looks like just another backyard breeding bog-pony to me. "Questionable Conformation" is a real issue. This horse should never have been bred. Indiscriminate breeding is a massive welfare issue.

so yes she does actually seem like a nice 100/novice type.
Delusional, much?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Sorry, it looks like just another backyard breeding bog-pony to me. "Questionable Conformation" is a real issue. This horse should never have been bred. Indiscriminate breeding is a massive welfare issue.

Delusional, much?
I don’t really think it’s delusional to think that a horse out of a mare that competes at BE100 and by a stallion that jumped up to 1.30 would be able to compete at 1.10+.
I think if she lost some weight that in a couple years under the right hands she could be a nice 100/novice horse.
Also breeding is a lottery and sometimes even very well thought out pairings can throw foals with undesirable traits. Personally I don’t look at whinnie and think “wow this horse should never have been bred” but that’s just my opinion as a stranger on a gossip forum 😂

Reactions: 10
I do agree Jam should never have been bred. She's a talented little horse sure, but her conformation is completely diabolical. It amazes me sometimes that stallion owners aren't more picky about who they allow their stallions to be bred to, after all, the progeny is a reflection on them!

I agree about Tina giving the backhanded compliments. I’m sure Han gets paid, I think she’s a great addition to every blog she’s in. One thing no one’s mentioned is her brother was getting married in 3 days and Hobbit wasn’t there. I think Meg was just a bit mentally overextended, as one tends to be at different points in their career/small business ownership/entrepreneurship etc.
in the latest vlog Han was joking about not getting paid to be there when they were talking about who won the dressage score predictions so I’m not sure she does!
She is great though, I’d love a friend like Han, she is just so supportive and a proper grafter (with others as well, not just Meg)

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know what happened with Lauren Allport/Holly? I know Lauren bought a new property, but she had recently returned to vlogging on YouTube and her and Holly were posting loads. Then Holly seemed to return to Ireland really suddenly, no leaving vlog, just upped and went and Lauren hasn't vlogged since then :unsure:

Just watched Tina’s vlog of her riding the stallion. I’m terrible at picking up lameness. But something about him just seems off? If not lameness he just seems very stiff behind?

Just watched Tina’s vlog of her riding the stallion. I’m terrible at picking up lameness. But something about him just seems off? If not lameness he just seems very stiff behind?
Someone said in the comments he looks weak behind so I just went off of that too but yeah he does look a bit stiff

Does Meg have a proper groom on their yard? If she doesn’t maybe she should hire someone who is a capable rider to help her with the riding and training of some of the ponies/horses. Takes the pressure off her and her other social media commitments. Probably most larger influencers have outside help. Harlows family literally have their horses looked after and trained by Bea. I suspect Esme has help as she is away a lot with work but also doesn’t need to have them at the same fitness as Meg.
I’ve often wondered about the help side of it, I know Hobbit is there but it’s still a lot of horses to care for. She’s either got help and is keeping quiet about it or she could do with getting some to help keep the horses working and fit. I guess it starts to take away from the family run little yard narrative though. I do hope she pays Han in some way though, she works hard for Meg and I do get fed up of seeing Meg just jumping on and off horses while her mum and Han do the graft.

Delusional, much?
Must admit I’ve never seen what a lot of people on here see in Winnie, I just see a rather weak looking average pony. Maybe she’ll look better when she’s muscled up? I also don’t understand breeding Millie either 🤷‍♀️ and agree totally about Jams conformation not being the best to breed from.

Reactions: 8
in the latest vlog Han was joking about not getting paid to be there when they were talking about who won the dressage score predictions so I’m not sure she does!
She is great though, I’d love a friend like Han, she is just so supportive and a proper grafter (with others as well, not just Meg)
We don’t know whether Meg pays her or not. But Han has gotten her own sponsorship deals off the back of being associated with Meg. That’s why I won’t feed into the ‘poor Han’ thing. She is making money from her own sponsors.
---
duck.

This is horrendous

I don't want to upset anyone, but I can't work out what is worse in this image - a clearly obese horse, or the far too heavy to be sitting on a horse rider
Actually one of the better shots of Pepper. Her obesity isn’t super obvious here. But both she and her rider are overweight. I genuinely think RTG isn’t managing Pep’s weight so she can justify riding her.

That horse is a welfare case waiting to happen

duck.

This is horrendous

I don't want to upset anyone, but I can't work out what is worse in this image - a clearly obese horse, or the far too heavy to be sitting on a horse rider
When you physically can’t see a saddle under a rider you know there’s an issue, and I’m no skinny minny

Reactions: 3
I wonder why she doesn't acknowledge or act on it. Does she think that's what it's meant to be like because she is showing therefore its "condition" (UK have fat pony problem especially in showing 🙄.)

I think someone here said a while ago that adding weight so RTG fits the 20% rule may of sprung to RTG's mind. Which would be very cruel
---
---

Actually one of the better shots of Pepper. Her obesity isn’t super obvious here. But both she and her rider are overweight. I genuinely think RTG isn’t managing Pep’s weight so she can justify riding her.

That horse is a welfare case waiting to happen
[/QUOTE]

Someone's already been out to see Pepper, I forgot the welfare charities name but I wonder if its possible now if anyone knows the yard or is local.

Personally I don’t look at whinnie and think “wow this horse should never have been bred”
I don't want to start a whole lecture on breeding for performance but breeding is (or should be) thinking in (multiple) generations. You don't just take a mare who's done something and have it covered by a stallion who's done something and get foal that'll do something. It simply doesn't work that way.
Breeding is a lottery at the very best of times, when you put two similar types with a long pedigree of performance together, based on in depth knowledge what bloodlines combine best with what others.

When you mix totally different types with one of them actually having serious conformation flaws (Jam) or has broken down (the other grey), it's nothing more than backyard multiplying of equines with no plan and for no good reason with questionable outcomes.

It's not "breeding".
It's a crap shot and frankly not worth the expense or the risk to the mares' lives.
---
Meg is looking for a freelance editor and to sign an nda, not sure how common that is.
Very common. I am a freelancer (in a different field) and sign NDAs all the time.

Reactions: 10
Not Meg practically begging for the 💍 😬. Pete seemed kind of avoidant about it. Don't really blame him I wouldn't want it discussed in the comments of a YouTube video.
I can already see the over-produced slow mo reel capturing the moment

Oooooooo. Gosh I wonder how much money she is making!!!!
What a sensible decision! She’s the face of the channel, she doesn’t need to do this part of it, frees her up to do more with the horses and it’s a job I presume you pay for work done, not on a permanent basis? I wonder why Pete isn’t doing it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.