Equestrian Influencers #16 Meg’s breeding, Tina’s speeding, Ray’s over-feeding, Mumchausen’s misleading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does anyone who says something that isn't entirely positive about Meg have to pull the "I'm not a meg hater card" and then explain what tattle is about because people jump all over it 😭 why can't we all just state our own opinions without other posters getting offended 😭 unless it's downright horrible, which it never is about Meg either. It's just so boring guys, please stop being so sensitive 😳

Reactions: 17
lus I think it’s odd she’s looking for a young hose when she has 2 in the field
But what she's got in the field doesn't even begin to fit the brief. At least Winnie doesn't. Never seen the gelding so no idea. But if that's similar, it's not what she says she's after either. Winnie doesn't exactly scream "Sporthorse", does she? Or even whisper it...

Reactions: 2
But what she's got in the field doesn't even begin to fit the brief. At least Winnie doesn't. Never seen the gelding so no idea. But if that's similar, it's not what she says she's after either. Winnie doesn't exactly scream "Sporthorse", does she? Or even whisper it...
I think what’s getting confusing is the fact they keep breeding them….. She put Bear to a WB and she doesn’t want a WB, and it’s not making any sense. She was super excited for Winnie and Ari prior to them being broken in when she was free jumping them, she was excited how much they showed potential, since being broken in, they’ve had there quirks and she’s since decided she doesn’t want WBs, and you can see she’s not super confident on Winnie. I guess the moral is, stop breeding them…. What’s she gonna do with Ettie and Bryni’s foal?? They don’t fit her criteria do they?

Do we know why RWC has moved Vossi back home?

Not she doesn’t but I was more on about time management. If she doesn’t have time to prep one for an event and get lessons she needs she has no time for a youngster. And if she sold the other two or even Just Ari the budget would be bigger and she’s find it much easier to source one. I think Whinnie will like Jam a decent amateurs/pony club horse but nothing more. If she wants to go further than she has done she definetly needs a more capable horse, but she won’t get there if she doesn’t commit to training. She could so easily make training vlogs and if they are decent lots will watch as sheis like most of us competing for fun and not at a huge level either.

Reactions: 3
Does Meg have a proper groom on their yard? If she doesn’t maybe she should hire someone who is a capable rider to help her with the riding and training of some of the ponies/horses. Takes the pressure off her and her other social media commitments. Probably most larger influencers have outside help. Harlows family literally have their horses looked after and trained by Bea. I suspect Esme has help as she is away a lot with work but also doesn’t need to have them at the same fitness as Meg.

Reactions: 4
Does Meg have a proper groom on their yard? If she doesn’t maybe she should hire someone who is a capable rider to help her with the riding and training of some of the ponies/horses. Takes the pressure off her and her other social media commitments. Probably most larger influencers have outside help. Harlows family literally have their horses looked after and trained by Bea. I suspect Esme has help as she is away a lot with work but also doesn’t need to have them at the same fitness as Meg.
Her family help her out I think. Not sure if she gets her instructor to ride Joey while she’s away though. I think Meg has someone to help with the mucking out and full care when they are at a stay away.

Not she doesn’t but I was more on about time management. If she doesn’t have time to prep one for an event and get lessons she needs she has no time for a youngster.
I am not sure that not having had much time for traiming in the two weeks leading up to the event is really "not having enough time for training" in general.
I'm self employed so I get how things can go crazy for a week or two and then life returns to normal.

And if she sold the other two or even Just Ari the budget would be bigger and she’s find it much easier to source one.
Totally agree but I think the whole breeding lark is her mum rather than her tbh.

Reactions: 1
Not Meg practically begging for the 💍 😬. Pete seemed kind of avoidant about it. Don't really blame him I wouldn't want it discussed in the comments of a YouTube video.

Reactions: 5
I am not sure that not having had much time for traiming in the two weeks leading up to the event is really "not having enough time for training" in general.
I'm self employed so I get how things can go crazy for a week or two and then life returns to normal.

Totally agree but I think the whole breeding lark is her mum rather than her tbh.
Maybe she just doesn’t show the training but she needs more if she wants to be competitive at BE100. The win was just a testament to how honest Jam is. She’s not going to carry on being honest if Meg doesn’t start giving with her hands. She needs to let the mare go not hold her back and kill the canter.

Someone tell me if I'm going blind and/or mad - in the thumbnail of Meg's latest it looks like Jam is in the gag bit but in the vid she's in the pelham? Where's the thumbnail pic from then?

(also eyeroll at the "jam doesn't like the new bit because I can stop her" no, I expect she doesn't like the new bit because you're hurting her with it!)

Reactions: 10
I really like Winnie 😂😂 at least what we have seen of her. She’s small but she looks more sporty / blood than Jam. Bit more flashy and can jump. I’m not sure why Meg is not more interested in her.
Ari does nothing for me and I would guess he has some issues related to his back

I really like Winnie 😂😂 at least what we have seen of her. She’s small but she looks more sporty / blood than Jam. Bit more flashy and can jump. I’m not sure why Meg is not more interested in her.
Ari does nothing for me and I would guess he has some issues related to his back
He might also be quirky, Meg used to say that Lara, although super talented, was a bit cold backed & could be a bit of a handful. Didn't she mention that Miri Hackett came over to work with Ari & thought he was a bit sensitive? Maybe she gave Meg some advice off camera to turn him away more?

He might also be quirky, Meg used to say that Lara, although super talented, was a bit cold backed & could be a bit of a handful. Didn't she mention that Miri Hackett came over to work with Ari & thought he was a bit sensitive? Maybe she gave Meg some advice off camera to turn him away more?

Miri wouldn't offer that advice! 🙈 She would of course tell her to get a full veterinary and spiritual assessment done 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Someone tell me if I'm going blind and/or mad - in the thumbnail of Meg's latest it looks like Jam is in the gag bit but in the vid she's in the pelham? Where's the thumbnail pic from then?

(also eyeroll at the "jam doesn't like the new bit because I can stop her" no, I expect she doesn't like the new bit because you're hurting her with it!)
It is a photo from Badminton. I'm glad she decided not to run Jam in the new bit.

Ashley Harrisons latest vlog for fei was educational re week leading up to a 3 star and commitment needed. Now obviously there's a big difference between a 3 star and be100 but from my own experience of doing alot less height wise: eventing prep requires time, effort and hard work. I wonder how much influence megs business manager now had over her comp schedule? In fairness: meg should be spending the summer on her weakest phase(sj), rebuilding her confidence and coming back better for next yr at be100. I have huge sympathy for her - no one should be that upset doing what should be a privilege.

Reactions: 4
Ashley Harrisons latest vlog for fei was educational re week leading up to a 3 star and commitment needed. Now obviously there's a big difference between a 3 star and be100 but from my own experience of doing alot less height wise: eventing prep requires time, effort and hard work. I wonder how much influence megs business manager now had over her comp schedule? In fairness: meg should be spending the summer on her weakest phase(sj), rebuilding her confidence and coming back better for next yr at be100. I have huge sympathy for her - no one should be that upset doing what should be a privilege.
You make a very good point - no one should be that upset. Perhaps a step back is in order. It's supposed to be fun.

[QUOTE="unicorn fairy, post: 16042204, member:
Do we know why RWC has moved Vossi back home?
[/QUOTE]

She went holiday for a few days. Now she's back Vossi is at the new yard she moved at

Addie and Em looked really good in the new competition vlog. Really glad to see that the training Em has done during the summer seems to have helped both her and the mare and really hope that they continue to develop in the right direction.

Addie still has her moments of bad behaviour but Em seems to be able to handle it a lot better now. In my opinion she became to frustrated and hard on Addie (kicking and growling) when just being firm and staying calm seems to be better for Addie. I think the lesson with Piggy made a world of difference!

Edit: what I also love about Em is that even though she has people with her she does most things herself i.e. tacking up, walking Addie off, putting studs in etc. Meg and Tina have a tendency to stand by and just watch others work, although Meg used to do a lot more a few years ago.

Reactions: 12
Addie went clear in the show jumping but she is still showing a considerable amount of head throwing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.