Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree. If that was my teen having a lesson 6 weeks before badminton I wouldn't go back. They have 6 weeks. It's not worth changing their riding and bellowing at them now. Maybe after Badders they could change their riding.
I disagree. Tina went super! She needed Lucinda in her ear the whole time otherwise she’s so distracted, and it made her concentrate and actually ride and focus, why would Tina feel deflated if her horse went brilliantly? Meg had training with Lucinda last year a few times, so Meg knows how she teaches, if she didn’t like her teaching she wouldn’t have gone back, Meg was deflated because she couldn’t ride Dee well enough to Lucinda’s training, but that was because Meg was letting it all get to her, and got herself into a flap, and that was only riding to a simple fence.

Reactions: 5
I think some of you here have never truly experienced a confidence crisis.
I’m sorry but I’m struggling to wonder how it can be a confidence crisis when she got on a stallion she’s never ridden before 5 minutes prior to a meltdown.

Reactions: 4
I’m sorry but I’m struggling to wonder how it can be a confidence crisis when she got on a stallion she’s never ridden before 5 minutes prior to a meltdown.
I’ve done it myself. I could sit on anything apart from my own. It’s like I sat behind his ears and just froze.

Reactions: 14
I’ve done it myself. I could sit on anything apart from my own. It’s like I sat behind his ears and just froze.
I know thw freeze wel! I had an amazing 3 day jumping clinic, went to hack the next day at home and had my first ever panic attack and couldn't ride that horse because of panic attacks for about 3 months. Nothing had even happened that I knew of, it literally felt like something in my brain had broken.

Confidence isn't a logical thing, it doesn't work in set ways. I have always found I can't rationalise my way out of confidence loss, you just have to chip at it until you come back from it.

You know that whatever jump you through I'm front of an advanced horse someone else is letting you ride, you'll probably make it over. With her own horses she has to rely on her training, which she's lost confidence in

Reactions: 10
I’m so over Megan’s meltdown now, I’m sorry but I am!
I liked the way LF taught them, they needed pushed. Tina thrived in that environment and I really loved watching her vlog!

Reactions: 2
I disagree. Tina went super! She needed Lucinda in her ear the whole time otherwise she’s so distracted, and it made her concentrate and actually ride and focus, why would Tina feel deflated if her horse went brilliantly? Meg had training with Lucinda last year a few times, so Meg knows how she teaches, if she didn’t like her teaching she wouldn’t have gone back, Meg was deflated because she couldn’t ride Dee well enough to Lucinda’s training, but that was because Meg was letting it all get to her, and got herself into a flap, and that was only riding to a simple fence.
I don't think I've watched the same vlogs... Both girls were in tears over their riding and their horses at various stages and neither of them are buzzing and excited after their boot camp... They're both subdued and feeling like they've got so so so much to do when in reality they're both great amateurs and have fab little horses.

I don't think I've watched the same vlogs... Both girls were in tears over their riding and their horses at various stages and neither of them are buzzing and excited after their boot camp... They're both subdued and feeling like they've got so so so much to do when in reality they're both great amateurs and have fab little horses.
So much this! What a shame to see them both overthinking this.

Tina only cried because Banksy acted like a muppet in his new saddle one of the days, nothing to do with the lesson itself.

I’m not saying Meg hasn’t had a confidence wobble but I don’t think that’s what caused the tears in her last video. I hope she can let it go soon as the accident was a simple miscommunication and could happen on any horse. Jam didn’t do anything to her, the mare has made her dreams come true.

Mental blocks are solved by two things usually…sell the horse and move on or get lots and lots of lessons. Meg hasn’t gotten any lessons on Dee or Jam over winter from what I gather. Glad she’s got a mental performance coach but unfortunately that only works combined with time in the saddle! Hopefully seeing how talented Dee looked with Ellie has given her a boost for the time being.

• Heart
Megs now advertising wine! Why not buy a bottle to enjoy whilst reading her kids book…

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Omg Meg, children’s books, meal replacements, pony mag and bloody wine! She does have to decide her target market! I wouldn’t be thrilled if any of my kid’s YouTubers started doing boozy editorials!

Omg Meg, children’s books, meal replacements, pony mag and bloody wine! She does have to decide her target market! I wouldn’t be thrilled if any of my kid’s YouTubers started doing boozy editorials!
Omg - the discount code is wine/ponies. Ponies!!!!!! Did no one realize how problematic the advertising of alcohol is for a presumably younger skewing audience, irrespective of any disclaimers. Meg is dangerously tone deaf....

Omg - the discount code is wine/ponies. Ponies!!!!!! Did no one realize how problematic the advertising of alcohol is for a presumably younger skewing audience, irrespective of any disclaimers. Meg is dangerously tone deaf....
If it’s free, she will advertise it! She don’t give 2 shits about her audience, she never has! She’s all about herself. Me, Myself and I

Yes the wine thing was a little unexpected and I’m not sure that was the smartest move! This is the difference between people like Meg and Esme. Esme is so in tune with her brand, she knows her target market and she won’t sell out to any old product. Even Esme’s recent fashion vlog, she managed to keep it completely relatable to her audience, despite it being very different from her usual content.
That aside, I’m glad Meg felt able to go arena eventing and had a nice confidence boost. Dee is such a super little horse.

Reactions: 8
I do not understand her logic within her business at all, what is she trying to accomplish with all these random sponsorships? I just don’t understand.
I love wine. I get the virgin wine boxes regularly. But I don’t want to see alcohol being advertised on horsey channels.

Reactions: 4
As soon as I saw the Wine ad, I knew it would be mentioned on here 😂 I am one who likes Meg, and admire her, but even I am not keen on the wine adverts! Totally understand a mix of ads aimed at kids and adults, but the non horsey ads are getting a bit much. I guess they pay better than the equine world, surprise surprise 😂

I support Meg. I like following her. The wine is tone deaf
Totally agree. Also, especially as it was in a vlog talking about dealing with a crisis.
On another note - in that latest vlog she admits to not having jumped DD since October last year. How you can expect a horse to just come out during an intensive clinic at Lucinda's and be on form is beyond me. Not fair on the horse and also with just 6 weeks to go, poor planning as well. I like Meg, have watched her vlogs for a couple of years but have noticed a real change in them in the last year/6 months. Much more promotion and attending events rather than trainng vlogs ad fun with your ponies.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.