Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really couldn’t cope with Lucinda Fredericks constant barrage of instructions. She doesn’t give the rider a chance to respond at all. At one point she shouted WALK at a cantering Tina and then half a second later she’s screaming WALK, WALK! when Tina was trying to pull the horse up. Just repeating an instruction over and over, louder and louder without giving the rider a chance.
Haha I thought how much I would love her as an instructor

Reactions: 3
I really couldn’t cope with Lucinda Fredericks constant barrage of instructions. She doesn’t give the rider a chance to respond at all. At one point she shouted WALK at a cantering Tina and then half a second later she’s screaming WALK, WALK! when Tina was trying to pull the horse up. Just repeating an instruction over and over, louder and louder without giving the rider a chance.
Annoying at times for sure, but I think she’s absolutely perfect for Tina, who lacks listening skills and the ability to focus on the task at hand. I’d love to see her continue her training with Lucinda rather than Cam - she smashed it in her camp videos.

I never doubted that Banksy wasn’t straight forward but he looked really tricky at certain points! Very set in his ways. A fresh pair of eyes and some discipline was exactly what they needed.

Reactions: 6
I give her credit for taking her horse out and trying. She’s clearly had a confidence knock in the past and is trying to make a go of her horse. She’s having lessons with Justine….. and her horse seems to be coping well with her riding.
Just watched Tina’s latest and can’t believe how well she rode Banks and he did not chip in once on her last ride on the course, he looked super. I hope she keeps it together when the big day comes.
My response was directed to the person quoted not LOTB, just to be clear

Annoying at times for sure, but I think she’s absolutely perfect for Tina, who lacks listening skills and the ability to focus on the task at hand. I’d love to see her continue her training with Lucinda rather than Cam - she smashed it in her camp videos.

I never doubted that Banksy wasn’t straight forward but he looked really tricky at certain points! Very set in his ways. A fresh pair of eyes and some discipline was exactly what they needed.
Lucinda seemed very fond of Banksy and she was very complementary about Tina. No doubt she knows her stuff and got a lot out of Tina in the lesson, but I think I’d have turned around and told her to SHUT UP, I HEARD YOU THE FIRST FIVE TIMES :ROFLMAO:
I completely agree that Cameron is useless for Tina though.

Reactions: 1
Lucinda seemed very fond of Banksy and she was very complementary about Tina. No doubt she knows her stuff and got a lot out of Tina in the lesson, but I think I’d have turned around and told her to SHUT UP, I HEARD YOU THE FIRST FIVE TIMES :ROFLMAO:
I’ve not seen the final vlog of Tina’s yet but the difference between her changing her saddles was crazy. I think she should stick with the original one!

Reactions: 2
And if I was lucinda I would answer "well why haven't you done it then" 🤣. She was good at keeping om at Tina to speed her reactions up, Banksy is a very quick thinking horse so you need to be thinking at his speed or faster. I'm so envious of their whole experience with Lucinda!

Reactions: 4
Or Tina rode differently as she knew it wasn’t her usual saddle. Either way the difference was very interesting to watch

I thought the exact same. She’s quite aggressive with the shouting too. At one point she shouted at Tina 3 times to look at the fence when she was already looking at it.

If I was already having a bad day she’d tip me over the edge

Tina is a very good sport and takes everything on board very well

Reactions: 2
I was really surprised how well tina responded to Lucinda's training, it is harsh at times but like tinas said, always fair. just shows tina can do it and can concentrate, cam as lovely as he is just doesn't really teach and just says 'yep, yep, yep' to everything tina says.

Reactions: 1
I personally don’t think it’s the saddle. Just her reins are to short with a rigid elbow. I think if she lethethen the reins a touch and a bit more bend and flexibility in the elbow she wouldn’t sitting tipped like she is. But credit where credit is die she is having lessons and I expect most people ride far worse in a test than schooling at home I do as I have to get the test right whereas at home I can do I please. But at the minute it looks like if Jimmy stumbled slightly Jess will be yank forwards out the saddle and possibly onto the floor. If she improves in the next 6 months we know Justine is a good instructor, if not then Jess needs to look for a new one.
Definitely credit where credits due, she’s got to start somewhere, and yes her position is less than desired and isn’t helping Jimmy in the slightest, however she is trying and is aiming to improve. I take my hat off to Jess for that, at least she is aware she needs to get her arse into gear, unlike RWC who lives in blissful ignorance 🙄 Although, not sure I’d have lessons from Justine myself…her position and hands when she rides Jimmy are questionable 🤨

Reactions: 10
Lucinda Frederick's was exactly what Tina needed especially after Tina admitted very little prep so far. The constant barrage kept Tina focused and it was a revelation how quiet Tina can be when she's made focus! Yes - it was aggressive and one got the impression that Tina wouldn't be someone Lucinda would chose to teach. (Seemed like favor to meg as well as opp to promote her own yard/daughters' name). But in fairness, if Tina was allowed an inch of indulgence, she take a mile - and Lucinda is no Cam!

Reactions: 7
I think Lucinda was perfect for Tina, as she made Tina concentrate the whole time, and she clearly needs that otherwise her attention span disappears! It’s proved in the end that her teaching worked perfectly for her and she rode Banks well and the horse went well too! I very much enjoyed her vlogs with Lucinda. Not sure what Megs ones are like as I can’t stand Meg, but Tina definitely shone, and she’s certainly very brave in her jumping.
---
Imagine if RWC had a lesson with Lucinda 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think Lucinda was perfect for Tina, as she made Tina concentrate the whole time, and she clearly needs that otherwise her attention span disappears! It’s proved in the end that her teaching worked perfectly for her and she rode Banks well and the horse went well too! I very much enjoyed her vlogs with Lucinda. Not sure what Megs ones are like as I can’t stand Meg, but Tina definitely shone, and she’s certainly very brave in her jumping.
---
Imagine if RWC had a lesson with Lucinda 😂
I would buy 100 bottles of y food to see that

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Watching Frankie’s ponies stories with Mum talking about health conditions the more it comes across she thrives on Frankie and the ponies having health issues and over coming them.
---
Tina’s latest blogs really show the difference a saddle can make for horse and rider not only did Banksy go better, Tina’s position and how she was sat was so much better in her own saddle too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.