Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see thatsassyrider was gifted some woofwear last week.
I saw that too after her ranty stories, I did message her about it but deleted it, can’t be arsed woth it, decided it would make me look jealous and i’m absolutely not!

Megs new reel…the last clip Dee looks tired, I wouldn’t use it as a comparison of relaxation to the first 🫠

When your saddle fits like this - it’s no wonder your horses back looks like that! Terrifying how many top riders have such terrible saddle fit, so much for putting the horse above the sport?
Because Vanir Kamira at 17 ran so poorly last year....? Oh wait....
And the other horse you've shared, Cupid, was BYEH champion this year.

Because Vanir Kamira at 17 ran so poorly last year....? Oh wait....
And the other horse you've shared, Cupid, was BYEH champion this year.
So because the horse goes well it’s ok for saddle fit to be that bad? Absolutely no way a saddle fitted like that doesn’t cause pain and you can see that through the wastage in the trapezius muscle!

Reactions: 7
First time poster long time lurker etc.

What I find especially frustrating about Frankie's Ponies is how her mum is so insistent that they're 'not a priveliged family' and made such a song and dance about no presents at Christmas. I think if you can afford to keep 7 horses at livery and constantly buy them/their riders new things, you have to - at some point - consider the fact that you may be privileged. Yes, you work hard for it and you'll probably spend all of your money on your animals, but so do we all. And lots of people went without at Christmas time this year - but they didn't have a field full of horses with a revolving door of expensive physios, farriers, etc coming to visit them every time they so much as drop their shoulder unexpectedly. And also, no sponsors to provide lavish gifts - most people who went without had a parcel from the food bank instead.

Reactions: 15
When your saddle fits like this - it’s no wonder your horses back looks like that! Terrifying how many top riders have such terrible saddle fit, so much for putting the horse above the sport?
You can’t really fit a saddle from a picture but it does look very low to me.

Reactions: 2
So Meg has mentioned that Jam is a bit lame/short stepping, and Jam is your “top horse”, why isn’t she getting the vet to assess her soundness? Unless she is 100% sure it’s muscle and physio will work? However she mentioned she’s had heaps of physio sessions and is only slightly better, surely you would get a vet to X-ray/hoof test and do a lameness check if your heading towards Badminton in a few months?
I can’t help but think that the issues Meg continues to have with Dee in her training (tension and rushing) is something to do with her arthritic hocks? I could be wrong but from what I’ve seen over time with Dee she is choppy, has no over track and has a tense and short striding canter, she never looks comfortable or relaxed?

Reactions: 9
So Meg has mentioned that Jam is a bit lame/short stepping, and Jam is your “top horse”, why isn’t she getting the vet to assess her soundness? Unless she is 100% sure it’s muscle and physio will work? However she mentioned she’s had heaps of physio sessions and is only slightly better, surely you would get a vet to X-ray/hoof test and do a lameness check if your heading towards Badminton in a few months?
Yes.. she had the vet out this week and they’ve got an option for what it might be and course of action for it. She didn’t go into detail as to what it is

Signed bags of premier performance calming cookies at the National Equine Show by Meg, please make the world stop, I need to get off - it is too much!

I get the Forelock and Fringe box, I really rate it. I’ve had base layers, jods, jumpers, head collars in it. I think it’s really good value for money. I tried the gallop and glory one and was really disappointed with it.

Reactions: 1
Is this Duke for sale?
I know Rhi isn't in the market for a new horse but it would have been quite sweet if she could buy him as she did seem to like him. But she would need to go through the whole vetting process as I do remember him looking off at points.

I know Rhi isn't in the market for a new horse but it would have been quite sweet if she could buy him as she did seem to like him. But she would need to go through the whole vetting process as I do remember him looking off at points.
I don’t feel like they were a good match. I know she didn’t ride him long but I think she’d be over horsed with him.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.