Equestrian Influencers #10 Be relatable, but not TOO relatable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have issues with the 15% when people think that’s what we should be working too. That’s the limit , the maximum. Agreed that if she was just hacking these ponies but she is Eventing them. She is far too big and looks awkward and far too big .

This is an interesting one as just because she is a top rider we of course agree with her that the horse is not in pain but with a lower level rider we go straight to pain. Why is that?
there is a horse and hound podcast where a vet clearly states 99.9999 % of bucking is pain related. So what makes London 52 any different?
When it’s only his first jump back it’s different to something like Vossi where it’s most of the time. But then what if it is pain and it hurts him when he hasn’t jumped for a long time!? Either way I expect his has the physio regular so they would pick up any niggles and tightness in him

Reactions: 2
I think Equitex too. They launched 2019 at Olympia. They’re also kind of ‘trending’ right now so imagine lots of people would ask about them.

Reactions: 3
It’s a degenerative disease, no cure and will gradually get worse. Of course yes of the horse is sound etc. Yes definitely to keeping them working to stop the stiffness, but to work on them in high intensity with jumping at some speed I would question. That mare would be in hard work up until she takes it to Badminton, not sure that’s fair really. Think how much strain is put on the hocks when taking off jumping, and her choppy short strided canter she has. However she was having behaviour issues with her which made me question it, but I guess they know that mare better than anyone.

Yes, this is my point. The horse world is very misinformed in regards to osteoarthritis (in general). There are 5 risk factors in developing/processing OA, and exercise/impact isn't one of them.

If you're interested, they are 1. Age 2. Obesity 3. Previous major sporting injury 4. Systemic (everywhere) inflammation and 5. Genetics.

It really frustrates me that the horse world thinks exercise damages joints, when we in fact know that exercise (including heavy/impact exercise) is one of the best ways to manage arthritis.

It really bothers me when people retire sound horses, due to mild-mod arthritis, thinking they're helping.

Interesting article if you want to read up https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5240031/

Anyway, gunna get off my soapbox now, and stop boring you all with science!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Fair play to no horse han for the honesty of her new series. Affie is a right madame, cornering han in the stable - ive never heard of that level of agression from a connie mare! But she's already making progress and I hope people are supportive. It can't be easy for Han who seems to be an extremely hard worker (ie constantly grooming/videoing for meg). She deserves for things to start to go right with her pony.

Reactions: 4
Just seen the thumbnail for lilpetchannel’s latest video and jesus christ, the photo of her riding Chilli, her position is awful and it looks like she’s really using her hands to keep him round. I know it’s only a still but I wouldn’t think that photo was anywhere near good enough to put as a thumbnail

I do not get the hype with Equitex. I am old school and know that adding extra padding will influence the fit of the saddle. We add a half pad if the saddle needs a bit more and the flocking isn't enough.

Reactions: 5
Fair play to no horse han for the honesty of her new series. Affie is a right madame, cornering han in the stable - ive never heard of that level of agression from a connie mare! But she's already making progress and I hope people are supportive. It can't be easy for Han who seems to be an extremely hard worker (ie constantly grooming/videoing for meg). She deserves for things to start to go right with her pony.
She’s a part bred Arab not a Connie!

I do not get the hype with Equitex. I am old school and know that adding extra padding will influence the fit of the saddle. We add a half pad if the saddle needs a bit more and the flocking isn't enough.
This is why I prefer the EcoGold saddle pads as one of theirs is shimmable so it can be changed accordingly, and the material is extremely ‘meshy’ so keeps the horses cool. When I saw Equitex at badminton I couldn’t figure out how it would be able to keep the horse cool at all

Reactions: 2
Do of you follow many people who go hunting? I like watching the hat cam footage and pretending to be brave, are there any good accounts- that don't hunt mares that have had a foal three days prior (yes exaggeration, but I'm looking at you Georgie & the Equines)
Msg polo eventing I think it’s called? Love his head cam footage!

And hopefully me as of tomorrow 😂

Can a horse not buck out of sheer exuberance … like they do in the field??! Took the rug off our fit clipped horse the other day as he hates rugs and it was sunny and fairly warm and he bucked and farted and pogo’d for a good solid 10 minutes waving his head, flicking his toes and loving life and freedom without a rug! Let’s not forget they are animals not machines!!
I have issues with the 15% when people think that’s what we should be working too. That’s the limit , the maximum. Agreed that if she was just hacking these ponies but she is Eventing them. She is far too big and looks awkward and far too big .

This is an interesting one as just because she is a top rider we of course agree with her that the horse is not in pain but with a lower level rider we go straight to pain. Why is that?
there is a horse and hound podcast where a vet clearly states 99.9999 % of bucking is pain related. So what makes London 52 any different?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can a horse not buck out of sheer exuberance … like they do in the field??! Took the rug off our fit clipped horse the other day as he hates rugs and it was sunny and fairly warm and he bucked and farted and pogo’d for a good solid 10 minutes waving his head, flicking his toes and loving life and freedom without a rug! Let’s not forget they are animals not machines!!
This is an interesting point. Yes I think they can (I am no expert mind) and I think London 52 is a good example of this, you can hear his little squeaks on the video and I think that he is happy to be jumping again.
I think there is a fine line between exuberance and not getting enough turnout and showing ‘frustration’ through a buck though. But realistically once you add tack and a rider the chance of it being pain related is much higher than turn out yea has.

Reactions: 8
Tina and her stories omgoodness how she gets so distracted, then forgets what she’s talking about 🤦🏼‍♀️ So painful to listen to! She rambled on for 10 mins about absolutely nothing. I can’t handle it 😂

Reactions: 1
Frankies ponies put out a lot of stories. Listing all the injuries and drama they’ve had with their horses… drained savings and made mother poorly… so they’ve bought another horse… 🤯

I’m pleased they addressed all the issues, but find it a little contradictory when they get annoyed for saying the bad behaviour isn’t pain… but now it is?!

And the owner is pushy!
Yes owner is apparently a nightmare. There has been quite a bit on social media about their questionable customer service. It puts me off purchasing (not to mention the ridiculous price tag) when she’s pushing advertising like this. Tina’s story confirms that, how can we believe what any of their brand ambassadors say if this is how the owner gets it done. All of the things the pads claim to do need thorough user testing over a course of probably 6 months before anyone can reasonably promote them. 1 week is nothing.

• Wow
I have one since 2019 and honestly they are the best pads ever - they don’t move, curl, rub, look as good as new even now. They are overly expensive though - if they were less I would buy more!
Yes owner is apparently a nightmare. There has been quite a bit on social media about their questionable customer service. It puts me off purchasing (not to mention the ridiculous price tag) when she’s pushing advertising like this. Tina’s story confirms that, how can we believe what any of their brand ambassadors say if this is how the owner gets it done. All of the things the pads claim to do need thorough user testing over a course of probably 6 months before anyone can reasonably promote them. 1 week is nothing.

Reactions: 1
Also though I laughed at Tina not liking the VIP because it stuck out the back of her saddle.... Err get the right size?

Plus those sticky gel acavello pads do pull at the fur and are so heavy in comparison, and the gel squishes in in places and fat in others. I really like the VIP pad, especially for days eventing or hunting when you're on their back a lot.

I have one since 2019 and honestly they are the best pads ever - they don’t move, curl, rub, look as good as new even now. They are overly expensive though - if they were less I would buy more!
Just sold mine as it rubbed bald patches on horse’s side and interestingly horse has physio every 6 weeks as a competition horse and in his first physio after using the pad, his back fascia was tight and very sore and it’s never usually a problem. I had the saddler fitter out too to ensure the pad worked with my saddle…. So it’s gone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.