Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some of his on camera behaviour is smack bang in sexual harassment territory. He should be binned for that alone.

Reactions: 8
I've such an itch too but I would say that poster spurred load of shite tbh
I highly doubt the victim would lie in the original accusation. Oral r*** is oral rape, it doesn't matter if you are 16 or 60, its still horrible so I don't see why she would go to the trouble to make him look worse, if you get me.
True, doesn't make sense to jepordise your own claim by aging yourself down to make it sound worse. And yet the tweets are gone?! I think there's **possibly** something in the claims she reposted that fake troll allegation, which looks to be exactly that, a troll, given the other tweets on the account about the same kind of behaviour by loads of people. If you have something you want to pursue, absolutely go for it. To repost other false claims because you believe them or think it helps your cause is not great like. Surely there must be some kind of statement coming soon?! Has to be 🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: 1
Paddy Jackson was found not guilty but I 100% believe he did it. Given how victims of sex crimes are treated, false claims are very rare. Why on earth would anyone put themselves through having their character and sex life assassinated publicly.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Paddy Jackson was found not guilty but I 100% believe he did it. Given how victims of sex crimes are treated, false claims are very rare. Why on earth would anyone put themselves through having their character and sex life assassinated publicly.
I know this is very off topic sorry to the mods in advance i ask in curiosity but do any of you believe michael jackson molested those 2 guys who came forward and made the documentary? i am a huge fan but it does make me wonder... you would have to be a terrible selfish bastard to make false allegations

I know this is very off topic sorry to the mods in advance i ask in curiosity but do any of you believe michael jackson molested those 2 guys who came forward and made the documentary? i am a huge fan but it does make me wonder... you would have to be a terrible selfish bastard to make false allegations
I know someone that was falsely accused and it was the most excruciating thing I have ever witnessed. Their whole family lost trust in them understandably. The person in question became incredibly isolated and depressed.

The case became a witch hunt but was all proven lies in the end but the family and the man never fully recovered. He lost his job, his relationship with his children/wife became incredibly damaged and it ruined that families life. Still today it affects them and it happened a few years ago.

The case in particular went on over 2 years before it went to court so in those 2 years that man essentially lived life as a 'predator' when in fact he was innocent and did not deserve any of it. It was a planned extortion and many people jumped on board.

So now I always always take accusations with a grain of salt. People won't believe it but the dpp take accusations ridiculously seriously and are known as men haters by anyone in the system (guards, lawyers, victimes-both sides)

I know this is going to be controversial as I haven't immediately jumped to the obvious victems side but you just never know and please after reading this don't think of things like this as black and white. I have first hand experience of how this can ruin lives and not only the accused, they have families, parents, children etc.

I'm not saying to always assume innocent but please try let the evidence and the courts do what they are supposed to do.

Just to add I do always think if the accusers side also. I like to look at cases unbiasedly as you will never know until it goes to court.

Sorry this is all over the place its an exceptionally emotional thing for me.

*I hope the truth comes out in the end and either side is punished for their actions, as both are disgusting. *

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I know someone that was falsely accused and it was the most excruciating thing I have ever witnessed. Their whole family lost trust in them understandably. The person in question became incredibly isolated and depressed.

The case became a witch hunt but was all proven lies in the end but the family and the man never fully recovered. He lost his job, his relationship with his children/wife became incredibly damaged and it ruined that families life. Still today it affects them and it happened a few years ago.

The case in particular went on over 2 years before it went to court so in those 2 years that man essentially lived life as a 'predator' when in fact he was innocent and did not deserve any of it. It was a planned extortion and many people jumped on board.

So now I always always take accusations with a grain of salt. People won't believe it but the dpp take accusations ridiculously seriously and are known as men haters by anyone in the system (guards, lawyers, victimes-both sides)

I know this is going to be controversial as I haven't immediately jumped to the obvious victems side but you just never know and please after reading this don't think of things like this as black and white. I have first hand experience of how this can ruin lives and not only the accused, they have families, parents, children etc.

I'm not saying to always assume innocent but please try let the evidence and the courts do what they are supposed to do.

Just to add I do always think if the accusers side also. I like to look at cases unbiasedly as you will never know until it goes to court.

Sorry this is all over the place its an exceptionally emotional thing for me.

*I hope the truth comes out in the end and either side is punished for their actions, as both are disgusting. *
And for all the victims that never get any justice I really feel for them

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And for all the victims that never get any justice I really feel for them
I knew this would be the reply. Yes I feel bad for them I think I made that clear but my point that I think you missed was try remain unbiased and think of the alternative which we rarely ever do in cases like these....

Just to be crystal clear I am by no means saying I don't feel bad for those that get dismissed /ignored /no justice. I do I feel incredibly bad for them. But in my experience it seems easier as it is more accepted /talked about, whatever you wanna say. They have support groups and for the most part (I'm generalising) they don't loose their jobs, family and have to move whereas if your in the other position you do.

Reactions: 6
I knew this would be the reply. Yes I feel bad for them I think I made that clear but my point that I think you missed was try remain unbiased and think of the alternative which we rarely ever do in cases like these....

Just to be crystal clear I am by no means saying I don't feel bad for those that get dismissed /ignored /no justice. I do I feel incredibly bad for them. But in my experience it seems easier as it is more accepted /talked about, whatever you wanna say. They have support groups and for the most part (I'm generalising) they don't loose their jobs, family and have to move whereas if your in the other position you do.
If you are telling the truth then that is horrible, your poor friend. If it can be proven without a doubt that someone made a false rape allegation, you should get the max time the innocent person accused would get. but for the most part, a woman coming out with an abuse accusation of the church for example, is probably telling the truth. or else you would want 2 have no morals

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If you are telling the truth then that is horrible, your poor friend. If it can be proven without a doubt that someone made a false rape allegation, you should get the max time the innocent person accused would get. but for the most part, a woman coming out with an abuse accusation of the church for example, is probably telling the truth. or else you would want 2 have no morals
I am telling the truth and it is horrible. It happens way more often than people think. I have no reason to lie?

You automatically doubt if I am telling the truth (which is healthy and normal) but a stranger who made her accusation on social media against a wealthy man you fully believe? 🤔

I am telling the truth and it is horrible. It happens way more often than people think. I have no reason to lie?

You automatically doubt if I am telling the truth (which is healthy and normal) but a stranger who made her accusation on social media against a wealthy man you fully believe? 🤔
Of course people doubt what you say, you're on an anonymous forum. People didn't just question Eoghan over 1 anonymous tweet. It was an accumulation of things. He was let go from RTE and complete radio silence from him in all aspects. Not even a whisper from him on SM. Maybe he has been advised not to. Maybe he is innocent. It is still highly suspicious though. If he is innocent, it will go to court, he can prove it. And yes, that case of your friend being wrongly accused is awful. His life ruined over false claims. And I think we can all acknowledge that false claims do happen. But a huge amount of abuse and rape claims are not reported. The ones that do get reported have a terrible time, having to prove they didn't 'ask for it'. In the Paddy Jackson trial that woman's application of fake tan and choice of underwear was discussed in court, in the media. No one, no one, would choose to have their choices picked apart in the public. The system is incredibly flawed and harmful.

To quote you: "But in my experience it seems easier as it is more accepted /talked about, whatever you wanna say. They have support groups and for the most part (I'm generalising) they don't loose their jobs, family and have to move whereas if your in the other position you do."
Are you actually saying it is better to be the victim than the one accused?! Seriously? The victims haver support groups and can talk about it. That is fucked up thinking. Ask any victim of a crime, if they have it easier, as they have support groups and can talk about it to family and friends. It's not like we want to be victims cos it's the 'in thing'. I understand that you have personal experience of someone being wrongly accused, but you have veered so far in the opposite direction that you're not just victim blaming, you're saying the victim is better off than the accused. duck me I've read it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve been a victim of sexual violence. The person attacked multiple people all unconnected to each other but even with that it’s my word against his and people still think it’s lies. Survivors do lose their jobs, they do lose their families when they speak out. It’s not easy being a survivor even with therapy, support etc. It’s a huge burden that you carry around. One person my abuser targeted ended up taking their own life but because they never got a conviction we are supposed to stay silent about what lead to that? Screw that.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

I didn't automatically doubt you as I didn't accuse you, i left it with 'if' because u could be anyone attempting to dilute this alleged victims claims by making up stories of false allegations of rape being "a lot more common than people think".

Personally , i dont know anyone who was in this situation, but i have heard of more rapes than false rape allegations but that just me

Btw I never once said I fully believe this alleged victims accusations. I dont even know if they exist irl

• Heart
Re false accusations, I took the Eleanor Bingley account at face value at first given it was so detailed which made it more credible to me, but that post a few pages back on why the account was deleted has made me wonder. Either the reasons are made up to stir tit in which case then duck them, or they're not and some of the claims are pretty serious. I do believe that she's posted another false allegation by a troll. Pretty clear when you look at that account it's some weirdo. But if that was it and she stood over the rest of it then surely you'd just delete that tweet and not everything? The age thing I keep coming back to. That seems the most serious, if she claimed she was under the age of consent but wasn't then that's a serious allegation separate to the consent issue. If she's reposted a false rape claim by someone else and made a false defilement claim herself then that's really not good? The not reporting because his Dad is a Garda claim is possibly true too. I did remember reading that tweet from her account at the time like I said. Obviously that doesn't resolve the consent part, but assuming those bits are true it does start to make it look very messy.

Reactions: 2

Far more victims never receive justice than anyone is wrongly accused and just because a conviction doesn’t take place it does not mean someone is innocent. Far too many sexual assault cases end without a conviction & far too few ever make it to court.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Far more victims never receive justice than anyone is wrongly accused and just because a conviction doesn’t take place it does not mean someone is innocent. Far too many sexual assault cases end without a conviction & far too few ever make it to court.
I think the key point from that posters original point is to "please try let the evidence and the courts do what they are supposed to do".

Idle speculation and a desire for media articles about it can actually harm the potential for a prosecution. Plus, it should be possible to say that he could be innocent whilst also being aware that far too many sexual assaults go unpunished. We don't know the specific circumstances in this case, so I don't think it's fair to make wider judgements on it.

@Beeepbop22 just wondering how do you know for sure that they were falsely accused? Is it just cos they weren't convicted? That means nothing and doesn't mean they didn't do it. Our legal system and society is set up in a way that men are often not convicted even when they did do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve been a victim of sexual violence. The person attacked multiple people all unconnected to each other but even with that it’s my word against his and people still think it’s lies. Survivors do lose their jobs, they do lose their families when they speak out. It’s not easy being a survivor even with therapy, support etc. It’s a huge burden that you carry around. One person my abuser targeted ended up taking their own life but because they never got a conviction we are supposed to stay silent about what lead to that? Screw that.
THANK YOU!! 👏🏼
Survivors DO lose their jobs, they lose friends, they lose the place they called home, a lot of the time they also lose family. A lot of survivors families don’t want their name “tarnished”. Especially in the case when there is no conviction. No conviction doesn’t automatically mean the person is innocent. It could be that the case didn’t have enough evidence or a million other reasons.
You are so right about it not being easy being a survivor. We carry shame our entire lives and some of us even after EXTENSIVE therapy.

This part is directed at the poster Beeephop22:
I think for the most part on this entire thread the majority of people have used the word alleged. Nobody has outright said he is guilty because none of us know that he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think the key point from that posters original point is to "please try let the evidence and the courts do what they are supposed to do".

Idle speculation and a desire for media articles about it can actually harm the potential for a prosecution. Plus, it should be possible to say that he could be innocent whilst also being aware that far too many sexual assaults go unpunished. We don't know the specific circumstances in this case, so I don't think it's fair to make wider judgements on it.
Bib but in sex crimes all you need to do if you're a perpatrator is prove reasonable doubt. The burden of proof is always on the alleged victom to prove they were assaulted and their behaviour and previous sex life is always used in these instances. Courts do not favour any victim

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So many smart and eloquent posters on this thread fighting for victims. Its wonderful to see so many intelligent rebuttals to those blaming victims.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I knew this would be the reply. Yes I feel bad for them I think I made that clear but my point that I think you missed was try remain unbiased and think of the alternative which we rarely ever do in cases li

Just to add if you do believe being accused is worse than being a victim and that the very things you just described doesn't happen to victims too on top of being sexually assaulted I suggest you watch the documentary "Audrey and Daisy" on Netflix and check out the account @whyididntreport on Instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.