Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm guessing you haven't read the entire thread. Maybe read back through it
I have read this whole thread. And I don't need you to guess whether I have or not, or to advise me to read through it, thanks. I gave my opinion that I liked Hector, and because you don't agree, are trying to be condescending.

Reactions: 8
Oh I don't know her and she didn't say anything. I just saw the video and tweeted about disgraceful it was because she was so obviously uncomfortable (I didn't mention him or anything. It was trending at the time which is how I came on it) and he came at me that it was a joke and that I was a sad person with no life to be bothered by it. It was a one random tweet and I got like, 4 or 5 back at me of him ranting at me. It was a good few years ago - he didn't get any replies from me, I was in college, put my phone away for a lecture and came back to this angry idiot in my mentions, going off on one.
Prick.

Reactions: 2
Oh I don't know her and she didn't say anything. I just saw the video and tweeted about disgraceful it was because she was so obviously uncomfortable (I didn't mention him or anything. It was trending at the time which is how I came on it) and he came at me that it was a joke and that I was a sad person with no life to be bothered by it. It was a one random tweet and I got like, 4 or 5 back at me of him ranting at me. It was a good few years ago - he didn't get any replies from me, I was in college, put my phone away for a lecture and came back to this angry idiot in my mentions, going off on one.
I had a similar interaction, left a comment on the 2fm insta page saying I thought their sketches were a bit on the nose taking the piss out of people and don’t really tie in to their ‘be kind’ BS, and he went on an utter rant at me in the comments!!

Reactions: 9
Second tweet. View the reply underneath from another presenter 🤔
Like this is so true.
The uproar (rightly so) of Weinstein, Epstein, Trump, Belfast trial, but now the deafening silence from all his “friends” for this guy???

Why????
Because he’s a nice guy???
Afraid of upsetting the RTÉ hand that feeds you???
Why in this case is the victim/survivor being doubted and questioned??
The hesitation and delay is such a cruel blow to survivors

Reactions: 21
Seems some people in radio are talking about it.
Does he still work in radio? It’s easy to be vocal when you don’t have a job to lose.
I would also imagine that he legally can’t be mentioned right now.

If there is a case ongoing and he is found to be not guilty (I.e not enough evidence to convict not necessarily that he didn’t commit any offences) he could come after people for defamation (and he seems the kind to do this from what I have read & the narcissistic vibes I get from him, he’ll make cocos law work for him 🤬)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Certain TV/Radio Presenters are darlings of the Liberal Left who are beyond criticism.

The Radio Presenter who left RTE this week falls into that category eg woke, liberal left, supports abortion, gay marriage, he probably hates the Catholic Church as well so he gets a Free Pass.

Reactions: 4
Does he still work in radio? It’s easy to be vocal when you don’t have a job to lose.
I would also imagine that he legally can’t be mentioned right now.

If there is a case ongoing and he is found to be not guilty (I.e not enough evidence to convict not necessarily that he didn’t commit any offences) he could come after people for defamation (and he seems the kind to do this from what I have read & the narcissistic vibes I get from him, he’ll make cocos law work for him 🤬)
Dunno if he still works in radio. But think thats his point though. The same woke presenters had no problem tweeting about paddy jackson and weinstein but when it comes to their mate theyre afraid to get in trouble from their jobs. So makes the metoo movement pointless. Only able to speak up when it doesnt affect them. Sure even George Hook got condemned more for comments made on a radio show. And yet not a word about McDermott

Sorry what was the reply? Not on twitter, could you screenshot as well?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4
In fairness, its been explained a bit in this thread that they may have been told not too..

I like Keith Ward, but its easy enough to go against the grain from Canada

Reactions: 2
In fairness, its been explained a bit in this thread that they may have been told not too..

I like Keith Ward, but its easy enough to go against the grain from Canada
True. Though I doubt every single radio station in Dublin sat everyone down and told them not to talk about it. Even what about the influencers who have no affiliation with radio? Still nothing. Think its very strange. Yes legally there are limits but it didnt stop anyone from going on about similar cases. Including Al Porter.

I didnt know he was in Canada. Shame as i quite liked him on radio. Might explain him speaking out though. Wonder has he put himself in legal trouble by tweeting that.

Reactions: 6
True. Though I doubt every single radio station in Dublin sat everyone down and told them not to talk about it. Even what about the influencers who have no affiliation with radio? Still nothing. Think its very strange. Yes legally there are limits but it didnt stop anyone from going on about similar cases. Including Al Porter.

I didnt know he was in Canada. Shame as i quite liked him on radio. Might explain him speaking out though. Wonder has he put himself in legal trouble by tweeting that.
Yeah he seems dead on. Id imagine its too vague to get him in hot water legally, but if he was in Ireland a looking for work would he have tweeted

Reactions: 1

Absolutely this!! The majority of people don’t even know this has happened. It trended on Twitter for a day but if you’re not looking for it, this news would just pass you by and that is what they are hoping for.

I understand those who are scared to say anything but there are tonnes of “woke” people who vehemently support the “me too” campaign that I follow on insta and their silence is deafening.

I haven’t seen one person mention it, apart from that journalist, who has only questioned where he is.

You cannot pick and choose when and how you are going to be a supporter of people who are abused. Not how it works.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.