Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you :) Is this only recently? Doesn’t he have a partner? I could never stand him so full of himself and the male version of a complete dose. No way he’d have left what I’d imagine was a very high paying job at 2fm, as someone called him in a comments section “the king of the snowflakes”:ROFLMAO: suits him perfectly.
I always thought a male dose was just a dose 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oh absolutely its my opinion, which I'm entitled to just as much as you are.

Maybe he has owned up to it and that's why rte have taken everything down or maybe due to the extent of the allegations its easier for them to wash their hands of him so their not seen to be supporting him.
All I was saying is guilty or not his career is now ruined over these allegations and there's no coming back from it.
He’s not exactly helping the situation by staying silent and quitting his job so suddenly. Unless he comes out and says something either way, people will form their own conclusions. If it was untrue and a load of crap he would have/should have nipped it in the bud immediately, and insisted these allegations are against everything he stands for and he will be taking every action available to him to get to the bottom of who started this. Maybe say he’s taking time off to deal with the stress of it but he just wants to put it out there that it is categorically untrue. You don’t leave something like this hanging, and he has said absolutely nothing. It’s totally strange for someone who was an ally to feminism and no shrinking violet when it came to being outspoken about sexual harassment and the relentless shaming of anyone who even momentarily side stepped from being anything other than woke. Now all of a sudden it’s him in the firing line and he scuttles off and disappears?!?! It’s very very strange.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I may be completely misremembering this situation but didnt Chris Ingham (the family youtuber) get called out on social media by a few young girls accusing him of similar things that Eoghan is being accused of now?

As far as I'm aware chris ingham never faced any kind of prosecution or recieved any form of sentence and these accusations were never proven to be true in the eyes of the law at least. And he is still putting videos out almost daily on their youtube channel so it seems like he has managed to just shoulder on by ignoring the accusations. He only addressed it in one video that as far as I recall he put online months after it initially blew up.

I just wonder because these girls have come out on social media does it give men like chris ingham and eoghan a free pass if the accusations are true. Almost like any potential trial would be jeopardized because so many people have already formed an opinion.

All in all horrific situation regardless.

I’m wondering how it took 11 years? Like one year is a long time, never mind 11. I understand she might have been traumatized but it just seems like a very long time before coming forward

Reactions: 3
Thats your opinion. That girl felt it was right for her - you don't know why, she could have tried legally, she could have tried with the Gardai.

If it is, what you purport, just a social media post - why has Eoghan basically disappeared and RTE removed his name from everything?

This hasn't come out of the blue - you can see on twitter people were alluding to it for quite a few years.
I would assume either the Gardaí/legal are involved so he actually can’t say anything. The fact that he has said nothing does not indicate being guilty or innocent.

Reactions: 1
I think it would be just great if we could all stop questioning the motivations of the alleged victim here.

Why aren't we asking what drove him to groom young girls, allegedly, instead of asking 1. why she chose social media to share her story 2. what took her so long etc. 3. why didn't she "go through the proper system"

Why isn't he screaming his innocence from the rooftops? That's the only question I have.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
I think it would be just great if we could all stop questioning the motivations of the alleged victim here.

Why aren't we asking what drove him to groom young girls, allegedly, instead of asking 1. why she chose social media to share her story 2. what took her so long etc. 3. why didn't she "go through the proper system"

Why isn't he screaming his innocence from the rooftops? That's the only question I have.
Preach!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Victim blaming again. The girl was 16 years old when this incident allegedly took place. it doesn't matter why it took 11 years for her to come forward. she was a literal child at the time, who knows what kind of long term effect it had on her or how long it took for her adult mind to even register the wrong doing. If this allegation is true, SHE IS NOT IN THE WRONG, in any way shape or form. HE is the sexual predator and HE is the one who has questions to answer, not this girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

I imagine it's probably because people are entitled to a fair trial. Innocent until proven guilty etc
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Victim blaming again. The girl was 16 years old when this incident allegedly took place. it doesn't matter why it took 11 years for her to come forward. she was a literal child at the time, who knows what kind of long term effect it had on her or how long it took for her adult mind to even register the wrong doing. If this allegation is true, SHE IS NOT IN THE WRONG, in any way shape or form. HE is the sexual predator and HE is the one who has questions to answer, not this girl.
I dont think anyone is actually arguing this. I dont think anyone feels anything but sympathy for the girl in question but people are entitled to a fair trial.

Does anyone remember when Roxanne Pallet accused ryan thomas on Big Brother of hitting her? Only that a camera was rolling at the time his career would have absolutely been ruined.

I havent actually heard anyone say the girl in the eoghan McDermott situation is lying. It's more like concern that the way she has chosen to speak out may mean that he walks away from it because he has already faced a trial by media.

Reactions: 20
I’m wondering how it took 11 years? Like one year is a long time, never mind 11. I understand she might have been traumatized but it just seems like a very long time before coming forward
It took my husband 30 years before he told anyone. The mind can lock trauma away as a coping mechanism.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I think everyone is worried about that too, I genuinely hope to God that this is all dealt with the right way and due process takes place.

But there is more than a whiff of victim blaming in some of the posts here.

Also, there have been many examples given here already where false allegations have been made and careers weren't ruined as a result.

Reactions: 18
I imagine it's probably because people are entitled to a fair trial. Innocent until proven guilty etc

I dont think anyone is actually arguing this. I dont think anyone feels anything but sympathy for the girl in question but people are entitled to a fair trial.

Does anyone remember when Roxanne Pallet accused ryan thomas on Big Brother of hitting her? Only that a camera was rolling at the time his career would have absolutely been ruined.

I havent actually heard anyone say the girl in the eoghan McDermott situation is lying. It's more like concern that the way she has chosen to speak out may mean that he walks away from it because he has already faced a trial by media.
He is entitled to a fair trial, just as she is entitled to report the incident to the authorities without being questioned and blamed for waiting 11 years to come forward or for doing it on social media. There have been a few commenters on this thread wondering why so long, why now, why not the guards etc. It's irrelevant. she has her reasons and that's all we need to know. she shouldn't have to face social media trial either

Reactions: 14
Really disgusted at some of the inferences on here:

Why did it take HER 11 years to report?
Why did SHE say it on social media?
His career will be ruined whether true or not????

Well f*** me, I would've thought that if they're true, then it's a good thing his career is ruined!
Not only does she live in small Ireland, where even a proven allegation can ruin a victims rep, but it's not as if the legal system deals with these cases properly or fairly for victims.

No one asking why an allegedly predatory man, who rumours have been supposedly swirling around for years, has been allowed to work with the state broadcaster? Apparently there are multiple victims coming forward, this doesn't appear to be an isolated incident.

Some internal misogyny going on here, some of you need to have word with yourselves!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
I do not know one person who likes him (even prior to this) or rates him as a presenter.

He is another example of the RTE gravy train in action - they wheel out the same tired people all the time while home-grown talent goes abroad as RTE just keeps the same faces until they retire. Doireann is about as funny as a heart attack yet the two of them land a primetime show on the national broadcaster? The mind boggles. I would love to see RTE shut down.

Reactions: 26
He is entitled to a fair trial, just as she is entitled to report the incident to the authorities without being questioned and blamed for waiting 11 years to come forward or for doing it on social media. There have been a few commenters on this thread wondering why so long, why now, why not the guards etc. It's irrelevant. she has her reasons and that's all we need to know. she shouldn't have to face social media trial either
Those are all very fair points. I hope she gets justice

Reactions: 3
I would only presume his solicitor is involved now and he has been asked to stay silent. He could do more damage by saying anything online.

Reactions: 4
At the end of the day there is no proof that this happened. There is no DNA evidence or CCTV as far as I know. It is absolutely her word against his (although he has not said anything). I know other women have also come out but again there is no proof. He could deny it if it didn't happen and it would be a case of who people believe. I know a lot of people in Ireland seem to really dislike him though and no one has come out to defend him. I think RTE and all connected are just hoping things will blow over and he can quietly dissappear without them having to address it. Maybe they will arrange another party to deflect headlines from Eoghan

Reactions: 2
At the end of the day there is no proof that this happened. There is no DNA evidence or CCTV as far as I know. It is absolutely her word against his (although he has not said anything). I know other women have also come out but again there is no proof. He could deny it if it didn't happen and it would be a case of who people believe. I know a lot of people in Ireland seem to really dislike him though and no one has come out to defend him. I think RTE and all connected are just hoping things will blow over and he can quietly dissappear without them having to address it. Maybe they will arrange another party to deflect headlines from Eoghan
This is it. at the end of the day only Eoghan and the alleged victim(s) know what happened. Everything else is speculation and she said/ he said at this point. Though he has said nothing yet. I hope if it is true that it can be proven and justice is served. Equally, if it is a false allegation justice should be served. Like, there are no winners here whatever the outcome :(

Reactions: 10
I would only presume his solicitor is involved now and he has been asked to stay silent. He could do more damage by saying anything online.
He hasn’t been charged with anything so he would 100% be allowed, even advised to issue a statement to say these allegations are false and my team are looking into it. Unless of course it is all true, and he doesn’t want to get himself into a conundrum by saying it’s false. Right now no publications are talking about it because it’s all just twitter chatter. The second he comes out and addresses it, it gives the media the right to report on it. Googling his name will bring “RTE’s Eoghan Mc Dermott denies assault allegations”.. So it could be a weighing up of those things for him. Say nothing, hope it fades away, he retires from public life and lives his life quietly to himself and hope nothing comes of this. Or address it, and have “sexual assault allegations” come after your name forever more whenever anyone Googles you. It’s a predicament alright but considering he positioned himself as such a pillar of morality and all that is good, and often publicly lambasted people who had similar allegations sent their way; he really owes it to people to address this.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.