Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was abused 35 years ago, I still haven’t found the strength to speak out . How dare you victim blame & how dare you assume a year is an acceptable time frame to speak up. Idiot

They can check a lot of what’s been claimed , it has been claimed he picked her up from school, others might have seen this, he took her to a bar, he may have paid on a CC, they clocking in and out of the radio station, texts, voice notes etc there are many ways in which someone’s story can be confirmed
Only thing i'd say here is that as fair as I'm aware companies only keep data for a certain amount of time - a lot of things from 11 years ago would be gone. Its GDPR related as far as i know

Reactions: 2
The questioning of the length of time it takes victims to speak out is something that’s conditioned into people. Unfortunately.
Women experience internalised misogyny unfortunately.
Perpetrated by patriarchy.
I’m not saying that it’s just women who suffer abuse, but, for the sake of this post on a what I would assume mostly female website & the case in question a male allegedly (not proven yet) perpetrating abuse on a female.

I get that people ask the question thinking that it’s an innocent thing to ask but there are many reasons people don’t come out until they are ready or not at all.

1) They feel ashamed & blame themselves
2) They have been groomed and threatened that nobody will believe them
3) They see other cases in the media where the perpetrator gets away with the crime.
4) they are discouraged by family / friends
5) they are suffering greatly with mental health issues and scared they won’t be able to deal with the process

etc etc etc etc

The last few years has brought about a sense of solidarity with the #metoo movement & gave everyone (all genders) the ability to feel empowered. The strength to speak out.

At least once a week there is a historical sex abuse case in the media. Some people choose to waive anonymity to help themselves to heal but also to help others to come out & seek help for themselves. This is a good thing.

It has helped people to seek help.
Maybe that’s why this girl has decided to speak out now

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The other Eoghan McDermott is on Today FM now and was introduced as Eoghan Thomas McDermot. Obviously doesn't want to be mistaken.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Good! He's ruined enough lives with his behavior towards women. Losing his career should be the very least of the consequences he should face.
Oh and I absolutely agree with you. Justice for that poor girl should be served and he should get the most harsh penalty there is. I'm not disagreeing with that for a minute. But the point I was trying to make is if all of this is untrue his career is ruined and I dont think that's deserved.

Its clear from a lot of the comments on this thread that most people have made up their minds on what happened and what didn't happen so being able to have an open discussion on the matter clearly isn't an option. As with most cases your comment gets ripped into if people don't have the same opinion as you.

Reactions: 6
Oh and I absolutely agree with you. Justice for that poor girl should be served and he should get the most harsh penalty there is. I'm not disagreeing with that for a minute. But the point I was trying to make is if all of this is untrue his career is ruined and I dont think that's deserved.

Its clear from a lot of the comments on this thread that most people have made up their minds on what happened and what didn't happen so being able to have an open discussion on the matter clearly isn't an option. As with most cases your comment gets ripped into if people don't have the same opinion as you.
I'd imagine this area is open to rip someone to shreds as it's neither in a rave section or a regular discussion board. It's tattle, so ripping someone to shreds is quite norm!

Reactions: 1

Michael Jackson's victim was able to correctly describe his genitalia and it still wasn't enough. Men in the public eye can rape children and still carry on with their career. I don't understand why people are more worried about the teenie tiny possibility of man's career being ruined over false allegations then they are about the multiple victims finally being brave enough to speak out in hopes of stopping the abuser hurting any more people.

• Sad
Reactions: 20

I haven’t made my mind up but right now I’m leaning more towards this being true. It’s up to him to clear his name, no one else can do it for him. Unfortunately the longer he leaves it hanging, the more people will make up their own minds. If it’s untrue then he needs to come out and state that it’s untrue. But he hasn’t. Instead he has stayed unusually quiet and quit his job! The whole thing is suspect as duck.

Reactions: 9
I was abused 35 years ago, I still haven’t found the strength to speak out . How dare you victim blame & how dare you assume a year is an acceptable time frame to speak up. Idiot

They can check a lot of what’s been claimed , it has been claimed he picked her up from school, others might have seen this, he took her to a bar, he may have paid on a CC, they clocking in and out of the radio station, texts, voice notes etc there are many ways in which someone’s story can be confirmed
It was 11 years ago though. Would any of this info still be available

Agree, no need for that! I have never been abused and I don’t know anyone that has been thankfully. I don’t understand and the ins and outs and I would think “yes 11 years ago ago, why now?” No need for name calling
You never know though you might know someone. My cousin only realised he was abused dealing with a sexual abuse case through work. He was in his 40's. We grew up together and his abuser was an older cousin we all spent time with.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Michael Jackson's victim was able to correctly describe his genitalia and it still wasn't enough. Men in the public eye can rape children and still carry on with their career. I don't understand why people are more worried about the teenie tiny possibility of man's career being ruined over false allegations then they are about the multiple victims finally being brave enough to speak out in hopes of stopping the abuser hurting any more people.
What some people get away with is sickening... all the evidence could be there and they walk on a technicality.....
It was only a few months ago in this country, a man got his conviction overturned on appeal for a sex offence against his niece, after his defence team said the judge said something that might have swayed the jury’s decision..

Reactions: 6
I’m galled by the fact the last post on his IG is a post about Caroline Flack. That woman has been weaponised this past year by influencers and public figures using the #bekind to avoid accountability.
He did have a post up as far as I remember saying happy birthday to his gf but it has since been removed 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He grabbed my ass 3 years ago at a house party. I roared at him. Told me I was over reacting. He's done this to so so many women.

He's an absolute tool and everyone has known this for years.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
Added
I’m galled by the fact the last post on his IG is a post about Caroline Flack. That woman has been weaponised this past year by influencers and public figures using the #bekind to avoid accountability.
He did have a post up as far as I remember saying happy birthday to his gf but it has since been removed 🤔

no that was just a story!

Reactions: 2
I’d be interested to know if his behaviour changed/stopped when he got back with the gf a few years back. Or if he’s been cheating on her this whole time

Reactions: 5

If he turns out to be innocent he’ll be rolled out on the late late to tell his story and maybe even get another documentary out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’d be interested to know if his behaviour changed/stopped when he got back with the gf a few years back. Or if he’s been cheating on her this whole time
Yes was wondering if he’s a cheater, how long is he with his girlfriend? Didn’t they get a houses about two years ago, I remember it being featured on celebrity home of the year on RTE.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Can see the excuses now as drug addiction and his mental health

Reactions: 10
Yes was wondering if he’s a cheater, how long is he with his girlfriend? Didn’t they get a houses about two years ago, I remember it being featured on celebrity home of the year on RTE.
Yeah well he likes to grab women at parties. Even with a gf. Being in a relationship means duck all to men like this. Tbh I've kinda fallen out with my cousin over it. He's how I was at these parties and is Eoins friend. He's an Irish celeb but has no back bone and I havent talked to him in around a year.

Eoin also posted a few times hugging fm104 etc girls and would write comments about he was punching with them.. while in a relationship 🙃

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
The silence is deafening from someone who is such an attention bleep.

He was able to play the media game - telling them when he as much as sneezed.....but nothing now. Funny that.

Reactions: 14
I’ve literally composed and erased a comment about something that happened me about 10 times since I saw this thread but I’m scared of giving away my identity. But I had a sinister experience with an Irish musician a few years ago and still feel really uncomfortable about it today. I really don’t want to give details because I’m scared anyone reading who knows this who knows me will know that this is my account. Sorry if this to come across like I’m baiting or anything, I just wanted to say that these creeps are obviously common enough in the Irish entertainment industry.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I’ve literally composed and erased a comment about something that happened me about 10 times since I saw this thread but I’m scared of giving away my identity. But I had a sinister experience with an Irish musician a few years ago and still feel really uncomfortable about it today. I really don’t want to give details because I’m scared anyone reading who knows this who knows me will know that this is my account. Sorry if this to come across like I’m baiting or anything, I just wanted to say that these creeps are obviously common enough in the Irish entertainment industry.
They so are. I hope someday you can tell your story.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.