Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Late to seeing this, head in the cloud it seems.
Is the person who came out on Reddit, anon name, the same person that is eleanor on twitter?

Reactions: 3
Last summer there was a raft of guys exposed on Irish Twitter as creepy sexual predators. The majority of them had cloaked themselves in being super woke, being involved in Repeal campaigns, massive support for #metoo stories. They had entrenched themselves so much in this woke persona but they were really just trying to disguise their past /current actions.

So many girls came forward with stories about different guys at the time. All of the performative wokeness is similar to the Eoghan hating Weinstein/calling out Hook etc... Shout loud about how great you are now and hope the small voices of your past victims stay unheard.

I feel sorry for Roe if she didn't know, I think she has a genuine voice and I imagine she will get some flack for her brothers behaviour which will be misplaced anger. You'd be frequently surprised how family members are oblivious to the nasty side of their relations. Guys who love their mammy and sisters and treat them like goddesses but knock 7 sorts of shi*e out of their partners behind closed doors. These guys are dangerous because they cultivate this 'nice guy' persona and then use it to gaslight their victims
Where does one find this list of exposed men?!

Is the person who came out on Reddit, anon name, the same person that is eleanor on twitter?
Yes

Reactions: 2
it seems to be, she's using the Eleanor Rigby name to be anonymous on twitter (said it in a tweet). It's not just her though - after her reddit post (which she had to keep reposting it & has been screenshotted elsewhere because it kept getting deleted), a lot of other girls came forward as they realized they weren't the only ones.

Reactions: 5
The list is gone as are any tweets about it , one person in particular on that list , he has a guitar and a ginger beard and one a big award (sorry don’t know the rules about posting names )
I remember seeing hundreds of tweets about him and they are all gone , shows the pull some of these people have . A lot of Irish musicians and comedians were named on it.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
The list is gone as are any tweets about it , one person in particular on that list , he has a guitar and a ginger beard and one a big award (sorry don’t know the rules about posting names )
I remember seeing hundreds of tweets about him and they are all gone , shows the pull some of these people have . A lot of Irish musicians and comedians were named on it.
Glen Hansard? 🙊

Reactions: 8
I googled the above name + sexual allegations and it brought me to a Reddit page with a number of Irish musicians and comedians listed!

Reactions: 4
Just about the Roe comments - she's spoken openly about being sexually assaulted herself so I'd imagine this is really traumatic for her. It's awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Where does one find this list of exposed men?!

I’d love to see this list

In my heyday pre kids etc I was out in town a lot, a lot..pubs clubs gigs after parties etc

3 different high profile Irish male ‘celebs’ made unwanted unsolicited sexual advances towards me on different occasions

Nothing like this girl and I was in my 20’s but
2 were married at the time,..tried to kiss/grope me and one just a plain groper..

I removed myself from all situations and nothing happened like that poor girl
My friends were shocked but laughed it off on the nights out
Just another occasion of Randy hand roaming men we’d encounter but these were famous in Ireland

All men are still in the public eye on National tv/newspapers
2 very much so one even semi internationally
One divorced

One was a good 20 years older than me, one around same age and one about 10 years older

The married men carried on in this gross way in public on these occasions, no hiding what they were at

I know this might be annoying but I won’t be naming them
I dont want to identify myself as my friends all know the men etc and I need somewhere to slag FBG’s beard /Rosie Beige Conn etc anonymously

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The story of Hansard is public knowledge. He met his co star in Once when she was 13, he was in his 30's. They only went public with their relationship when she turned legal. It's disgusting. And there have been several other allegations against him he's
just able to make any discussion of it on twitter magically disappear. Any one who speaks is threatened into silence.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
The statistics for rape cases even going to trial, never mind the accuser winning, are so dire that I don’t blame anyone for speaking out about it on social media instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The statistics for rape cases even going to trial, never mind the accuser winning, are so dire that I don’t blame anyone for speaking out about it on social media instead.

Yes!! Also social media doesn't make it any easier on women. You just have to look at some horrible comments to see the verbal abuse victims get coming forward on SM.

It's sad that it had to come to publishing your story on SM to get heard and that blame is on the disgraceful way in which our country deal with victims and the lax laws in place that basically give perpetrators a slap on the wrist.

Social media at least, Blows it up and puts pressure on the system to act in the best interest of the women and ensures that justice takes centre stage (or at least puts heavy pressure on)

Also duck RTE - the gall of them to cover it up with a big goodbye as if eoghan was the nation's sweetheart and yanno, not what he was- a sicko preying on (what appears to be) predominantly young girls.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.