Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shocking. Dirty bastard whoever it is. Saw a tweet saying it has to be someone connected to FF/FG/Greens because if it was a member of the opposition you can be sure the name would have conveniently been leaked by now. Thought it was a very good point. I have a feeling that whoever it is isn't 'out'. Gay friends of mine have always said that in their experience the closeted married men are the most worrying/sinister on the Dublin scene.

Reactions: 9
Hilarious post from boards.ie
Tbh, that post is going against what the majority of this thread is about. It's slagging off the "I believe her" movement. Saying that evidence and a trial of peers is the only way to prove a sexual abuse case. When the data shows that a huge amount of these cases don't make it to court, and that the system is flawed.

Reactions: 4
Why is it assumed that the politician is gay? Do women just automatically get a pass because they are women? Women can be as much predators as men. Gay or straight

Reactions: 3
Why is it assumed that the politician is gay? Do women just automatically get a pass because they are women? Women can be as much predators as men. Gay or straight
Agree with you about assuming it’s a gay person but it does appear to be a male politician, as opposed to a woman, as the article refers to them as “he”.

Reactions: 13
I just hate the direct launch to the 2 “out” politicians. It could very well be any politician. Male / female & any sexual orientation. Sexual assault rarely has anything to do with sexual attraction and more to do with power & control.

Agree with you about assuming it’s a gay person but it does appear to be a male politician, as opposed to a woman, as the article refers to them as “he”.
Just saw “he” 👍🏼

Reactions: 5
Saw a tweet saying it has to be someone connected to FF/FG/Greens because if it was a member of the opposition you can be sure the name would have conveniently been leaked by now. Thought it was a very good point.
That's pretty poor logic for many reasons IMO. Apart from anything, the term "politician" doesn't necessarily mean a TD. It doesn't even need to be someone connected to any party.

I really wish people wouldn't use a case like this as a way to criticise a party they dislike.

Edit: The name also should not be "conveniently leaked" because it would damage the actual case against whoever it is. I should copy/paste my comments earlier in this thread, but if you want actual justice that means ensuring whoever it is ends up in court.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Oh wow wonder how major is major? Like could it be Leo or Roderic? Can't think of any other ministers who are gay
Hope its not Leo. I know Matt and he's a gent.

Absolute scum. They'll get away with it too.

I’ve heard a name from a family member who works quite closely with senior FG figures and says it’s one of there’s . It’s not Leo.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
McD hasn't posted a thing since he finished up with 2fm. It must be killing him since he wasn't shy of sharing his opinion on Twitter or showing off his white privelege lifestyle on Instagram.

Reactions: 12
Do we know for certain that his relationship with Aoife is over? Would be messy with the house etc. He came across bitter enough when everything was going well for him. I can only imagine what he’s like now. I think it’s safe to say his career in media is over regardless of the outcome of these allegations. He was a good presenter but I didn’t like the way he talked down to Doireann and you could hear his dislike of her, very unprofessional.

Reactions: 2
Do we know for certain that his relationship with Aoife is over? Would be messy with the house etc. He came across bitter enough when everything was going well for him. I can only imagine what he’s like now. I think it’s safe to say his career in media is over regardless of the outcome of these allegations. He was a good presenter but I didn’t like the way he talked down to Doireann and you could hear his dislike of her, very unprofessional.
In fairness Doireann is very unlikeable. I think I would find it hard to hide my distain for her as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
In fairness Doireann is very unlikeable. I think I would find it hard to hide my distain for her as well.
My cousin used to do a lot of work for RTE a few years ago and met her through Eoghan who he was very close too. He said she's just as unlikeable as she comes across on TV. Dunno how she got so far or Eoghan either. Both unlikeable. Need a young version of Bryan Dobson. So likeable.

It was my cousins 40th last Winter and Whitmore legit text him where her invite was. It was just close family. Like we've no one left whos likeable anymore cause its just about the money now. Like Tommy Bowe presenting is a piss take.

Reactions: 11
Someone in this thred said they live beside him and had seen Aoife, but that was a few weeks ago

I think he bought the house before they got back together iirc

He was a shocking presenter, but RTE kept pushing him. Just stole his ideas from BBC radio and Ian Stirling.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.