Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Plainwhited

Eoghan's silence is deafening. Surely if he was innocent he would be shouting it from the rooftops. He will never recover from this either way.

Reactions: 11

brandambassador

VIP Member
I was raped 22 years ago by someone I was seeing. I’ve never told anyone, other than this which is still anonymous, and I probably never will. I don’t know whether it’s because of this but I always always believe the woman/man that they were attacked. I believe that the vast majority of people who make these accusations are telling the truth and I see that the courts system let them down.
i am sorry and i believe you. I always believe people too, I get it. x

• Heart

Roundthegarden

Chatty Member
I know exactly who you mean and he’s a noted creep. Years and years ago he did some show where he lived in Irish towns and worked in local businesses like hotels and swimming pools.... he did it in Tralee Aquadome and its well known fact that more than one of the underage lifeguards were pulled into the showers with him. He’s disgusting
I think his fiancee now is 29, if we're thinking of the same person, she's a US reality star? I read an article recently where she said she was having the best sex of her life with him! 🤮
It's terrible really that these guys think they can get away with it. I know of a fairly well known GAA star who was constantly texting a friend of mine very lewd messages. And he's a married man too.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow

IAmLamp

I’d say they’re probably testing her out with other presenters to see who will fit as someone said above.
The rugby guy was SHITE & it has been very wishy washy since Eoghan left with her off filming for her tv show.
It would be great if they got someone (a guy I hope) that had good chemistry with her cos she really can’t carry the show herself & the girls that she has been on with sound too much like her so I can’t distinguish who is talking.
It’s unfortunate for her that her award she won for best breakfast show is probably tarnished now because of he who shall not be named.
I thought herself and Marty Guilfoyle were good together on Spin.

Heidi77

VIP Member
Another post of the dog from him again this evening with the “You’ve got a friend in me” song from Toy story playing over it. Obviously a nod to the fact a lot of his friends bailed on him except the dog.
If only the dog knew...

• Haha

Stopwillya

I am telling the truth and it is horrible. It happens way more often than people think. I have no reason to lie?

You automatically doubt if I am telling the truth (which is healthy and normal) but a stranger who made her accusation on social media against a wealthy man you fully believe? 🤔
And what about the article written by Ronan Farrow had that not come about then that scum Harvey Weinstein would still be getting away with his shit.Yes you know of one isolated case which is terrible that a man's life was ruined by being blamed in the wrong but saying because the girl went on social media & E MC D is wealthy is irrelevant she probably felt it was the only place she'd be heard. If he's nothing to hide the justice will be served either way. But as we speak I'm sure there are people at the same shit & worse that he is accused of & will get away with it because of power or that the victim is scared someone like you will question why she turned to social media, it's an outlet for communication if she wasn't been heard anywhere else & watching as he went on living his life hiding behind causes if she has managed to stop him from doing it again I applaud her. I do believe her & I'm sure where there's one victim there's more.I am also speaking from experience

• Heart

CatVonMe

Chatty Member
What does that even mean? Would you feel less sorry for her if she worked in McDonalds or Tesco? I find this attitude in Ireland so bizarre.
Doctors can be high profile jobs in small communities, and if you’re from a small area like I am everyone knows who the local doctors are. I’d imagine if you worked in McDonalds you could at least maintain a bit of anonymity.

Reactions: 10

Goujon

Chatty Member
like his insufferable Woker-Than-Thou sister Roe.
Ugh I cannot hack her , the columns in the Irish Times are infuriating.
If a girl wrote in saying that she was cheating on her boyfriend and also murdered the boyfriend's dog, Roe would still find a way to blame the man for it all

• Haha

Thegoodlife

VIP Member
I get that it’s not the point I’m trying to make but the way the media are speaking about him you’d swear it was a high profile DJ like Dave Fanning who left the station after being there 20+ years

I 100% get that nobody is allowed to acknowledge the allegations due to legal process but WHY ARE THEY STILL TALKING ABOUT HIM LIKE HE WILL BE MISSED

look up the term “gaslighting”
It’s all I’m thinking of with the current situation
They need to shut up talking about him if they don’t want (or are legally allowed) to talk about him

(edited to fix typos)
Yes!!! 100% this!!!

No one is expecting anyone in rte to come out and announce anything is true or untrue.

I expected RTÉ to announce he is gone, won’t be returning end of story.

Instead they have listed when he started, all his accomplishments like it’s his bloody glowing cv they are reciting.

I feel there was no need for that.

• Heart

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
It will not influence or be bias to put a full stop halfway down that statement without all his achievements.
It would absolutely stand out if they did that as it is completely different to the standard article when someone leaves. A 2-3 line article saying he has left would be jumped on by social media as evidence.

It's also unfair to use the "think of the victim" line. The reason I am arguing this is because if he is guilty of this, I want it to not get quashed in court because of media commentary.

Vesuvius

It’s already out there, people who are aware of the allegations have most likely already made up their minds. It’s why there is a process to choosing a jury.

I really feel the alleged victim who spoke out did so in order to encourage others to come forward as she may have already been denied justice.
However, if there are other alleged victims then they could take their own case.
Strength in numbers and all that

*edited to add*
I could be 100% wrong but the twitterings last year regarding him leaving 2fm could have had something to do with the girl who has spoken out. She could have gone to the Gards then and he was interviewed but no charges were brought at the time.
Obviously, this is just an assumption.

Totally get you, but I have two sisters one in their twenties and one in their thirties. They are both on social media but me talking about it yesterday was the first they heard of it. My husband was the same. Can't imagine my parents are aware. Point being, it's out there, but it's not in papers or splashed everywhere. You have to go look for it.

I would agree with you though. I'd say some more victims have come forward and that's what's going on with the blackout.

Siobs

VIP Member
Roz was definitely in on the joke because they were joking about it after. They are all friends

panpan1

I’d love to see Blathnaid Treacy and Stephen Byrne take over the morning slot , all Doireann has is her impersonations of z list Irish celebs which are so old now and cringe. They need to stop trying to copy British radio styles of breakfast show it doesn’t work here.

Sandyclaws

VIP Member
RTE is an absolute fucking sewerpit, the best thing that could happen to that rotten organization and for Irish society would be to let It go bust. The same goes for a wide section of the Mainstream Media in Ireland who for the most part spout the same views as RTE.

It took Gemma O'Doherty (yes she spouts many crackpot theories) to expose that serial Paedophile, John McClean because the disgusting mainstream Media/RTE wouldn't expose him because in many cases they associated in the same chummy Rugby circles.

I think that's the worst thing about the way Gemmaroid turned out, because she was a half decent journalist and did a great doc on the Mary Boyle disappearance.

It's such a shame she's gone to the dogs

brandambassador

VIP Member
I follow eoghans girlfriend (maybe ex?) on social media. Today she posted a pic at beach in grey stones and announced a new job/move there.

CailínBeag

VIP Member
This was 100% written by a man and I highly suspect Eoghan or a friend of him stupidly wrote it, the language used would only be written by a man, eg “girl says”, no woman would refer to another as “girl”, secondly “so that’s bollox” and “sounds like shite” , also male phrases.

I dont know those are all phases/sentence structures that I would use. Not agreeing/,disagreeing with your post but it just seems a little too black and white