Enjoying being Emma #5 Face like a slapped arse, can’t wait to get back to her claas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often wonder how her own childhood was, I wonder if she was treated how she treats James and Hattie and so now feels as an adult she deserves all these nice things that she was never given and is creating the same cycle for them. You see it with the dolls house post the other day, she clearly loved that and is now expecting her own children too, which I doubt James will from what we see online.
I don’t for a second think she’s hard up. She just likes to spend money on herself. Her priorities are all wrong as a parent. It’s always about her and how a situation makes her feel. Like James at swimming, he nearly drowned ( according to her) but she made the whole post about herself and how it affected her having to get back in the pool.
she baffles me!

Reactions: 8
I remember her saying that when she was a child she was so upset that parents got her a picture only advent calendar … but as an adult respected the decision to not give chocolate due to bad eating habits/obesity (or some bull crap) and then justifies that’s why she gives her child a picture advent. Surely her being upset as a child should be the reason to get her kids a chocolate advent? Not giving him her distorted eating habits?

Reactions: 12
If anything, restricting food like chocolate is what’s going to give them disordered eating. When you put it on a pedestal, that’s what makes them obsess over it (you’d think she’d be aware of that from her own experience)

Reactions: 5
Which is exactly what happened in her case as to why she ended up so over weight to start with. So why on earth does she think going down the same route won’t affect her kids like it did her.

Reactions: 3
Just like when she only used to let James have one of the baby biscuits a week!

Reactions: 1
Maybe she’s jealous seeing them have a better childhood than she did so she tries to make them as miserable as her

Reactions: 2
Yeah I genuinely think she thinks “well I had to do this so they do too” even if it’s something that she didn’t enjoy/made her feel bad. It’s like she’s decided the way her parents brought her up is THE way to do it.

I agree every interaction with her kids is about her. She isn’t maternal at all. Baffles me that she had 2 kids but again this is because it’s what she thinks she ‘should’ do.

She needs therapy. She overanalyses and plans things so regimented that she sucks the fun out of everything. Those poor kids are gonna be as miserable as her.

Reactions: 7
I've never understood when she's always said it takes James 4 months to get used to the clock change. Every time.

I’ve got to say the autumn clock change always does me dirty as well! Mine is up at 5/5:15 normally and as of tomorrow it’ll be 4/4:15.
No matter how late bedtime is, putting them back down, refusing to engage blah blah blah, it doesnt change until the clocks go forward again 🥴

This is the one and only issue I sympathise with her on 🤣

I don’t get it either. We always push bed time the night before, and it’s pitch black at 4am so it’s a case of saying “go back to bed”. Which my kids have always done and my son is a terrible sleeper. She’s very odd. I’m not sure I get her parenting style. At least in those pictures there are no reigns in sight. It does baffle me how she moans about going on a walk and the kids stepping in puddles and mud. Isn’t that normal for kids? I actively encourage it (and take part). Boring cow

I’ve got to say the autumn clock change always does me dirty as well! Mine is up at 5/5:15 normally and as of tomorrow it’ll be 4/4:15.
No matter how late bedtime is, putting them back down, refusing to engage blah blah blah, it doesnt change until the clocks go forward again 🥴

Oh no!! My sympathies will be with you tomorrow am 😬

She’s literally moaning about something that might not even happened yet. I very much doubt it took James 4 months to get used to a 1 hour clock change, a couple of days max maybe, but if he truly did it doesn’t mean it will happen this time

Good to see she’s up and moaning about a hypothetical situation that might not happen.

Jesus woman are you ever happy? Also do not need a photo of your miserable mug accompanying every whinge.

Maybe we're just lucky then. I've never understood it.
If the clocks are going back, we just pop them to bed half an hour later and than normal and they make wake up a little early the next day and then just normal bed time and we're back to normal.

Their rooms are pitch black though and always have been so I don't know if that's why

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.