Enjoying being Emma #5 Face like a slapped arse, can’t wait to get back to her claas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely at this point... Its her and maybe John too that's the issue?

I've got 3 kids.
And never have I had every single outing where both kids have had meltdowns every time and that they've been so awful?
She needs to look at her parenting.

Reactions: 9
She’s just showing all these ‘issues’ are her:.
Her being miserable
Her being sad
Her being negative
Her being rude about the children.
She’s the problem. If I was John, I would be tooting my way out in my CLAAS tractor away from her.

Losing weight never made her happy, getting married never made her happy, having James never made her happy, having Hattie never made her happy.

It’s actually so sad how miserable she is with the lovely kids she has..

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Why is her kid awake from 11pm until 3.45am? That is worrying. It’s not a one off either which you could shrug your shoulders at and get over it. It’s so often. I really think she needs to be getting that looked at because it is not normal. One thing I’d start with is putting them both to bed later than 6pm.

I feel harsh saying this but literally she needs a reality check and a slap. Moaning about her little ones sleeping again and adding in an ‘exhausted’ picture for full effect…. For somebody who’s job is to work with children, albeit older ones I know, why is the trials of parenthood so alien to her

Attachments

Also she doesn't NEED to do the baking or cleaning of the house. I think she puts way to much pressure on everyone to have the perfect family picture.

They need to do a bedtime of 7pm for hattie and then 7.30 for James. Also no naps during day if not sleeping at night!!! She likes to get them to bed early so she can have a 3 hour bath.

For being a secondary school teacher she's not very clever

Reactions: 14
For my own sanity and to get some sleep I'd just stick her in bed with me 🤷🏼‍♀️ my son was an absolute nightmare for waking too. He's only just starting to settle in his own bed now aged 4. Some kids are just like that, it's life. Can't help but think she's being super dramatic going by all her other posts and how she freaks out over the tiniest thing

She's an attention seeking head

Reactions: 8
She’s been banging on about her lack of sleep for ages you would think she would have absolutely tried different approaches by now …. But nope! Still the same routine so she can still moan.

I get sleep training methods aren’t for everyone but there’s plenty of things she could change/try and she just doesn’t and guessing she’s waiting for a miracle and she will just start sleeping. But if when you wake you mum is going to come to you and take you downstairs watch tv or what ever she bloody does then ofc she’s going to keep waking up.

I really don't know what she expects when she still let's James nap, and clearly Hattie doesn't need one anymore either.
Also putting them in bed before 6 sometimes. Especially Hattie.
My kids at that age has a 6pm bed time. But it works for us.
My daughter is 3 months older than Hattie and she did this for a bit, around 10 months so we tried all sorts, later bed time, more nap, less nap.
Until we find what works best.
We also do not leave her room. Nor does she get out the cot.
Which is Emmas biggest mistake. She's always taken them downstairs, lights on, put the TV on. And gets them out of bed.
Of course they're not going to want to go back to bed if they know they can get out and run around and play!

Reactions: 6
I would imagine a big part of it is her attitude. She will be pissed off they have woken her up and it will instantly create an atmosphere. What is so wrong with bringing her in their bed? I’m a big believer in getting sleep how ever you can, absolutely nothing wrong with co sleeping if that works. I would also think she needs engage a professional here to establish what is happening. I wonder if she’s hungry?

I would imagine a big part of it is her attitude. She will be pissed off they have woken her up and it will instantly create an atmosphere. What is so wrong with bringing her in their bed? I’m a big believer in getting sleep how ever you can, absolutely nothing wrong with co sleeping if that works. I would also think she needs engage a professional here to establish what is happening. I wonder if she’s hungry?
This also wouldn't surprise me. She feeds them small meals around 4. Sometimes earlier if James demands it. And then gives them nothing else

Reactions: 5
For my own sanity and to get some sleep I'd just stick her in bed with me 🤷🏼‍♀️ my son was an absolute nightmare for waking too. He's only just starting to settle in his own bed now aged 4. Some kids are just like that, it's life. Can't help but think she's being super dramatic going by all her other posts and how she freaks out over the tiniest thing

She's an attention seeking head
Totally with you on this. Since becoming a parent I’ve developed the mantra of I don’t care where I sleep or who I sleep next to, I just want sleep. Emma needs this mantra

She’s a bleeping plank. Clearly her routine for the kids doesn’t work so anyone with half a brain would change up and try different routines for the kids until something works better for them. She’s too rigid and authoritarian and that doesn’t work with small children. And it’s been mentioned several times, but her crappy attitude will 100% be affecting their behaviour too:

Reactions: 7
Totally with you on this. Since becoming a parent I’ve developed the mantra of I don’t care where I sleep or who I sleep next to, I just want sleep. Emma needs this mantra
100% 🙌 The nights that you're slightly less tired, just pick them up and put them back in their own bed when they fall asleep. If you're exhausted just sleep together. It won't last forever, they're not little for long. Sometimes they crave some comfort from us it's not a bad thing all the time

Emma needs to unclench in every area of her life she'd be so much happier! The small things you spent time on really don't matter when you look back

Found time to go to sainsburys and got hattie christmas clothes for next Christmas half price so she's living at life.

She'll be crying later as not had time to clean up

Reactions: 10
Found time to go to sainsburys and got hattie christmas clothes for next Christmas half price so she's living at life.

She'll be crying later as not had time to clean up
This is why I think she's full of tit. She just acts like a sulky teen. When my son kept me up all night we'd end up in the house all day absolutely knackered. It was torture

Reactions: 6
I can't help but think about what she must say to the kids though. Based on the things James says about being bad and not loving her and whatever else.
I just can't help but think that's all the things she says to them when they're not "behaving" and it makes me so sad that she's possibly saying all these things to the kids.
And based on the things she writes online about them, it wouldn't surprise me either.

James not sleeping would be worrying but not so much Hattie, they go through a sleep regression around her age and I remember the nights of random 3-4 hour wake ups in the middle of the night. The issue is she takes them downstairs, turns on the lights and puts tv on! We used to keep my daughter in her cot in a dark room and even if she was awake, we’d just sleep on the floor next to her. All they need to learn is that they’re safe in the middle of the night and you’re still there, eventually they’ll grow out of the wake ups or continue to wake regularly but feel safe enough to go back to sleep without calling for you; if they’re learning that a wake up gets them extra tv time of course they’re going to kick off every time they wake up!

Reactions: 7
So both kids are now napping. Though she's not complaining. Be a pic at 1am of her racing that they won't sleep

My sprog dropped his daytime sleeps at like 18 months... and still didn't sleep at night no matter what time I put him to bed 😵💫 fun times! 😄 he still gets in my bed now but largely sleeps in his own... she's just a moany martyr control freak. Her kids will have permanent upset stomachs from her passive aggressive vibes spilling out every single day

What are they getting for Xmas this year? A Readers Digest voucher? Some sugar free wethers originals? Or a copy of the Radio Times? 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Is it bad I hope the outfits don’t fit Hattie this time next year just to piss her off 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.