English channel migrant crossing crisis #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
6 nurses sitting outside his room at the nurses station chatting.
This happened when I was in hospital and my mum had to come to rescue me because the incompetence from all was so bad... that was in 2015, way before Covid became the best excuse any hospital ever had for their failings.

Nurses are held up as heroes and while I know there will be great nurses who go above and beyond and are a credit to their profession, I have experienced more of the bad kind by far, which I am very sorry to say.

Even 20 odd years ago I remember nurses being utterly foul to my grandad at the time for no reason.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Did they confiscate the gear and scales from him before they set him up in a hotel 🙄
LOL. Takes me back to my days in uniform. I’m my experience marijuana/cannabis users were all “gentle, mellow harmless” people …. until such time when you tried to confiscate their stash in which case their inner Ghengis Khan was released in a flurry of expletives, threatened (and actual) violence, extreme victimhood, and usually tear stained verbal treatise about the relative assiness of the law.

Addiction 101.

Reactions: 8
LOL. Takes me back to my days in uniform. I’m my experience marijuana/cannabis users were all “gentle, mellow harmless” people …. until such time when you tried to confiscate their stash in which case their inner Ghengis Khan was released in a flurry of expletives, threatened (and actual) violence, extreme victimhood, and usually tear stained verbal treatise about the relative assiness of the law.

Addiction 101.
Literally fresh off the boat and able to score but doesn’t know British laws 😂

Literally fresh off the boat and able to score but doesn’t know British laws 😂
Well I suppose it does fit into the narrative from the usual suspects that they are simultaneously gifted Polymaths and desperately naïve victims of circumstance who don’t even know what a passport is.

The Right, both Centre and Far, making gains across Europe.

There surely has to come a time when "I refuse to engage with or platform racists" stops being a legitimate answer, because the Far Right seems to be doing a more than adequate job of platforming themselves.

Does another European Hitler have to emerge before the powers that be move out of their bubble and ask why so many people in so many countries are simultaneously turning to extremists?

Reactions: 6
I watched The Americas With Simon Reeves last night whereby he happened upon a few Equadorian women and children trying to cross the border into America. Considering how horrible life is for a lot of those in such countries (from what I heard a few years ago, some families have only the equivalent of a few £s a month to live on for food, etc - dire conditions by all accounts) who could blame them for taking a chance and wanting to provide a better life for themselves and their children? Aren't we all deserving of a decent sort of life no matter where we were born? The women & children all looked worn out & frightened. I couldn't help thinking how grateful they'd probably be if their crossing was successful and they could settle in the USA and make a good life. My heart really went out to them.

Then I thought about the dinghy crossers here, supposedly fleeing persecution, etc. Hundreds of thousands of arrogant, angry men - some already armed with knives, etc - arriving here from an already safe country, having torn up their IDs along the way and chucking them into the sea, disembarking on our shores while at the same time giving the middle finger to anyone filming them. Then when most of them get here and are housed/put up in hotels, etc, are they in any way grateful to the UK for helping them? No, all they seem to want to do is turn the UK (and Ireland!) into the country they left behind. Demanding, wrecking (and worse) thinking all females of all ages are fair game for their perversions, and also wanting to continue their horrible cultures and archaic living of the country they left behind ... and apparently didn't like.

I honestly believe the majority of us would welcome and accommodate any genuine needy person and would be glad to help them, I know I would. But there's needy and there's taking the fcuking piss, and the way the tide is turning atm, it seems many have woken up to this piss-taking, and it's not before time. And long may it continue.

As I've said before on here, when even the people of Ireland - the most charitable and welcoming of people - have turned, and realized what's happening, ie, immigrants given priority over just about everything, including housing, it's time to take notice. Time for the citizens of the UK to take notice too. I think we have, but it may already be too late.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I watched The Americas With Simon Reeves last night whereby he happened upon a few Equadorian women and children trying to cross the border into America. Considering how horrible life is for a lot of those in such countries (from what I heard a few years ago, some families have only the equivalent of a few £s a month to live on for food, etc - dire conditions by all accounts) who could blame them for taking a chance and wanting to provide a better life for themselves and their children? Aren't we all deserving of a decent sort of life no matter where we were born? The women & children all looked worn out & frightened. I couldn't help thinking how grateful they'd probably be if their crossing was successful and they could settle in the USA and make a good life. My heart really went out to them.

Then I thought about the dinghy crossers here, supposedly fleeing persecution, etc. Hundreds of thousands of arrogant, angry men - some already armed with knives, etc - arriving here from an already safe country, having torn up their IDs along the way and chucking them into the sea, disembarking on our shores while at the same time giving the middle finger to anyone filming them. Then when most of them get here and are housed/put up in hotels, etc, are they in any way grateful to the UK for helping them? No, all they seem to want to do is turn the UK (and Ireland!) into the country they left behind. Demanding, wrecking (and worse) thinking all females of all ages are fair game for their perversions, and also wanting to continue their horrible cultures and archaic living of the country they left behind ... and apparently didn't like.

I honestly believe the majority of us would welcome and accommodate any genuine needy person and would be glad to help them, I know I would. But there's needy and there's taking the fcuking piss, and the way the tide is turning atm, it seems many have woken up to this piss-taking, and it's not before time. And long may it continue.

As I've said before on here, when even the people of Ireland - the most charitable and welcoming of people - have turned, and realized what's happening, ie, immigrants given priority over just about everything, including housing, it's time to take notice. Time for the citizens of the UK to take notice too. I think we have, but it may already be too late.
You've hit the nail on the head! Of course everyone is deserving of a better life. But to come to a country and just wreck and ruin and carry knives, have a perversion in young girls and willing to act on those perversions, without caring of the consequences. And for the women and children too, who come and would steal the eye out of your head and come back for the socket. Something needs to change.
Where's the respect for the countries that's bending over backwards to accommodate you at the cost of it's citizens. Could you imagine going to their countries and acting in this way. We'd be stoned and have our heads chopped off as quick as they'd look at you.

It's gone too far now, and I'm not sure how the UK will come back from it. I always remember watching UK border force show on sky. When they caught an illegal immigrant, they intervied them, released them with a date in 2 weeks to come back. At the end of the programme every single one of them had absconded. Like wheres the logic and sense. Of course they'll do a runner and not turn up if there's a chance they'll be deported. Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
How will Labour deal with the far right European governments 🤔
What Labour say they’ll do and what Labour actually do are historically speaking often distant bedfellows. And it always seems to involve the recruitment of extra staff, which will take months to train, the training of course being carried out by the exact same civil servants who have proven so spectacularly incapable of running an effective immigration service.

At least the mood music coming from Starmer suggests that the Far Left who were hoping for Open Borders are going to be very disappointed. But it must be remembered Starmer is a politician…..
---
My understanding of Starmer’s position, other than to throw more “fully costed” money at it, is to negotiate with European partners for return agreements. It’s gonna be mighty difficult to do that with an anti-immigrant French Parliament if National Action win the upcoming parliamentary election. Even more so with a newly strongly right leaning European Parliament who frankly couldn’t agree on the length of a sausage. Hasn’t Labours position always been that you don’t platform or negotiate with racists? What do you do if the racists are running the EU?

Just as Joe “Build bridges not walls” Biden has been forced to, well build a wall,

I would bet my mortgage that in a few years Starmer will be looking at a Rwanda solution.

Last edited:
What Labour say they’ll do and what Labour actually do are historically speaking often distant bedfellows. And it always seems to involve the recruitment of extra staff, which will take months to train, the training of course being carried out by the exact same civil servants who have proven so spectacularly incapable of running an effective immigration service.

At least the mood music coming from Starmer suggests that the Far Left who were hoping for Open Borders are going to be very disappointed. But it must be remembered Starmer is a politician…..
---
My understanding of Starmer’s position, other than to throw more “fully costed” money at it, is to negotiate with European partners for return agreements. It’s gonna be mighty difficult to do that with an anti-immigrant French Parliament if National Action win the upcoming parliamentary election. Even more so with a newly strongly right leaning European Parliament who frankly couldn’t agree on the length of a sausage. Hasn’t Labours position always been that you don’t platform or negotiate with racists? What do you do if the racists are running the EU?

Just as Joe “Build bridges not walls” Biden has been forced to, well build a wall,

I would bet my mortgage that in a few years Starmer will be looking at a Rwanda solution.
If anything, National Action will more than likely stop the large number coming into France in the first place. They have had enough of the invasion too.

Although I agree with many of your posts, i will pull you up on 'racists'.

Wanting control of your borders, and greater control of who comes into, and lives in your country - is not racist, nor bigoted.

Those with an ounce of sense can clearly see 'open borders' is benefitting no one. Even many people in other EU states have had enough, hence the EU's general lurch to the right.

Usually those that like to bandy around such words towards others, are indeed proving themselves to be just that. With a certain country and its people in the Middle East (and the UK/Europe) at present...

They like to define their own definition of racism and bigotry, which clearly does not apply to certain people they do not like.

Reactions: 9
If anything, National Action will more than likely stop the large number coming into France in the first place. They have had enough of the invasion too.

Although I agree with many of your posts, i will pull you up on 'racists'.

Wanting control of your borders, and greater control of who comes into, and lives in your country - is not racist, nor bigoted.

Those with an ounce of sense can clearly see 'open borders' is benefitting no one. Even many people in other EU states have had enough, hence the EU's general lurch to the right.

Usually those that like to bandy around such words towards others, are indeed proving themselves to be just that. With a certain country and its people in the Middle East (and the UK/Europe) at present...

They like to define their own definition of racism and bigotry, which clearly does not apply to certain people they do not like.
May be wrong but maybe neverenough was meaning those who are pro illegal immigration, casually speak of'racists'.

Reactions: 5
May be wrong but maybe neverenough was meaning those who are pro illegal immigration, casually speak of'racists'.
Yes, they were just pointing out how people are given the racist label for showing any negativity around immigration and how pro gov will engage with their far- right counterparts.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I'm sorry if my intention wasn't clear but I was making a point about how the meaning of words like racism and Far Right have been used so much to render them meaningless. This is a interesting read on the phenomena.

I particularly subscribe to the Horseshoe Theory which suggests that far right and far left basically morph into one. Case in point the current "Queers for Palestine" movement. As I said earlier if ever there was a definition of a movement akin to Slugs For Salt that is it. An openly gay person would be prosecuted or even executed in most radical Islamist countries. That is just truth. And whatever the wrongs and rights of the situation Hamas is a radical Islamist organisation, and Hamas is Gaza. I've heard of useful idiots, but never suicidal ones.

And as I said how is Starmer going to negotiate a return agreement with a French Parliament which is ideologically opposed to taking any new asylum seekers from anywhere?

Yeah I'm sorry if my intention wasn't clear but I was making a point about how the meaning of words like racism and Far Right have been used so much to render them meaningless. This is a interesting read on the phenomena.

I particularly subscribe to the Horseshoe Theory which suggests that far right and far left basically morph into one. Case in point the current "Queers for Palestine" movement. As I said earlier if ever there was a definition of a movement akin to Slugs For Salt that is it. An openly gay person would be prosecuted or even executed in most radical Islamist countries. That is just truth. And whatever the wrongs and rights of the situation Hamas is a radical Islamist organisation, and Hamas is Gaza. I've heard of useful idiots, but never suicidal ones.

And as I said how is Starmer going to negotiate a return agreement with a French Parliament which is ideologically opposed to taking any new asylum seekers from anywhere?
Yes, that's what confuses me, either queers for Palestine are far right as they are supporting the far right or as you say they are so far left that they've reached the far right by default :unsure:

Reactions: 4
Yes, that's what confuses me, either queers for Palestine are far right as they are supporting the far right or as you say they are so far left that they've reached the far right by default :unsure:
The Far Left is simply the Far Right suffering from delusions of intellectual superiority. Case in point.

The way she thought she had completed a Mike drop is borderline hilarious 😅😅😅

For context the most wildly held historical consensus is that Jesus lived and died about 600 years before the formation of Islam.

Reactions: 5
Loved the Sex Pistols back in the day. Lydon was a twit, he’s aware he’s a twit. But he ain’t wrong.