English channel migrant crossing crisis #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a guy today (previously a NASS client, now granted refugee status) refuse to move into the hotel that our homeless section had offered him. Therefore he's lost his section 28 and out on the streets

This is basically my job and it's been going on for months. Today Rishi mentioned the 50 hotels that have been turned back over to the communities after the asylum seekers were dispersed. What he didn't say is that they are immediately rebooked back in under section 122 of that particular council's homeless policy.

My advice for Rishi. Forget Rwanda, if you want to stop the boats, do a leaflet drop on the Calais shores of pics of the hotel accommodation in my town. Earlier this week I was told that one of my clients took one look at it and he refused the placement, thereby losing his right to any future placements. God knows where he is now.
Probably in Ireland 😂 they definitely need to get the literature to Calais before they spend their hard earned pennies ..Why did he refuse the hotel?

Reactions: 2
And in a similar vein I haven't seen anyone arguing for net zero immigration, racial profiling or repatriation of minority groups, yet the "far right" moniker is thrown around like confetti as well. Is this a racist he'll hole or not? You use words like cruel and inhumane on a regular basis. Yet I see no evidence of large scale violence against any asylum seeker. The worst you can say is they can't work and live on a barge. Cruel is a judgement call, but that's an awful low bar.

I've seen quite a few corking head scratching suggestions as well, ranging from automatic right to work, to being plucked off the beach and trained as paramedics (my particular favourite).

But at least we agree on one thing. No borders is a monumentally stupid idea and virtually everyone accepts that some form of immigration control is essential. Small steps....
IMO at least one person has been fairly open about being opposed to all immigration (and attracted 'likes' for doing so) and one could argue that while another has not argued for racial profiling has demonstrated it.

I don't think this thread has regularly contained accusations of posters being 'far right' or 'racist' and to my recollection the poster who has most commonly been told they are racist is one sympathetic to asylum seekers.

I am sure we all agree that some form of immigration control is required. However while you see this as 'small steps' towards a consensus it is not going to be achieved if others are also making 'small steps' in the opposite direction.

Reactions: 4
I’m pretty sure there have been multiple times people outright or subtly alluded to the great replacement theory 🤭

Some of the language echoes the far right too and that’s not accidental. The way radicalisation works these days is that “extreme” ideas are packaged in pretty little boxes and ideas that are seen as more acceptable than outright racism and discrimination

Protesting outside hotels? Just your average concerned local person not at all influenced by far right groups

fairly interesting article on how the far right and language all link together:
This 100%. A case in point in Nigel Farage. He dresses up as a country gentleman and comes across as the cheery bloke in the pub who likes a pint and a bit of banter, but underneath he is a nasty, vindictive, self serving racist. He gets away with it because he knows how to dress up his opinions in ways that appeal to the likeminded without being as obvious as the likes of Nick Griffin. The Tories make an art form of it. They know they can’t come out and say we don’t won’t foreigners here so they use words like “invasion” “illegal” they highlight Asian rape gangs when the are far more white rapists/ gangs but they don’t sell newspapers. It is tribalism, pure and simple, but dress it up the right way and you will find your followers.

• Angry
This is an everyday occurrence atm, gov gaslighting people that security checks are being carried out whilst court cases prove otherwise, we’ve had everything from children being stabbed on school doorsteps to men blowing themselves up in homeless hostels and still people are labelled far right facists for objecting to these vermin being placed amongst them.

Last edited:
  • Sad
View attachment 2701918Do they forfeit DBS checks on these people?
No need to wonder, "these people" require a DBS check to work in the care industry. For any non-UK citizen this requires a biometric residence permit, a valid passport, or a UK driving license with a photo card and counterpart (full or provisional) or where these documents are not available verification of identity through fingerprinting (which can take longer to achieve).
---
'Care workers?' Jesus Christ, give me strength! We've enough of our own 'care workers' already who shouldn't be anywhere near the job. I'm sure the old, infirm and vulnerable in care homes, etc, will be delighted with this news. :eek:
I think what the "old, infirm and vulnerable" would be delighted about is having government that made any attempt to tackle the appalling shortage of care workers and their terrible pay and working conditions.

No need to wonder, "these people" require a DBS check to work in the care industry. For any non-UK citizen this requires a biometric residence permit, a valid passport, or a UK driving license with a photo card and counterpart (full or provisional) or where these documents are not available verification of identity through fingerprinting (which can take longer to achieve).
---

I think what the "old, infirm and vulnerable" would be delighted about is having government that made any attempt to tackle the appalling shortage of care workers and their terrible pay and working conditions.
I thought private firms weren’t party to the care commission? Weren’t some of them bringing in slave labour, exploiting overseas workers through threats and excessive working hours…The government should be incentivising people into H&SC and not reliant on cheap overseas workers, there’s thousands have been forced out thru poor pay, many that saw the job as a vocation.

Last edited:
---

And employing people off dinghies - most of whom already hate the UK, their laws, their way of life, and most importantly - white people ... is helping the situation, how?

Yes, I do agree that we have a real problem re care & care workers here. Some people I know personally have worked in care homes and imo never should have been anywhere near that sort of job. The government is definitely at fault. But adding channel migrants to the mix - you think that's a solution?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The French blasting UK for turning their regions into shitholes.
Rwanda even looks down their noses at us. Migrants take the piss. The state hates it's citizens, soon the countries at war will take aim at us, We've never looked or been weaker, perfect for an invasion. France will take action over these migrants before our own country will :oops: or they'll sue the state and again we will pay. Every country will take a pot shot at us as they know we're useless.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I'm not in the UK but naively wondered why boats that turn up on UK shores are not immediately sent back to their country of origin?
Is there some EU legislation or something that prohibits this, or is there not enough policing to enforce sending boats back.......don't come at me for asking, it looks different from another country and I feel for the people of the UK for having to endure the fallout.

I'm not in the UK but naively wondered why boats that turn up on UK shores are not immediately sent back to their country of origin?
Is there some EU legislation or something that prohibits this, or is there not enough policing to enforce sending boats back.......don't come at me for asking, it looks different from another country and I feel for the people of the UK for having to endure the fallout.
Yes there’s EU legislation that countries signed up to after WWII

Reactions: 1
As monga says, legislation, but I've heard ex MEP Been Habib amongst others claim we can say no. No one in charge here wants to stop them or send them back, they just claim they do in order to stay elected.

And employing people off dinghies - most of whom already hate the UK, their laws, their way of life, and most importantly - white people ...
And in a similar vein I haven't seen anyone arguing for net zero immigration, racial profiling or repatriation of minority groups, yet the "far right" moniker is thrown around like confetti as well.
.... the Far Right have traditionally favoured not only a policy of immigration based primarily on race
Three 'likes' and one 'heart' for a post that seems to meet the @NeverEnough standard for 'far right' and (IMO of course) racism

Reactions: 2