English Channel migrant crossing crisis #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My point still stands ,she could’ve applied direct, but chose not to for reasons known only to herself!
She's the victim of a scam. Why are you focusing on the victim rather than the criminals playing the system? She didn't come here for nefarious reasons.

Reactions: 3
The mystery of why certain people blame the individuals and not he Home Office for not doing enough also continues

You’d think the fake job would be fairly easy to fact check

The mystery of why certain people blame the individuals and not he Home Office for not doing enough also continues

You’d think the fake job would be fairly easy to fact check
Bravermann pretending to do everthing to stop "the invasion of illegals migrants" yet cannot put in place sufficent checks to see if the jobs linked to visas are real.

Reactions: 4
My point still stands ,she could’ve applied direct, but chose not to for reasons known only to herself!
Except that she explained the reason why she used the 'agency'.

Why then the Home office delivered the visa?
I've been reading about a similar scam in Bangladesh and that suggested that the documents from 'The Home Office' are fake.

Reactions: 2
But then, did they enter the UK with a fake visa?
That's not clear. Sky actually ran this story 3 months ago on their "Daily with Niall Paterson" podcast featuring the same journalist that wrote the story featured on Sky today. At that time the story was about people coming from Sri Lanka who had paid 'agents' to find them jobs and obtain visas etc. This made clear that the visas they were given were genuine albeit obtained with fake documents supplied by the 'agency'. It also appears to suggest that at least in some cases, UK employers were complicit in the scam. There's no doubt that at least some of the people using these agents know very well that they are not qualified for the skilled worker visas and are well aware why they are paying the 'agents' so much ( in one case £65,000). Obviously the 'agents' are part of organised crime networks. However it also doesn't say much about the capability of the government nd The Home Office to operate their own system if it is apparently so easy to run this scam.

Also, from my understanding when someone is sponsored for a real skilled worker visa it's the company that pays, not the worker.

Reactions: 1
Except that she explained the reason why she used the 'agency'.

I've been reading about a similar scam in Bangladesh and that suggested that the documents from 'The Home Office' are fake.
Yes it’s makes perfect sense to pay £10,000 to a random stranger when you can access a genuine website and come for free 🤔
---

Yes it’s makes perfect sense to pay £10,000 to a random stranger when you can access a genuine website and come for free 🤔
---
You could say the same about any scam but we usually don't see the victims as the wrong doers because it's not a logical stance to take.

Many scams don't 'make sense' when you get into the detail which is why scammers target the desperate, needy and misinformed. Because they're betting on the chance that they don't know better.

Obviously this woman wasted £10k of her money then ran to the media to expose herself because she's the criminal.

when you can access a genuine website and come for free 🤔
These people don't live in the UK and are likely not fully aware of the visa requirements of procedures

I've also heard that it's very hard to find an employer that is willing to sponsor your visa so it's not hard to see why you may pay someone to do that work for you. Then you probably pay them to fill out whatever paperwork that is required, they probably throw in some extra costs for one reason or another and you're absolutely clueless because you don't understand the system and it quickly adds up

I honestly wouldn't know where to even start if I was looking to move to another country and work there

Anyway, why am I wasting time debating with someone who suggested the woman ask a charity to fly her home 😅

• Haha
Anyway, why am I wasting time debating with someone who suggested the woman ask a charity to fly her home 😅
She is complaining she’s destitute and starving?? I thought NGO ‘s helped illegal immigrants no matter how the came to be here?
---
These people don't live in the UK and are likely not fully aware of the visa requirements of procedures

I've also heard that it's very hard to find an employer that is willing to sponsor your visa so it's not hard to see why you may pay someone to do that work for you. Then you probably pay them to fill out whatever paperwork that is required, they probably throw in some extra costs for one reason or another and you're absolutely clueless because you don't understand the system and it quickly adds up

I honestly wouldn't know where to even start if I was looking to move to another country and work there
But the woman was fully aware she said she chose not to apply direct!

But the woman was fully aware she said she chose not to apply direct!
She said she was aware that there are scammers but clearly didn’t think that this agency was one of them 🤦🏼‍♀️

I thought NGO ‘s helped illegal immigrants no matter how the came to be here?
This isn’t the case at all and I’m not sure if it ever was. A lot of NGOs/charities these days have conditions on who they will help, certain areas don’t have ones local to them so they’re without help as it is

Plus I’m pretty sure that if a charity is set up for a specific purpose (to help asylum seekers/refugees with x or y) and they then start helping people who are not part of that group they can be in a bit of trouble

It's like talking to a bot with stock phrases.

No matter what you say you'll get one of 10 responses :ROFLMAO:
---
Screenshot_20230823_182212_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230823_182253_Samsung Internet.jpg

She is going to a charity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
She said she was aware that there are scammers but clearly didn’t think that this agency was one of them 🤦🏼‍♀️

This isn’t the case at all and I’m not sure if it ever was. A lot of NGOs/charities these days have conditions on who they will help, certain areas don’t have ones local to them so they’re without help as it is

Plus I’m pretty sure that if a charity is set up for a specific purpose (to help asylum seekers/refugees with x or y) and they then start helping people who are not part of that group they can be in a bit of trouble
Isn’t she being fed by one of these charities? I’m sure the lady in charge said they’re only supposed to cater for locals but are seeing a massive rise in people coming on visas.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.