Emmylou MacCarthy #9 Emmylou Loves: Poppin’ pingers with Cheezel fingers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely lol-ing at the notion that “we all used to follow her.” Like nah, for me she’s always been a hilarious car crash of a fuckwit I couldn’t look away from 😂

I also don’t reckon she’s anything like Anna Delvey. Emmy’s a mad opportunist, but all her tit products at least exist. She’s not forcing anyone to buy them. ALL influencers are a sad indictment on how utterly lame most adult women are in being ‘influenced’ to believe, act, and buy things they don’t need coz some person they think is interesting/attractive tells them to. The whole notion of influencing is utterly absurd but women lap it up then comment about buying whatever tit their heroes are shilling, hoping that somehow it’ll get them closer to the lives they seemingly find enviable. EL does this particularly well because she’s the exact kid of person who would be easily influenced - lonely, boring, sad, middle age lady with no mates, forever looking for a quick fix to paper over the cracks of her life and desperate for a ‘community’ of fake mates. She is her target audience which is why she resonates so well with them. If she wasn’t utterly unscrupulous and didn’t have hustle, she be just like them, commenting on Bec Judd’s Instagram “Omg where is that lippy from???”, with absolutely no intention of ever buying it, just hoping for a reply to make her feel validated.
Wonderfully astute observation as always @ActiveLies She is 100% her target audience, and that is why when confronted by them she looks uncomfortable to the point of repulsion because that is the only time she truly sees herself reflected back. In the mirror she sees her aspirations and delusions. In her stories she sees a celebrity. But when the ordinary members of her tribe approach her, you see the facade slip and EL knows that even though she is wearing Camilla and carrying Michael Kors [insert smirk 🤭], she'll always still be like them. Nothing special.

Not to say of course that ordinary, non famous people aren't special. Personally I'd rather hear the life story of the person serving me at Woolies than most celebs. But that's how Emmy thinks. And it was demonstrated to me most clearly at the Garnier moonlight cinema event where she looks physically uncomfortable interacting with her tribe. They remind her of who she is, and what she'll never be.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
i am so obsessed with this.. and Wework. and the guy in the media with the IcePipe -sorry to go off topic! i felt quite sad for her watching the video today.
I forgot about Weworks. Listened to the podcast and waiting for the Anne Hathaway and Jared Leto series/movie.

I was bored with pharma bro doco. If you want another scam artist - Dr Death podcast and series with Joshua Jackson. This one is a horror story, the doctor internally beheaded his best friend during surgery and he died last year after being paralysed for years.

I’m also waiting for the Elle Fanning ‘the girl from Plainville’ her role as Michelle Carter. The chick who told her boyfriend to commit suicide.

Which one is the ice pipe one?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I actually knew about her but NEVER followed her. she didnt seem the right fit for me to look at and want to see content. but work became so boring i was like "i need MORE gossip!!!" and she was well, problematic enough for me

Reactions: 8
I had to scroll back through her feed but I was put on to her by a friend in 2019 because she was "so fun and body positive." I distinctly remember I began following her when she was preparing for the Arias because I remember thinking to myself what the actual duck. My friend still follows and loves her. I saw through it all very quickly and just stayed for the lols.
20220217_130735.jpg

Reactions: 6
I had to scroll back through her feed but I was put on to her by a friend in 2019 because she was "so fun and body positive." I distinctly remember I began following her when she was preparing for the Arias because I remember thinking to myself what the actual duck. My friend still follows and loves her. I saw through it all very quickly and just stayed for the lols.View attachment 1067971
I honestly think in this photo she looks happy, she looks good.

But unfortunately she is still wearing this very pair of jeans hoping to squeeze into them!

Reactions: 10
I have been following her from super early days. She was funny, determined, a new mum etc. She was relatable and I really liked her. I bought her magazines - yup, both of them. I really liked her. Over the last few years things kinda got a bit desperate. If I am honest it was the oils and the Zoe Moss thing that turned me off her. It all become wishy washy and manic. Then I lurked on Gomi until I found you all here.

I swing between feeling sorry for her and rolling my eyes. Shes obviously struggling and I don't want that for anyone... but then the oils and light stims started being flogged and Im like yeah nah... your a grifter.

Reactions: 22
I definitely appreciate the lumps n bumps no photoshop (tho there was that fisheye lens at the bball the other day, but that seemed an anomaly). Even, to some extent, the oversharing re: fungal rashes + massacre periods… bodies are messy and we all have them and there’s something refreshing about having them openly discussed. It strikes me as the kind of thing say Abbie Chatfield might do.. it contributes to lessening silly stigmas + helping people feel less shame abt themselves.

But I one hundo think she does it primarily to be ‘relatable’ to her audience and so build engagement and adoration from her ‘community’. And in this, I find what’s fascinating. The struggling w three kids + health concerns + body changes after babies + feeling down on yourself but trying to love yourself anyway, blah blah is all so ‘typical suburban Mum’. But the swanning about- ridiculously over (and expensively!) dressed- to e-grade ‘celebrity’ occasions, on school nights, several times a week? The increasingly frequent $70 steak dinners (alone) at restaurants? And now- most outrageously of all- the ‘last minute’ popping off alone down to a ‘health retreat’ for a week, DURING the thick of the school term? How on earth is ANY of that relatable to the ‘average Suburban Mum’?! How does she maintain the interest and commitment of her audience? So much of what she does would appear grossly unobtainable to so many watching, and not just because of the financials, but because of the seeming ease with which she can abdicate responsibility for her children on a regular basis. With an ease that is facilitated not just by her (extremely permissive and flexible-seeming!) parenting arrangement, but also by her ready ability to abandon any feelings of guilt for the instability this all creates in their lives. I’m simply , constitutionally incapable of being so blasé abt my son’s feeling and needs and routines and I’d wager a majority of Mums on here are the same
It was a wide angle lens used on a phone at the Bball. It makes the photo slightly more distorted (their heads) but you can fit more in the frame, like their outfits in that case.

Reactions: 2
Are
See her desperately making eye contact with anyone who walked past hoping they were one of her fans 🤣
think she is looking out for you Geelong local Tattlers with your cheezel boxes😀

Wonderfully astute observation as always @ActiveLies She is 100% her target audience, and that is why when confronted by them she looks uncomfortable to the point of repulsion because that is the only time she truly sees herself reflected back. In the mirror she sees her aspirations and delusions. In her stories she sees a celebrity. But when the ordinary members of her tribe approach her, you see the facade slip and EL knows that even though she is wearing Camilla and carrying Michael Kors [insert smirk 🤭], she'll always still be like them. Nothing special.

Not to say of course that ordinary, non famous people aren't special. Personally I'd rather hear the life story of the person serving me at Woolies than most celebs. But that's how Emmy thinks. And it was demonstrated to me most clearly at the Garnier moonlight cinema event where she looks physically uncomfortable interacting with her tribe. They remind her of who she is, and what she'll never be.
Absolutely- no glamorous or sophisticated fans approaching her. (Sorry not sorry). It’s just Mrs frumpy frump who giggle gleefully when they spot her. The highlight of their year. That’s why she carries on when she spots Danni Minogue ‘my friend’ . Thinks by association it will make her sophisticated, glamorous, talented , deserving of the limelight and show success.
She truely is delusional.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've never followed her, cant bring myself to press that button!
Discovered people talking about her years back on GOMI, had to check her out. I think it was around the time she was walking around the city in her undies, I work in the city so was shocked anyone let alone anyone plus size would do that. Since then, I cant look away 🤣

Reactions: 8
I will answer my own question.

I followed her as a lurker not a follower on SM. I don’t remember them coparenting or the too poor for a car. So I must have come along after all that drama lama.

But I did ‘know’ about her before the magazines, free Werribee car with her face plastered all over it and Logies crap. I don’t remember which came first.

So sometime between drama lama and crap.

Then discovered gomi and now here.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Well, 26 comments on the attention seeking/self validation sausage casing dress post.. hardly a massive engagement...the "community" maybe seeing the light...🙏
Omg someone mentioned this brand was being sold at Costco and today I saw a homeless man wearing a black hoodie with the logo on it. Ummm

I’ve been following ELL since last year I found her on GOMi!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I will answer my own question.

I followed her as a lurker not a follower on SM. I don’t remember them coparenting or the too poor for a car. So I must have come along after all that drama lama.

But I did ‘know’ about her before the magazines, free Werribee car with her face plastered all over it and Logies crap. I don’t remember which came first.

So sometime between drama lama and crap.

Then discovered gomi and now here.
The LAMA! Even my husband knows about the Lama!!!🤣🤣🤣😂 it was a video that just made you say what in gods good name is this circus.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had to scroll back through her feed but I was put on to her by a friend in 2019 because she was "so fun and body positive." I distinctly remember I began following her when she was preparing for the Arias because I remember thinking to myself what the actual duck. My friend still follows and loves her. I saw through it all very quickly and just stayed for the lols.View attachment 1067971
She looks great here! I think she still thinks she’s this size? Or can easily get to it.

Reactions: 3
I can see why people find (or found) her relatable, but anyone with critical thinking skills should be able to see that she’s toxic and a fraud. I feel sorry for her followers that believe her fake body positivity and find themselves just sucked deeper into diet culture and disordered eating.
x
Omg someone mentioned this brand was being sold at Costco and today I saw a homeless man wearing a black hoodie with the logo on it. Ummm

I’ve been following ELL since last year I found her on GOMi!
Costco are selling these clothes at the moment, I'm surprised she hasn't picked up the cropped tee yet 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
I can't remember how I came across her but I didn't mind her at first. Think it was back in 2018, I even bought her San Juan jumpsuit. What did it for me was her ticketed birthday party. Then she quickly became a hate follow for me. I feel she declined during lockdowns as her desperation to remain relevant was ramped up due to no tv shows, women in business events, social media conventions and other crap she used to promote. And of course parenting her kids. Then her brand was reduced to the shill. I have to say looking back at her old photos she looked so much better with dark hair. Her lightened hair now makes her look about 55 years old.

Reactions: 14
I've lurked but never followed her account. I feel sorry for the kids. They are going to need counselling for sure.

Reactions: 9
She does look good in the pic from 2019. Brunette is definitely her colour. It was her behaviour whilst getting ready for the Arias that had me like whaaaat - so manic and desperate. Over time, the way she spoke to ALove and the children really turned me off. Somewhere along the way she just lost the plot. I think it was when she was paired up with Christian by, I'm assuming, Channel Ten. As soon as she went "commercial" the ugly aspects of her egotism became magnified and she started believing her own bullshit. Which is sad, because any grabs I've seen of her on dotcomsocial show a cute and sort of funny woman. Not someone who is instantly offputting the way she is now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.