Emmerdale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does Harriet not own a single hair band?! Seriously hate that hair style!!!

Mandy isn't doing so great acting wise in the aftermath, whilst Lydia just plonked on the sofa spewing empty sentiments, ergh, but Vinnie was really good (imo) last night. Poor lad, regardless of personal feelings towards Paul by the others, that was cruel to make him do the funeral alone.
I don’t know anyone with long hair that has it hanging round their face like that and NEVER occasionally ties it back or tucks it behind their ears 👀
Love the vinny character
It looked a bit creepy when they all turned up at the graveside 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t know anyone with long hair that has it hanging round their face like that and NEVER occasionally ties it back or tucks it behind their ears 👀
Love the vinny character
It looked a bit creepy when they all turned up at the graveside 😬
It did look a bit creepy. They all seemed to appear like ghosts, all arriving one at a time and just standing there in different spots not saying anything to each other or to Vinny.

It reminded me of that scene in the film Ghost where Patrick Swayze’s ghost character is talking with some other ghosts and they all start disappearing as they are walking towards their own gravestones

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just caught up on the funeral episodes and noticed she was back above ground.

It's so boring at the moment , not one storyline I care about. However i want someone to rub that smirk off gabby face , I don't know whether to believe she's pregnant.

Reactions: 6
Oh Mandy well, you came and you gave without taking,
but I sent you away. Oh, Mandy well,

Don't mess with Mandy

Reactions: 1
Just caught up on the funeral episodes and noticed she was back above ground.

It's so boring at the moment , not one storyline I care about. However i want someone to rub that smirk off gabby face , I don't know whether to believe she's pregnant.
She really is I'm afraid. Awful storyline. Should have let the character go and be a normal school leaver/uni student, but instead have her dressing like Kim and smirking all over the Dales. Ridiculous.

I really can't stand Ethan still, moany, chip on his shoulder twit, plus the dr and her sister? Ergh, def worse storyline right now!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I do like Charles the new vicar. He seems relatively normal and down to earth with hopefully no skeletons in his closet: unless it turns out he’s done something horrible to Ethan’s mum like bury her under the floorboards of their old house or something in which case I take back everything I’ve just said

• Haha
I do like Charles the new vicar. He seems relatively normal and down to earth with hopefully no skeletons in his closet: unless it turns out he’s done something horrible to Ethan’s mum like bury her under the floorboards of their old house or something in which case I take back everything I’ve just said
I've been getting bad mojo vibes from the vicar, which is a shame as I really like him too. Breath of fresh air.

Reactions: 1
This is Emmerdale, I reckon there a 90% chance of the dead wife under the floorboards. :LOL:

• Haha
She really is I'm afraid. Awful storyline. Should have let the character go and be a normal school leaver/uni student, but instead have her dressing like Kim and smirking all over the Dales. Ridiculous.

I really can't stand Ethan still, moany, chip on his shoulder twit, plus the dr and her sister? Ergh, def worse storyline right now!
Agree re Ethan, he‘s irritating! Don’t mind Charles though

• Heart
Reactions: 5
If Mackenzie involves any more people in whatever it is he's up to, there'll be no money in it because he's got so many people taking a cut!

• Haha
Any sign on when they are getting rid of Mandy, christ she is brutal.
I watch Classic Emmerdale on ITV3 and Mandy was brilliant back then. A lovely bubbly character and quite natural with it. They are currently in 1999 and the Mandy, Trisha, Bernice trio behind the bar works really well with Bernice acting superior as their manager and Mandy & Trisha united in their frustrations with her.

Mandy’s serious acting was subtle and not over the top.

Fast forward to 2021 and I don’t know what’s happened to Lisa Riley’s acting but she is so OTT. The growling and face pulling she does when doing ‘comedy’ storylines and then the grimacing and even more face pulling she does during more serious scenes are hard for me to watch as she’s really struggling to just ‘act’. I don’t know if it’s due to the social distancing so she feels she has to act to people far away like you would do in a theatre so that the people in the back row can see what you are doing.

Lisa needs to watch herself back on ITV3 to teach herself how to act again

Last edited:
  • Heart
I watch Classic Emmerdale on ITV3 and Mandy was brilliant back then. A lovely bubbly character and quite natural with it. They are currently in 1999 and the Mandy, Trisha, Bernice trio behind the bar works really well with Bernice acting superior as their manager and Mandy & Trisha united in their frustrations with her.

Mandy’s serious acting was subtle and not over the top.

Fast forward to 2021 and I don’t know what’s happened to Lisa Riley’s acting but she is so OTT. The growling and face pulling she does when doing ‘comedy’ storylines and then the grimacing and even more face pulling she does during more serious scenes are hard for me to watch as she’s really struggling to just ‘act’. I don’t know if it’s due to the social distancing so she feels she has to act to people far away like you would do in a theatre so that the people in the back row can see what you are doing.

Lisa needs to watch herself back on ITV3 to teach herself how to act again
Couldn't agree more! Marlon isn't as much of a simpering idiot either.

I think it shows the biggest issue are the writers and director, as Lisa Riley is much more capable than what we've been seeing.

Reactions: 5
I cannot stand Lisa/Mandy’s growling voice, it’s bloody awful 😂
The whole scene with her getting nasty with the 'scary' criminal guy was pathetic imo.

Maybe I'm dull, but I'd rather more rural storylines than constant gangster tit going on in the Dales.

Reactions: 4
The whole scene with her getting nasty with the 'scary' criminal guy was pathetic imo.

Maybe I'm dull, but I'd rather more rural storylines than constant gangster tit going on in the Dales.
When she reached out to hit him with that metal thing, there was a table in between them - so she couldn't even reach him!
Tense and menacing she wasn't.
Just a snarling face with panto eyelashes.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.