Emmerdale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember how Dawn and Will were introduced to us?
Harriet had been Will's live-in partner and a mother to the young Dawn but wasn't called Harriet and she left that "double life" behind upsetting Dawn and Will because they felt she'd deserted them.

This Manpreet thing is just that idea recycled.

Emmerdale having crap actors is the least of their worries.

The Casting department and storylining team have needed a kick up the bum for way too long now.

The lines the actors are given are repetitive and the storylines recycled.

I dont know how the scripting works.

I assume the Producers tell the writers what storylines they want and then the Team go off and write the episode scripts around that.

So maybe its the Producers who are to blame.

Reactions: 6
This storyline with manpreet and waiting at the alter is not believable.

no one cares about thrm

Reactions: 5
So, in a tiny village in Yorkshire, Charles and Ethan rock up and Ethan already has history with Luke and now this Manpreet/Saira nonsense. Also, it's taken them long enough to discover each other again - they've been in the village a while and only just run into Manpreet? Absolute pony.

Reactions: 10
So, in a tiny village in Yorkshire, Charles and Ethan rock up and Ethan already has history with Luke and now this Manpreet/Saira nonsense. Also, it's taken them long enough to discover each other again - they've been in the village a while and only just run into Manpreet? Absolute pony.

The writers have got form with nonsense.

Remember when Lisa left Zak and she suddenly moved to a cottage in Scotland?
Why Scotland ? The character had no ties there.
Then when they needed a story to write Debbie out to cover maternity leave they suddenly invented a Garage in Scotland that Lisa had inherited.
The inheritance came from a man who had "taken a shine to her."
Thats what Zak said.
No further explanation.

They just invent stuff out of the blue with no fleshing out and nothing is realistic or believable.
Yet when they do have something believable they just forget about it.
Remember when Sam was married to Alice? They moved to a chicken farm in Norfolk. Alice's Dad left it to her, then when she died it went to Sam.

The Dingle's are always skint but no mention of that farm was made again.
We even had a storyline of Sam being unable to pay his way not long after that.
Er, he could have sold that chicken farm.

And they just invent qualifications.
Marlon read a few cook books, bought some Chef's clothes and then became a Chef overnight.
No lead up to him getting qualified.

Debbie - mechanic overnight. As if by magic.

And now the sweetie factory is gone, what does Jai actually do for a living?
I can accept that Rishi was a wealthy man with lots of businesses and investments before he came to the Village, but Jai's job was the Sweet packing business.
So what does he do now?

And what is Kim's business exactly?

And Laurel? Not long ago she was struggling for money.

Jimmy and his invisible lorry haulage business - again, how does he make a living? Where's the realism.

Bob was literally homeless not so long ago. Now he does a few shifts in the empty Pub or empty Café and can't really be earning much to live on but he's no longer destitute.

And how are Brenda and Nicola earning a living??

And I still dont understand how Moira manages her business with no helpers.

I need to get a life, don't I?

:ROFLMAO::LOL::D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
The writers have got form with nonsense.

Remember when Lisa left Zak and she suddenly moved to a cottage in Scotland?
Why Scotland ? The character had no ties there.
Then when they needed a story to write Debbie out to cover maternity leave they suddenly invented a Garage in Scotland that Lisa had inherited.
The inheritance came from a man who had "taken a shine to her."
Thats what Zak said.
No further explanation.

They just invent stuff out of the blue with no fleshing out and nothing is realistic or believable.
Yet when they do have something believable they just forget about it.
Remember when Sam was married to Alice? They moved to a chicken farm in Norfolk. Alice's Dad left it to her, then when she died it went to Sam.

The Dingle's are always skint but no mention of that farm was made again.
We even had a storyline of Sam being unable to pay his way not long after that.
Er, he could have sold that chicken farm.

And they just invent qualifications.
Marlon read a few cook books, bought some Chef's clothes and then became a Chef overnight.
No lead up to him getting qualified.

Debbie - mechanic overnight. As if by magic.

And now the sweetie factory is gone, what does Jai actually do for a living?
I can accept that Rishi was a wealthy man with lots of businesses and investments before he came to the Village, but Jai's job was the Sweet packing business.
So what does he do now?

And what is Kim's business exactly?

And Laurel? Not long ago she was struggling for money.

Jimmy and his invisible lorry haulage business - again, how does he make a living? Where's the realism.

Bob was literally homeless not so long ago. Now he does a few shifts in the empty Pub or empty Café and can't really be earning much to live on but he's no longer destitute.

And how are Brenda and Nicola earning a living??

And I still dont understand how Moira manages her business with no helpers.

I need to get a life, don't I?

:ROFLMAO::LOL::D
I can’t watch for these very reasons! I spend more time thinking how unbelievable it all is & what happened to this/him/her/that it just ruins it for me 😆

Reactions: 2
What's this woman come back for Jimmy's son for?
Her storyline was ridiculous and unbelievable the first time around.
Jimmy donated sperm, she gets pregnant with Jimmy's little swimmers and then tracks him down to dump the baby on him when she can't cope.
As you do.

What a load of utter nonsense.

And now theyve brought her back?
Why?
Just why?
If they want to give Jimmy something to do, why not flesh out his haulage "business" and give him a few more trucks and some drivers.
They could cast some decent actors to play the truckers, give them families, weave into the script some stuff about problems getting stuff in and out of Europe,
You know, something topical and actually refer to corona virus and bring it into the storylines.

I know they are filming under restrictions but surely they could angle the camera shots in a way to make it look like the actors are close together.

That scene the other night when the new vicar stood on the street 2 metres from his son who stood 2 metres from Manpreet etc - they were all standing in a line on the street.
Had it been snowy you could have skied a slalom between them.
Didnt help that none of them can act.

I've not watched tonights 🤣
Very wise.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This guy meeting James now - does he really know Jai? If not, wouldn't it be very easy for him to get found out?

And why are they having a business meeting in the public area so that MacKenzie can hear everything?

Reactions: 3
I’m not watching this anymore. I don’t know what’s happened to itv but it’s rubbish.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.