Emma's Rectangle #5 Vlog fails, grimy nails, fake lips the size of two fat snails

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must be the only one who thinks he’s actually fit af and Emma’s def punching lol
I don’t think he’s bad looking but he just looks like literally every other ‘gym lad’ I’ve ever come across

Reactions: 9
I actually watched the Thailand vlog earlier (needed something long on whilst cooking) and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, I know it’s completely outdated and ridiculous at how long it’s taken but it felt like such a stark contrast to the rest of her shoddy output. Like it’s not gonna be travel vlog of the year, but what a difference it makes when she actually takes the camera out of the house and films what she’s doing rather than filming herself talk about what she did, so much more interesting than fake gym chats and stewed apples!

Reactions: 6
I actually watched the Thailand vlog earlier (needed something long on whilst cooking) and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, I know it’s completely outdated and ridiculous at how long it’s taken but it felt like such a stark contrast to the rest of her shoddy output. Like it’s not gonna be travel vlog of the year, but what a difference it makes when she actually takes the camera out of the house and films what she’s doing rather than filming herself talk about what she did, so much more interesting than fake gym chats and stewed apples!
I also thought the same. It was such a difference. Around that time Emma was one of my favourite Youtubers, her content was pretty good, but I think not long after that is when it all fell off. The vlogs would have been great if it wasn’t 4 years later!

Reactions: 8
I watched it as well, and liked it! I wonder if it's not only that the content was more interesting, but she was as well. She looked drastically different (I much prefer her natural glow during the travel vlogs compared to her lumpy lips and patchy fake tan now) and she also seems so much clamer. She's confident without being arrogant and isn't an obnoxious pick me. Ultimately I think she tries too hard right now.

Heck I was even impressed she could name a few different fish and shark species. Compared to now, she had so much more depth and genuine enthusiasm for her hobbies. It almost (almost) justifies her whale shark tattoo, back then it seems like she was "obsessed with aquatic life". Girlie, where did that go?? Why don't you dive anymore??

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She is unrecognisable now, i find myself watching old videos for comfort. She’s done a de-influencing video and makes out like was centre of controversy on her tik tok, girl catch yourself on😂

• Haha
Out of curiosity because I haven’t watched it, but does she exude much ‘adhd’ energy in her travel vlog?

Reactions: 4
Out of curiosity because I haven’t watched it, but does she exude much ‘adhd’ energy in her travel vlog?
I'd say not, but then I don't believe she exudes much of it anyway. I have worked with ADHD kids (not the same thing as adults, I do know) and I'm in no position to diagnose anyone, but I do wonder about Emma's motivation. I think she really did hit rock-bottom after the break-up with Tim, whatever caused it. She probably had some kind of breakdown and I can sympathize. Took me years to get over my first big split. She used to be all about making the most of what you have, being yourself, and she had a kind of natural exuberance that isn't there anymore. Her looks are more conventionally mainstream now, the sort of cookie-cutter influencer thing, shiny face, oversized lips. Maybe it's just that she's older, I don't know. It does feel to me like she's lost the essence of Emma. She's certainly not different or interesting now. I don't want to be someone who hate-watches, and I don't hate really, but I do find myself skimming through her stuff just to confirm that it really is not as much fun as it used to be.

Reactions: 19
I think deep down her issue is she has very low self esteem and I think the split with Tim exacerbated this. In my opinion while in a relationship you don’t think about it too much because well you’re in a relationship someone likes your appearance/personality. However when not in a relationship it is at the forefront on your mind and can be very mentally debilitating. I think this is why she did all her projects like 50 and 265 was to make herself “look better” notice how I think it in her last vlog she said that her friend Scarlett going to the gym was her only motivation for going. Why no motivation because she’s with Arms therefore being in a relationship with him she feels she’s good enough.

If I were her I would seriously consider some counselling/Therapy I have no idea why she hasn’t done it sooner I feel she would really benefit from it she loves to have a chat and I feel this would be better with a licences professional then using her YouTube audience.

Sorry for the ramble just my thoughts

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She kinda looks like she's had that buccal fat removal on her face everyone on the internet was going on about a few weeks ago. Idk there's something different

Reactions: 3
She kinda looks like she's had that buccal fat removal on her face everyone on the internet was going on about a few weeks ago. Idk there's something different
Haha, I had to look that up - I know what you mean. It could be camera angles or lighting or makeup, I suppose.
(I looked at some buccal fat removal before & after pics on Google and to me it just makes people look older and harder. )

Reactions: 5
I haven’t watched her vlogs for a little while but I’ve noticed she doesn’t seem to be posting as many nights out etc on her insta stories since getting with her new man

Reactions: 3
How is she not embarassed to say she didnt go to the hospital because she was hoping to do something for Valentine's Day ... I'd also love to know why she was all glam if they didnt have plans .. or did he just bail on her?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I agree! Also her thumbnail gave me 2016 clickbait ptsd. It just feels so odd and contrived to screenshot a video of you crying and edit it into a thumbnail with a "sad news" quote on top. Imagine using your loved ones passing as a way to get views....obviously everyone grieves in their own way and there is no "right way" to process a loss but that didn't sit well with me.

Reactions: 11
I agree! Also her thumbnail gave me 2016 clickbait ptsd. It just feels so odd and contrived to screenshot a video of you crying and edit it into a thumbnail with a "sad news" quote on top. Imagine using your loved ones passing as a way to get views....obviously everyone grieves in their own way and there is no "right way" to process a loss but that didn't sit well with me.
I know what you mean and Emma can do what she likes - if it's her sweet grandma, then I understand that the viewers have all met her on videos so might like to know. But maybe a separate Instagram post with a picture of the lady and a tribute rather than shoving it into your meal-prep, gym and fake tan vlog. And, like you say, thumbnail showing a tearful picture of yourself rather than the lady who's passed doesn't seem like the best choice.

I know what you mean and Emma can do what she likes - if it's her sweet grandma, then I understand that the viewers have all met her on videos so might like to know. But maybe a separate Instagram post with a picture of the lady and a tribute rather than shoving it into your meal-prep, gym and fake tan vlog. And, like you say, thumbnail showing a tearful picture of yourself rather than the lady who's passed doesn't seem like the best choice.
Yeah absolutely! I think, to your point, it felt odd for me because it was amongest clips of her complaining that her boyfriend of 9 months didn't ask her to be his valentine (🙄) and burnt pancakes. A sweet lil insta post to share with the followers would've been so much more heartfelt.

Pure speculation reach here but I feel like she’s making teenage relationship digs/indirect passive aggy post with the two insta reels she’s posted today - just the two audios back to back

I dislike her TikTok so much, it's like she's regressed instead of progressed. Content is dumber and more juvenile than it was when she was barely out of her teens.

I dislike her TikTok so much, it's like she's regressed instead of progressed. Content is dumber and more juvenile than it was when she was barely out of her teens.
And just imagine her dad has spent thousands on her education for her to do this….

I think the breakup with Tim really changed her, I mean they were together for so long and now he's dating a man? I'd be a bit unhinged too tbh

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I think the breakup with Tim really changed her, I mean they were together for so long and now he's dating a man? I'd be a bit unhinged too tbh
What? Bisexuality is a real thing and honestly get over it. A man is also a person. Maybe go consume more LGBTQ content and educate yourself

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.