Emma’s Rectangle #2 No upload tonight, nothings wrong, been stewing apples all day long

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else finding it strange that many influencers/content creators, including Emma, now produce vlogs where a significant proportion of, or in some cases even the bulk of the content is about producing the vlogs, speaking to their management, shooting photos for Instagram etc? I understand that this is their job, and if they’re filming their ‘everyday life’ it’s going to come into it, but it seems to be becoming more and more prominent. Perhaps it’s because of the pandemic and being stuck at home, but the endless of loop of creating content about creating content is very odd to me.

Reactions: 13
This is actually something I’ve thought about and would like peoples input on: what do you think made Soph’s channel take off and not Emma’s?

Is it just her consistency? Less annoying channel name? Content not all over the place?

I would have figured the exposure from collabing with Soph so many times would have made her grow more, but that obviously wasn’t the case.
I may be wrong but I believe Soph was very consistent back in the day when she first started YouTube. She tried hard and was very active. She had many giveaways and her channel aimed at a younger audience. Emma was/is never reliable or consistent with her uploads. i think she is way more talented than Soph when it comes to makeup but her target audience was slightly older than Soph’s. Their attitudes are very different, too. Soph was modest in the past whereas Emma was never grateful. I think her channel could have been bigger than Soph’s if she had kept up her game and had been more dedicated to her channel.

Reactions: 7
Also Soph gained a lot of followers by being in the NYX Make Up competition years ago. That's how I found her (and Steph Tom's) on You Tube. Through Soph I then found Emma. Some people say Soph is bland and boring but I've always enjoyed her content and found her quite genuine whereas Emma I sometimes feel says things because she thinks she has to (praising products etc) Soph has never been afraid to say if she doesn't like something.

Soph also has had a few different strings to her bow - she started off with nails, then moved to make up then realised changing her name to SophDoesLife she seems more clued up about trends and making good choices which will mean her channel can move forward as she gets older. It almost feels like the fitness thing is Emmas attempt at doing this.

II totally get the feeling of annoyance seeing Emma spending lots of money - squat rack, mac book, new lens for her camera, clothes when she's just cleared out 9 bags of stuff. However a lot of influencers seem to be doing this and totally not understanding how insensitive and out of touch it is with what a lot of normal people are going through in this situation.

I'm really liking the pink tone in her hair though. Hope she keeps it.

Reactions: 8
I found Emma about a year ago through her weight loss video and I've just unsubscribed after realising I dont think I've ever finished one of her uploads in one sitting.

I dont mind her personality and her content is the type of thing I usually enjoy. The problem I find is that all her videos are soo long and boring. I usually like what I eat in a day videos but she literally eats the same things and her voice is really monotone. She lists off what she has eaten and even she sounds bored!

I think she would have more success making shorter/punchier videos. Her life isn't interesting enough for a 30 minute vlog each week that consists of her eating and over exercising.

In terms of why Soph's channel has grown, I dont think it has anything to do with consistency, I genuinely believe it's because Soph has more personality. Considering her follower count she always seems relatable and down to earth.

Reactions: 10
Found this thread/the previous one yesterday and like someone else said, I'm so so grateful for this. I followed Emma for a bit when she was on the midsize hype with Lucy Wood but unfollowed her because I wasn't as keen on her content. I rediscovered her in April last year when YouTube recommended the one year weight loss journey to me and at first I was pretty inspired by it - I'm larger than Emma was, after gaining a lot due to my mental health, and something she said about wanting to lose the "sad weight" really hit me. I won't pretend I'm a regular viewer hahaha but I have watched a few of her workout- and food-based videos, and follow her on Instagram. At first I really liked her attitude but now I find myself feeling really crappy about myself because she aims so high and doesn't really seem to buy her own claims that you don't have to work out all day every day to be "healthy". Idk, a lot of it is definitely my own issues and I own that! But her forced positive attitude and obsession with exercise is definitely not the win she thinks it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So I messaged Emma but obviously she hasn’t read it, but I reeeeeally wanna know which green eye liner she used in this look. Anyone got an idea??

6E8058AC-44A7-4BFA-AD5D-B642D1DF854A.png

So I messaged Emma but obviously she hasn’t read it, but I reeeeeally wanna know which green eye liner she used in this look. Anyone got an idea??

View attachment 462011
Doubt it’s Colourpop, but it does look like one of the liners from the RawBeautyKristi At Forest Sight collection. Also, I think she got some PR from Too Faced was it? That had lots of coloured eyeliners not too long ago

Couple of things from the weekly vlog...
  • She thinks that she will have made the most out of her spin bike from 2 months of use. :eek: Woah... that's a £350 purchase for 2 months use.
  • She thinks she absolutely bossed the first lockdown and the first reason give is that "she was working out once sometimes twice a day, yoga every day, Tim and I were going on runs." This is her mind-set at the moment. Success is based on the amount of exercise she does.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Couple of things from the weekly vlog...
  • She thinks that she will have made the most out of her spin bike from 2 months of use. :eek: Woah... that's a £350 purchase for 2 months use.
  • She thinks she absolutely bossed the first lockdown and the first reason give is that "she was working out once sometimes twice a day, yoga every day, Tim and I were going on runs." This is her mind-set at the moment. Success is based on the amount of exercise she does.
What she doesn’t seem to mention or appreciate is that she “bossed” the first lockdown because she has her own house with some aspect of an outdoor space, lives with her boyfriend and still manages to earn an obscene amount of money working from home. Let’s be honest lockdown didn’t really affect her lifestyle other than seeing her friends, going to the gym and the pub.

Reactions: 17
Is she joking? This has to be some running joke, is she secretly in a mockumentary about lazy YouTubers? Or maybe its a social experiment? 😂
She needs to just upload the weekly vlogs and say she uploads once per week. Have everything else be an extra. She sucks at this

Reactions: 12
Is she joking? This has to be some running joke, is she secretly in a mockumentary about lazy YouTubers? Or maybe its a social experiment? 😂

What’s the point in getting ahead if you can’t even keep up currently? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I always wonder why Youtubers set themselves upload schedules. I get wanting tht routine but I feel like most of them don’t stick to it

Reactions: 2
Ahh new thread smell ☺ Are the whiners happy we’ve moved from the Rave About section now??

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh god... this yellow and lilac reel... the final nail in the coffin... I just can't.
I knew when she shown that "mirror for fashion reels" that this will eventually happen...

Oh god... this yellow and lilac reel... the final nail in the coffin... I just can't.
I knew when she shown that "mirror for fashion reels" that this will eventually happen...
I hadn’t seen this so went to take a look because I was intrigued....I wish I hadn’t now! That’s got to be the most irritating thing I’ve watched in a while! Why? I don’t get it!! 😐

Omg I can’t believe that reel I actually thought it was a joke. What the hell are those outfits?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.