Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
wonder how well Tustin is protected because no way she would still be here today if she wasn’t!!
one day a prison officer will turn their back… only a matter of time.

Reactions: 1

SmudgeTheCat

Chatty Member
I don't think I've commented on these threads but I have on Star's and I can 100% confirm you are not alone. Hearing Arthur shout and cry that no one loved him and no one was going to feed him will never, ever leave me. Nor will seeing him limping and too weak to fold his blanket on the morning of his death. I just want to pick him up out of the screen, give him a big cuddle and bring him home with me to a warm comfy bed and as much yummy food as he wanted and never let anyone raise a hand to him again. I can only imagine his friends' families feeling the same too. I have sobbed at the most random time over him. My 2 children are 4 and 6. Both little blondies and like you with your grandson, they remind me of Arthur. As Emmadale said, my youngest's birthday is days before Arthur died so I remember the time well, preparing gifts and a cake, all while Arthur suffered. While having dinner last night my 6-year-old was thanking me for a lovely meal 🥰 and my partner said flippantly how lucky they are to have a mum like me and my thoughts went instantly back to Arthur being starved and off I went in tears again. My kids are getting away with all sorts because I can't bear to tell them off or have them upset. We were looking back on our lockdown memories the other day - we were "lucky" in that none of our families suffered any serious illness/financial loss etc through the pandemic and we "enjoyed" lockdown with lots of family time in the garden etc and to be honest, those happy memories are now tainted by the thought of Arthur and any other children who suffered while being kept at home. I don't know how to get over this, I don't think I will get over it, and at the same time, I feel silly that I am so upset when I didn't know him - I feel like I don't have the right to be upset? I see people comparing Arthur to Baby P and James Bulger, both of those poor boys were killed when I was still a child so it almost wasn't on my radar, if that makes sense? I feel like this is the first time I have really followed such a harrowing case as an adult and it is REALLY affecting me. I think my partner thinks I need to pull myself together as well but I just can't.
This made me so emotional to read because it’s just what we are all feeling

Bellagoth

This is weird because in my county they definitely don't (or didn't). I had an unannounced visit due to a school safeguarding issue that resulted in mental health issues in my son. They needed to rule out home as the cause. No notice whatsoever.

Unless it's a COVID thing they introduced maybe? To protect SWs from being exposed.

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
I’ve been avoiding reading and watching anything about poor little Arthur’s death because I didn’t want to break down in front of my own 2 boys so I only know some of the horrible things that poor little boy went through 💔 but I’m in isolation now and feel ready to read about it as I’ll have space to cry without upsetting my own boys. Is there anywhere that I can read all about the case or a podcast or anything anyone can recommend that has all the detail about what happened in the courts etc.
I hope those bastards get hell in jail they should never ever be allowed out 😭

To be honest. I'm getting slightly sick and tired of the world. Society puts me to shame. There were a lot of abuse cases years ago, people blamed poverty, lack of security etc. We are in a better situation now and yet children's welfare isn't getting any better. In fact, it's getting worse because these people are documenting it via phones/social media, that means they have no shame? It's a trophy to them, they are not even hiding it. Which to me, speaks volumes? Children are being left to fend for themselves because it's all about what the hell next mummy and daddy can buy on credit, staging the next best photo for the likes and getting shagged to boost their own self centred ego.

We are in a better situation compare to years ago, what the hell is happening?

how many kids did she have?I read somewhere she went missing? Why? Are the kids with her? Z

do you know why she went missing before? Was her kids taken away from her?
She went missing over a dispute about her children threw her toys out the pram cause their dad had them or something

Scoobadob

I am confused with daniels statement on FB, he says the hughes family were the only family that called social services/the police (and in court its kind of implied this way too)... but on good morning britain the other day, madeline halcrow, olivias mum said that she also called social services too... and that the unwrapped presents for arthur that were found in thomas hughes annexe were from her.... i swear joanne hughes told court the presents were off joanne?

such conflicting statements and i dont know who to believe. madeline also said the last time she saw arthur was on her birthday in october. so that means she hadnt seen arthur for around 8 months, and there seems to have been no real fight from her to see him either that i'm aware of?

i cant help thinking MH is just soaking up the limelight and pretending she was more involved than the evidence has us believe. really hope thats not the case. i cant stand the thought that someone might be jumping on it for their own benefit.
From whar I understand MH hadnt seen him since October 2019 when Arthur cane fir her birthfay. When Hughes came to collect hIn he asked his dad if she was in the car. When he said yes he started crying and asked MH if he could please live with her. In April 2020 after Hughes went home for a night and his parents took photos of the bruises, the text MH to say about the bruises and social services. The next day she said she rang social servuces and they told her they had already been to the house and had no concerns. That is the extent of her action. Shocking. Shameful.

nico2612

I keep trying to find out on prison life looking for updates if anyone has got to them ( I wish )
All I can see she is in isolation for her protection so either she has been got at or been close it doesn’t give me any comfort altho for a few seconds it did then all the heart break returned my thoughts back to Arthur there is no punishment lol hat could ever come close to what they did, to day I feel angry and sad and to think they going to give her parenting lessons omg .
I’m also puzzled why her own mother did not do something regarding Arthur all guilty of playing apart in Arthur’s death shocking beyond belief.

Typo error on lol

Scoobadob

Those writing about why Arthur hadn’t gone to see his Mum…..he wouldn’t have been able to from March until his death in June due to lockdown.
This is true. However it wouldnt explain a lack of telehphone contact which there doesnt appear to have been either

Tots

VIP Member
I’d imagine the press got hold of the pics from social media after they were arrested and charged but they’re only just releasing them now the trial is over.

Michelle1980

I think so smudgethecat. It's torture of the mind, to see how the little pet suffered. We have to think that he had happy days before all that shit. That is my only small comfort and I'm hanging to that to try and get me through.

I dont know what the rights of grandparents are.

I do think though that she had lots of problems because her daughter went to prison (probably had to look after her daughter's business) and of course she would have felt shame.
In early 2020 lockdown started.

Essentially it has only been 8 months.

Maybe the presents from both grandparents had been withheld and hidden?

Did MH testify in court?

I don't get why she would go to the media and lie about things - the other set of grandparents could easily expose her, which would be beyond embarrassing.
But they are exposing her?

I dont know what the rights of grandparents are.

I do think though that she had lots of problems because her daughter went to prison (probably had to look after her daughter's business) and of course she would have felt shame.
In early 2020 lockdown started.

Essentially it has only been 8 months.

Maybe the presents from both grandparents had been withheld and hidden?

Did MH testify in court?

I don't get why she would go to the media and lie about things - the other set of grandparents could easily expose her, which would be beyond embarrassing.
I also find it odd that she didn't alert the SS about her daughter's own situation? The drinking, drug taking and violence around Arthur? If she was THAT close, she'd have had some input and concerns

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
You are a human being and I really believe even the hardest human being would have been affected by Arthur. It's harder for you because you knew her. It's your local area. Not just another name or face in the press. I find myself at work, wondering about him. Did he get any affection from his father behind ET back? For some reason, it would comfort me a tiny bit if he just got a tiny bit of love here and there. But knowing he smacked his son round the back of the head the day before...I doubt it.

His little face and cries will always get to me. What's worse is there are many children going through it now. But Arthur has done an amazing job of opening people's eyes that abuse is real and the these kids are not stupid.. they know what love is, they know what abuse is and they can feel every feeling that a parent feels towards them....
I am sure I read one day that around June 12th the camera's showed Arthur and that man on the sofa together watching TV together or something along them lines.

• Sad

heatmagazine

Chatty Member
Well I hope they live in fear every single moment of every day no form of punishment would be enough even the slowest of toucher let’s hope someone out there who is in the same prison tells what’s happening as I’m sure when people visit things get said would be good to know, I have to keep saying to myself at his not pain anymore sure he will be very protected in heaven, and to be honest if someone had got him out of that house a day early before he died who’s to say if he would ever of recovered from the psychological damage that was also inflicted on poor little Arthur I hope they burn in hell bastards
No doubt somebody will sell their experience with her when they leave prison.