Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member

It happens quite a lot but not all make the Court of Appeal.

Personally, as I've laid out before, I can't see there will be much if any change. The judge went outside the box a little bit to get her up to a 30 year starting point - all detailed in his sentencing remarks. And his was more than I expected, given that it was a manslaughter verdict - Mick Philpott got 15 years for manslaughter for killing (indirectly) six of his own children.
I've been wondering for a while. If they hadn't charged them on the cruelty counts couldn't the cruelty have been factored into the murder/manslaughter charges cause the judge did make a point to say they couldnt double sentence them. Could the sentence have been longer if they had never put those other charges on them?

allybongo

Chatty Member
Not sure where you got your facts from but they are wrong. No prison has the funds time or resources to be putting blanket bans on specific channels and redacting newspapers. Given how often people are shipped from jail to jail as well just not realistic at all.
Erm yes they do. They literally cut articles out of newspapers and black out any tv relating to current inmates. They don’t usually stop the news though.

Igglepiggle531

I was going to put this on the star thread but it moves to fast and I worried it would get lost.

Could we start a thread for people to share anonymously if they have concerns for a child and where they could ask for advice? No names ect for children just asking for advice.

I haven't caught up on this thread but I know a few of us on Stars thread have shared concerns we have for children we know. The thread could also contain a list of numbers NSPCC ect and help lines for those who are concerned.

Just an idea, but as I said I shared concerns on Stars thread about a child and it made me realise my concerns were real and I have now taken the next step in reporting them.

Sometimes its easier to ask about on an anonymous forum than it is to ask people who know you and might also know the child/family.
Has this been done please?

I don’t think I have ever been so disturbed by anything as I have this case. I can’t stop thinking about that dear little boys suffering. I cried when I watched the news, I cried cooking tea on Friday. I have done some Xmas shopping this morning and I don’t feel any joy, I just keep wondering how sad Arthur’s Xmas’s must have been.
I can’t unsee the footage on the news, nor can I unhear the evidence I have heard and it’s eating away at me.
I wonder if it’s because my grandson is just a couple of years younger and looks a bit like Arthur? Said Grandson has known nothing but love and the thought of anyone hurting him is horrific. Much as my partner is disgusted by this case too, I think he’s getting a bit fed up if seeing me mope about with red eyes!
Please can someone tell me I am not alone!!
Deffo not alone!! I dont think he ever had any horrific christmases as I think his torture was only through lockdown (way too long still)!!! I’m away on holiday and all I can think of is how this little boy won’t get another holiday and it sickens me!!

I don’t think I have ever been so disturbed by anything as I have this case. I can’t stop thinking about that dear little boys suffering. I cried when I watched the news, I cried cooking tea on Friday. I have done some Xmas shopping this morning and I don’t feel any joy, I just keep wondering how sad Arthur’s Xmas’s must have been.
I can’t unsee the footage on the news, nor can I unhear the evidence I have heard and it’s eating away at me.
I wonder if it’s because my grandson is just a couple of years younger and looks a bit like Arthur? Said Grandson has known nothing but love and the thought of anyone hurting him is horrific. Much as my partner is disgusted by this case too, I think he’s getting a bit fed up if seeing me mope about with red eyes!
Please can someone tell me I am not alone!!
Deffo not alone!! I dont think he ever had any horrific christmases as I think his torture was only (still too long)through lockdown (way too long still)!!! I’m away on holiday and all I can think of is how this little boy won’t get another holiday and it sickens me!!

Last edited:

SmudgeTheCat

Chatty Member
SS saying that they closed the case cause the house was immaculate when they also gave TH and ET prior warning is a red flag or warning sign to me those houses they live in are tiny I’m pretty sure they are just two up two down so where were all the kids toys it was lockdown it’s not like the kids were out at school all day sorry but to be that is odd
When you say immaculate, do you mean clean or like just no toys on show etc