Emma - Thebudgetingslimmer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She treats supermarkets like Pokemon go travelling round to collect obscure junk food items which are always limited edition because nobody likes them enough to repeat purchase so it’s purely aimed at those who like a fad

Reactions: 8
She also doesn’t understand SW very well.

Just because she didn’t have speed with her tea she’s going to have blueberries at some point. Speed food is great, 1/3 of your plate if it makes sense and if you don’t want it or don’t have it, then reduce portions accordingly.

The additional calories by having more speed food later in the day isn’t going to help weight loss unless it’s replacing something else (which I don’t think it is 😩)
This. Speed food is good in the fact it helps reduce calories naturally (half your plate speed and let’s say pasta), so you naturally eat less pasta. Tonight I had beans on toast, you don’t then add a side dish of broccoli to make you lose weight faster or a bowl of blueberries an hour later because you need speed. You’re then actually overeating for the sake of it. Yes having speed food is great and healthy but it’s not magic, it’s just less calories. Tbh every consultant I’ve had hasn’t explained it properly, I’ve learnt from certain accounts on insta. You don’t have to have speed if it means eating extra calories for the sake of it just to get ‘speed’ in. Obvs that doesn’t mean eating chips every day but the odd meal is fine when you cba like me tonight so opt for beans on toast which actually isn’t bad for you with your B choice.

Reactions: 6
This girl has admitted to suffering from eating disorders in the past so you would think her dad or boyfriend would keep and eye on her food habits and notice she’s got half of Sainsbury’s underneath her bed?

Reactions: 4
This girl has admitted to suffering from eating disorders in the past so you would think her dad or boyfriend would keep and eye on her food habits and notice she’s got half of Sainsbury’s underneath her bed?
Her boyfriend is as bad, he’s constantly buying food for her! Tbh he doesn’t seem the sharpest tool in the box either!

Reactions: 2
This. Speed food is good in the fact it helps reduce calories naturally (half your plate speed and let’s say pasta), so you naturally eat less pasta. Tonight I had beans on toast, you don’t then add a side dish of broccoli to make you lose weight faster or a bowl of blueberries an hour later because you need speed. You’re then actually overeating for the sake of it. Yes having speed food is great and healthy but it’s not magic, it’s just less calories. Tbh every consultant I’ve had hasn’t explained it properly, I’ve learnt from certain accounts on insta. You don’t have to have speed if it means eating extra calories for the sake of it just to get ‘speed’ in. Obvs that doesn’t mean eating chips every day but the odd meal is fine when you cba like me tonight so opt for beans on toast which actually isn’t bad for you with your B choice.
Exactly! I know people just add speed for the sake of it and I used to be one of them but my consultant (my third and final one because she’s wonderful) kept repeating a third of your plate is speed but only if it makes sense and I started realising that I didn’t need to put spinach with everything. I know 50% won’t be Emma’s fault as her consultant should tell her (if she stays to group that is) but like you said, we all learn from Instagram.

Plus she was on SW when I first started way before I got to target about three years ago so she should know it back to front.

So much for staying low on syns today...almost a whole days used on burgers

She could make her own chicken burgers and they’d be such lower. SW is so more harder to stay on plan if you don’t cook yourself.

If she’s struggling this much in her second week SW clearly isn’t that way to go, this is usually when motivation is highest.

I feel sorry for her she’s clearly in some sort of MH dip

8 syns turned into 26 syns. Its what happens when you have no self control, and a drawer full of junk. She needs therapy to help with her disorder, otherwise she'll fail every diet she goes on.

Reactions: 3
But you shouldn’t Be planning your day around your syns. I plan my syns within my meals, such as butter, sauces etc so I’m eating healthy meals and learning to stop eating tit. Eating syn free chips and then chocolate defeats the object as your calories will still be high

Reactions: 1
Half of Sainsbury's underneath her bed - this made me LOL so much 😂😂

Reactions: 4
Shes now saying shes got a binge eating disorder. Im glad she is recognising her eating is disordered. SW isnt the best for that though as it encourages free food which emma seems to understand as calorie free food.

Shes now saying shes got a binge eating disorder. Im glad she is recognising her eating is disordered. SW isnt the best for that though as it encourages free food which emma seems to understand as calorie free food.
I don’t believe that she has ever had this diagnosed to be honest, neither do I think the anxiety has or she would have been given somekind of talking therapy CBT etc, despite the NHS being stretched, they are good at referring for this. I think she has self diagnosed like half of Instagram, clearly her eating is disordered but she doesn't reialise it’s not enough to get the label, you have to actually do something about it.

I actually messaged her a while ago and was really supportive, tried to give her some advice, it was around the time of the hunger directed eating car crash, but it all falls of deaf ears. Part of the problem is that when she shares these accounts she loves to follow, most of them are other ‘disordered eaters’ like that Rosie bird who starves herself to post lingerie shots Or the ilk of people who are all about cheating the plan.

Ultimately she has a very sweet tooth and no willpower. That might actually be the extent of it 😂

I don’t believe that she has ever had this diagnosed to be honest, neither do I think the anxiety has or she would have been given somekind of talking therapy CBT etc, despite the NHS being stretched, they are good at referring for this. I think she has self diagnosed like half of Instagram, clearly her eating is disordered but she doesn't reialise it’s not enough to get the label, you have to actually do something about it.

I actually messaged her a while ago and was really supportive, tried to give her some advice, it was around the time of the hunger directed eating car crash, but it all falls of deaf ears. Part of the problem is that when she shares these accounts she loves to follow, most of them are other ‘disordered eaters’ like that Rosie bird who starves herself to post lingerie shots Or the ilk of people who are all about cheating the plan.

Ultimately she has a very sweet tooth and no willpower. That might actually be the extent of it 😂
I didn’t want to say this incase I offended but I thought it was just something she’s just self diagnosed tbh. I think she knows she doesn’t have good eating habits so she is using that as a way to excuse it

I agree with the above posts.

So she’s posted 40 mins ago saying she’s “having a super early breakfast this morning” seriously what planet does she live on?

She has claimed in the past that she was diagnosed and had treatment but if that's the case she would know how to manage it and I would expect that buying hoards of junk food does not fit in that treatment plan. I have a big appetite but on slimming world I abused the free foods like pasta and rice, I wouldn't be having 2 kievs, 2 burgers etc when making my meals but I also cooked 90% from scratch 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I didn’t want to say this incase I offended but I thought it was just something she’s just self diagnosed tbh. I think she knows she doesn’t have good eating habits so she is using that as a way to excuse it
I don’t mean it to be offensive - just to clarify, she clearly does have issues and disordered eating/ behaviours, like hoarding the food. I just don’t think she had ever seen a health professional about it because she would have been equipped with some help and support, not just waved out the door to crack on with it! Fundamentally she doesn’t want to change or she would be doing something proactive, she is lazy and hoping that she will stumble upon a diet that solves all her problems, however it wont.

what I find most interesting now is what action her consultant takes, this is clearly someone with disordered eating who is not following the plan and will not get results, sounds like she got more good advice from the woman behind her in the weight queue who advised her two potatoes was too much and three handfuls of pasta excessive.... wonder if she had seen her on Instagram 😂

I don’t mean it to be offensive - just to clarify, she clearly does have issues and disordered eating/ behaviours, like hoarding the food. I just don’t think she had ever seen a health professional about it because she would have been equipped with some help and support, not just waved out the door to crack on with it! Fundamentally she doesn’t want to change or she would be doing something proactive, she is lazy and hoping that she will stumble upon a diet that solves all her problems, however it wont.

what I find most interesting now is what action her consultant takes, this is clearly someone with disordered eating who is not following the plan and will not get results, sounds like she got more good advice from the woman behind her in the weight queue who advised her two potatoes was too much and three handfuls of pasta excessive.... wonder if she had seen her on Instagram 😂
Oh no I wasn’t saying you were offensive or anything. Just sometimes people take things the wrong way so I thought I’d wait and see if anybody else had similar thoughts to me haha