Emma Tamsin (Hill)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm no fan of Emma but don't spread information you aren't sure of. I attended college with Emma, in Preston City centre. The college was diverse, there was a high number of Asian students as well as BAME, I saw her around the grounds with black friends, mixed friends etc. Back then she was nothing like she is now, in fact she dressed rather indie so I can't speak on what occurred at uni, but before you come on here spreading info like she never met a black person before, you should be 100% on that fact because otherwise you look dumb. I'm not condoning any of her other behaviours, I think she's delusional but that doesn't mean you should be too. And on the topic of Longridge, again it's a little village, there's no need to make out like it's the old South, its a quiet place with very little going on. Maybe that is another reason why she feels the need to grossly act out as something she is not. The KKK isn't strong there believe me. It's not a Get Out situation. Just be sure on what you say in future.
I went to the same college as emma and I am a minority myself. I'd say it's mostly muslim or white college however most asians stay with asians and white people with white people. It's very segregated that way.

Of course she had met a black person before I was clearly over exaggerating, who in the UK hasnt.

What I meant by that, she was not friends or didnt actually associate with black people until Uni and I know this for a fact. Not that I saw anyway and definitely not enough to influence her to have a AAVE accent?? Which is what the whole point is about. Going to a college with a high Muslim population doesnt make you talk like you're a black woman from Harlem.

Also in my experience I have felt uncomfortable in Longridge as I have in many small white towns. I'm not saying it's a racist town and everyone who lives there is racist but its uncomfortable when you're a visible minority to be stared and have comments made from car windows!

Reactions: 6
I used to be a big fan of Emma and I still watch her videos but I'm noticing more and more on how she much she seems to dwell into black culture without given credit. Yes she did a week of posting black owned businesses etc but this was in response to BLM. However she's been doing this for a while. There's nothing wrong with embracing a culture and learning from it especially if majority of your friends are from that particular culture. But I do question is this more so because of popularity? Because it looks good and it's the latest trend to do so.

Authenticity is key and I'm starting to see this dwindle away more and more with her
She followed about 10% of the black owned businesses she posted about!

Reactions: 3
I'm no fan of Emma but don't spread information you aren't sure of. I attended college with Emma, in Preston City centre. The college was diverse, there was a high number of Asian students as well as BAME, I saw her around the grounds with black friends, mixed friends etc. Back then she was nothing like she is now, in fact she dressed rather indie so I can't speak on what occurred at uni, but before you come on here spreading info like she never met a black person before, you should be 100% on that fact because otherwise you look dumb. I'm not condoning any of her other behaviours, I think she's delusional but that doesn't mean you should be too. And on the topic of Longridge, again it's a little village, there's no need to make out like it's the old South, its a quiet place with very little going on. Maybe that is another reason why she feels the need to grossly act out as something she is not. The KKK isn't strong there believe me. It's not a Get Out situation. Just be sure on what you say in future.
I live not far from Preston in a town that’s very multicultural and whilst the housing is very segregated still it’s not as if people point and stare at an Asian, a black a Chinese or an Eastern European person, for example!
I Was tryna work out where this ‘racist white’ little village was and I couldn’t work it out! Longridge is hardly a backwater village miles from anywhere is it 😂😂
She just saw an opportunity to fit in with a crowd and ran with it... you could tell from those early YouTube ‘get lit with us’ ‘tipsy grwm’ videos on YouTube that she was copying the friends she spent time with! Ive said it before but for someone who spouts so much about self love and self worth etc she really doesn’t have her own personality

I live not far from Preston in a town that’s very multicultural and whilst the housing is very segregated still it’s not as if people point and stare at an Asian, a black a Chinese or an Eastern European person, for example!
I Was tryna work out where this ‘racist white’ little village was and I couldn’t work it out! Longridge is hardly a backwater village miles from anywhere is it 😂😂
She just saw an opportunity to fit in with a crowd and ran with it... you could tell from those early YouTube ‘get lit with us’ ‘tipsy grwm’ videos on YouTube that she was copying the friends she spent time with! Ive said it before but for someone who spouts so much about self love and self worth etc she really doesn’t have her own personality
I agree she doesnt have her own personality. I think deep down she is insecure.

Why are people making out like I said Longridge was racist? All I said is it is affluent and I recieved hostility and shouting from cars there as a POC. Of course it's not a racist village i just think sheltered.

I agree she doesnt have her own personality. I think deep down she is insecure.

Why are people making out like I said Longridge was racist? All I said is it is affluent and I recieved hostility and shouting from cars there as a POC. Of course it's not a racist village i just think sheltered.
Sorry! I used the wrong term I apologise.

yeah she is deffo insecure and just trying to grab onto any identity she can.

also think it’s absolute bullshit that in this day and age people think it is acceptable to shout unacceptable things from cars, there is just no need

So why is Emma releasing her clothing line which consists of big thick jumpers in the summer? Seriously, it's been so warm who in their right mind is going to buy the stuff right now?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve said this before, but who is buying Emma’s clothes? They’re just Fruit of the Loom cheap sweats with faux inspirational sayings embroidered on them. I wouldn’t dream of leaving my house dressed like that. I wonder how we’ll the company is doing or if it’s just funded by mum and dad.

Reactions: 9
I’ve said this before, but who is buying Emma’s clothes? They’re just Fruit of the Loom cheap sweats with faux inspirational sayings embroidered on them. I wouldn’t dream of leaving my house dressed like that. I wonder how we’ll the company is doing or if it’s just funded by mum and dad.
Plus-size lasses from the wider Preston region, I’d imagine.

• Haha
I wouldn’t even consider buying any of her stuff but I semi understand the allbody/inclusive ethos that she had in the beginning. However...how does that translate to making baby clothes?? Do we need inclusive clothing for babies, I don’t really understand the direction she’s going in 🧐

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t even consider buying any of her stuff but I semi understand the allbody/inclusive ethos that she had in the beginning. However...how does that translate to making baby clothes?? Do we need inclusive clothing for babies, I don’t really understand the direction she’s going in 🧐
I get the all body thing. It’s an excellent idea BUT t shirts and trackies have always been available in all sizes. When you see those people on My 600lb Life, they’re always dressed in joggers and sweats because those clothes are readily available in those sizes.

It would have been better to start a brand that had actual decent plus size clothing in desirable styles and fabrics.

Reactions: 8
I don’t understand what the USP of all body is meant to be anyway - boohoo, PLT and missguided all have identical designs of generic t shirts/sweatshirts with positive affirmations on them.

Reactions: 6
She could’ve created something really good with her ethos and inclusivity, it’s a shame she chose slogan t shirts over things like dresses, skirts, workwear etc for plus size people.

Reactions: 2
Things like simple tees or sweatshirts with embroidery or a logo screenprrint are the cheapest thing to make. You don't really have to design anything aside from the logo /slogan or whatever print you have. It can be done quickly and cheaply in China. Things like actual clothes require a lot of design time, lots of amendments, and a lot of money. She would have to hire someone to actually design the clothes which she probably could not afford with her start up capital. Not defending Emma at all, but what she did offers most money for your buck, especially if you're start up capital is limited. Maybe her plan was that once allbody picks up, she would go into more bespoke designs, but I don't really know... I just wonder who would buy this stuff in the first place, it's like glorified emma merch and she has already limited herself with the way she decided to make her clothing all about positive affirmations. Brands like boohoo started off buying ready stock from China and selling it at their market stall (facts!) eventually building a site and getting their own labels on to the clothing. I'm not sure how much of the clothes is their own exclusive designs, and how much is just a label slapped on to generic clothing, but they've done this very well. For someone like Emma, who already has a platform, importing generic clothes and selling for profit would be hard, because undoubtedly she would face backlash. The brand at the moment is limited, but maybe that's just her entry point on to the market, and she's planning to expand on to more intricate and varied designs?

This is all speculation btw... I'm just thinking out loud more than anything. Maybe the first thing she should do for her brand to promote honesty and stop lying about her size for one, and secondly, be open about her brand plans with her audience.

Things like simple tees or sweatshirts with embroidery or a logo screenprrint are the cheapest thing to make. You don't really have to design anything aside from the logo /slogan or whatever print you have. It can be done quickly and cheaply in China. Things like actual clothes require a lot of design time, lots of amendments, and a lot of money. She would have to hire someone to actually design the clothes which she probably could not afford with her start up capital. Not defending Emma at all, but what she did offers most money for your buck, especially if you're start up capital is limited. Maybe her plan was that once allbody picks up, she would go into more bespoke designs, but I don't really know... I just wonder who would buy this stuff in the first place, it's like glorified emma merch and she has already limited herself with the way she decided to make her clothing all about positive affirmations. Brands like boohoo started off buying ready stock from China and selling it at their market stall (facts!) eventually building a site and getting their own labels on to the clothing. I'm not sure how much of the clothes is their own exclusive designs, and how much is just a label slapped on to generic clothing, but they've done this very well. For someone like Emma, who already has a platform, importing generic clothes and selling for profit would be hard, because undoubtedly she would face backlash. The brand at the moment is limited, but maybe that's just her entry point on to the market, and she's planning to expand on to more intricate and varied designs?

This is all speculation btw... I'm just thinking out loud more than anything. Maybe the first thing she should do for her brand to promote honesty and stop lying about her size for one, and secondly, be open about her brand plans with her audience.
I would agree with what you’re saying but she’s charging £18 for slogan tshirts and apparently selling out... she has the money. Also why would she need to hire someone when she has a fashion degree!

Reactions: 1
I would agree with what you’re saying but she’s charging £18 for slogan tshirts and apparently selling out... she has the money. Also why would she need to hire someone when she has a fashion degree!
nah i think her degree was in styling so she probably has duck all knowledge of garment design and pattern cutting etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think it’s about time someone designed some ‘plus size’ clothes that actually suit big people.
taking straight size clothing and sewing it bigge isn’t the answer because (and people will probably shout at me for my next comment) but a lot of the clothes boohoo and plt for example sell in the plus size section are just not flattering on a big person...
then you get places like Evans and yours clothing who think all fat people are over 60! Hahaha
Basically I just took the number 7 bus all round the town and back to say...
someone needs to make us fatties some clothing that is trendy but size appropriate!

Ps Emma’s clothes are tit!
half of the quotes are tit
She is literally just using the purchasing idiots as walking billboards
She needs to go away
Also I’m from the ‘wider Preston area’ as someone said and I wouldn’t buy her tit haha

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There's a surprising amount of Emma defenders on here lol

not defending her at all. Look at some of my previous comments and decide for yourself. I'm just trying to say it's as simple as people say, but at the same time I can't really find much to praise her for in regards to her clothing line.

I think it’s about time someone designed some ‘plus size’ clothes that actually suit big people.
taking straight size clothing and sewing it bigge isn’t the answer because (and people will probably shout at me for my next comment) but a lot of the clothes boohoo and plt for example sell in the plus size section are just not flattering on a big person...
then you get places like Evans and yours clothing who think all fat people are over 60! Hahaha
Basically I just took the number 7 bus all round the town and back to say...
someone needs to make us fatties some clothing that is trendy but size appropriate!
I agree with this wholeheartedly!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.