Emma Tamsin Hill #4 Overpriced trackies showing off her tuppence, when will she get her comeuppance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
to be fair a lot of us do quote memes and that’s what she’s doing. i don’t think she’s doing minstrel show bits when she says “add a little bit of spice “. she’s corny because she gets her personality from whatever tiktok she watched, but she’s not some evil nazi.

Reactions: 4
to be fair a lot of us do quote memes and that’s what she’s doing. i don’t think she’s doing minstrel show bits when she says “add a little bit of spice “. she’s corny because she gets her personality from whatever tiktok she watched, but she’s not some evil nazi.
But when someone tells you "sorry darling, not sure what are you doing is right" you reply with a "thanks for letting me know, i will work on it/change".
When Emma gets this kind of messages, she just CANCEL them... To keep her "i am the best and everyone loves me" persona.
She cancels and blocks everyone that dare to tell her something, and I am not talking about the rude people.
In the last thread we saw that she even blocked a girl that told her that her photoshoot in corona times was not right, sharing a very personal family death... What did emma do?? she BLOCKED THE PERSON!!!!!!!
this is disgusting behaviour, that is what we do no like about her.. Keeping doing it even if tons of people told her, just blocking and going on with her problematic behaviour.

(also, one of her best friends does a blatant blackface, and Emma never addressed it even tho people call this out a lot of times)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She’s not just quoting memes though, in her efforts to create a persona that she thinks will be popular online and thus be profitable to her, she has adopted an entire manner of speaking/gesticulating/intonation that are a mix of what is only native to black Londoner’s/African American women. We’ve seen that she reverts back to her natural way of speaking when she’s around her family, which proves that she reserves her black/urban persona for online where she feels it benefits her to do so. There is no logical reason for her to present herself the way she does online. It’s pure and utter mimicking of minorities for her own personal gain, and it is in my honest opinion the ultimate expression of white middle class privilege to be able to turn that on and off as required. I for example as a black Londoner can’t take my skin or my accent off, it’s just who I am, and there are circumstances where it means i will be judged and I may not have a favourable outcome in terms of job opportunities or interactions with people in positions of power. But I can’t take a mask off and revert back to a comfortable place of privilege as Emma does. I just have to get on with things. Emma is like a vampire sucking the positive side out of being black (ie) the culture, but having the privilege to not have to take on any of the difficulties some of us face. And just on the note of memes etc, I don’t personally mind at all when non black people use natively black terms that are genuinely so widely known that they are just part of mainstream pop culture, but what Emma does goes way above and beyond that. As I said she has constructed a whole online persona caricaturising black people to further her own career. I don’t think she’s racist, I think she’s just extremely greedy and in spite of what she said in her reply about being an ally, I think she is more than willing to exploit minorities for her own gain, in fact I don’t think it bothers her one bit what she’s doing and I don’t believe she has any intention of stopping what is a lucrative little act for her

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It’s not “rubbed off on her”. She has chosen to use their mannerisms. We all know when she has certain adverts she turns it off, and talks “normally” in her regular voice and mannerisms. She’s so disrespectful

If she really wanted to adress it and apologise she would have pinned her comment, not let it hide down the bottom of her comments.

Last edited:
  • Heart
She’s not just quoting memes though, in her efforts to create a persona that she thinks will be popular online and thus be profitable to her, she has adopted an entire manner of speaking/gesticulating/intonation that are a mix of what is only native to black Londoner’s/African American women. We’ve seen that she reverts back to her natural way of speaking when she’s around her family, which proves that she reserves her black/urban persona for online where she feels it benefits her to do so. There is no logical reason for her to present herself the way she does online. It’s pure and utter mimicking of minorities for her own personal gain, and it is in my honest opinion the ultimate expression of white middle class privilege to be able to turn that on and off as required. I for example as a black Londoner can’t take my skin or my accent off, it’s just who I am, and there are circumstances where it means i will be judged and I may not have a favourable outcome in terms of job opportunities or interactions with people in positions of power. But I can’t take a mask off and revert back to a comfortable place of privilege as Emma does. I just have to get on with things. Emma is like a vampire sucking the positive side out of being black (ie) the culture, but having the privilege to not have to take on any of the difficulties some of us face. And just on the note of memes etc, I don’t personally mind at all when non black people use natively black terms that are genuinely so widely known that they are just part of mainstream pop culture, but what Emma does goes way above and beyond that. As I said she has constructed a whole online persona caricaturising black people to further her own career. I don’t think she’s racist, I think she’s just extremely greedy and in spite of what she said in her reply about being an ally, I think she is more than willing to exploit minorities for her own gain, in fact I don’t think it bothers her one bit what she’s doing and I don’t believe she has any intention of stopping what is a lucrative little act for her
Thankfully for explaining so thoroughly, didn’t have the energy to type it myself.

I literally don’t know ANYONE black that acts the way Emma does, yes a little “period” here and there and a bit of city girl persona. But nowhere near the level of Emma’s behaviour. As a black Londoner even I feel there’s a limit for me with AAVE, as while I’m still black I’m not American, so I still have to watch that the way I use it and how often is appropriate and I’ve seen general chat on black twitter about uk black girls getting dragged for overusing it, let alone some white girl from a village up north.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She doesn’t just quotes meme 🙄 she changes her whole dialect / accent and mannerism including her embarrassing hand gestures. Nobody said she’s an evil Nazi and I don’t think anyone here thinks she has malicious intent behind her actions. However, she is appropriating and it needs to stop, it’s weird and the fact that she’s been saying she will change for the past year or so but hasn’t just shows how ignorant she still is.

• Heart
Thankfully for explaining so thoroughly, didn’t have the energy to type it myself.

I literally don’t know ANYONE black that acts the way Emma does, yes a little “period” here and there and a bit of city girl persona. But nowhere near the level of Emma’s behaviour. As a black Londoner even I feel there’s a limit for me with AAVE, as while I’m still black I’m not American, so I still have to watch that the way I use it and how often is appropriate and I’ve seen general chat on black twitter about uk black girls getting dragged for overusing it, let alone some white girl from a village up north.
Exactly, my dads from the West Indies but spent 20years in New York before coming to the UK, and even he doesn’t use that much AAVE, because it’s been 30 years since he was in that environment and it’s just naturally faded over time. As someone from the UK I would feel completely ridiculous if I used AAVE as much as Emma does

Also, all of my white friends and neighbours have lived in an area with a very large West Indian population/influence and they all use social media as much as the rest of us and none of them speak like Emma

Reactions: 10
Her last video was titled "issa no dawg!" That alone shows it's done on purpose! Yet when shes speaking to daddy she talks like a 5 year old! Shes just bleeping weird!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just want to give everyone on here a shout out for the education over the last couple of days. I've disliked loads of her videos and will carry on doing so (I just hate that her view count will be through the roof given these discussions taking place on her video)

I'm a bit annoyed by this narrative she gives out that blokes are scared of sex toys. Every relationship I've ever been in, sex toys have added to the sex, they've never made my partners feel jealous or anything. She'd probably know that if she'd had as much sex as she makes out she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is the problem though! " A lot of us ".. as in white. As in privileged.

Reactions: 6
I don’t understand how she stocked literal baby clothes for allbaby but doesn’t even carry a size for people under a size 8 lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9
5BE0429B-50C6-4043-9382-6B8D7916AB27.jpeg

£80 for a bullet vibrator you can pick up at Anne summers for £20.

Seriously does she think her followers are made of money. She talks basic crap about sex toys and masturbation that most people over the age of 20 know anyway and then promotes wildly expensive sex toys to her younger audience.

I hope they all wise up!

Imagine lounging around in your £80 AllBody tracksuit, lighting your £15 AllBody candles, eating overpriced AllBody sweets, using an £80 bullet vibrator 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Yeah I watched the video and I don't know if its meant to be the case, but it seems like she's giving advice to 15-19 year olds. Is this her target audience now because she's gonna struggle getting 80 quid out of kids.

Reactions: 7
88870F09-111B-4156-9D47-F1B54E4A4133.jpeg
E5DB77CE-3A97-4997-8C08-0F2E38DCA238.jpeg

Just had a nosey at Gemma Collins clothing line.

Not only does she have a full loungewear set for under £40 she also stocks hoodies with Pinterest self love quotes on that are cheaper and have a wider range of sizes.

I did notice her buzzword seems to be boutique not bespoke like our Em 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm new here but saw her Too Fat For Love BBC 3 short years ago - I initially thought she was white but there was a scene in the show where she sounded like an Afro-Caribbean for a second and I thought she was maybe half-white-half-black. I know some non-Black people have grown up with a similar accent in the past few decades though.

I'm new here but saw her Too Fat For Love BBC 3 short years ago - I initially thought she was white but there was a scene in the show where she sounded like an Afro-Caribbean for a second and I thought she was maybe half-white-half-black. I know some non-Black people have grown up with a similar accent in the past few decades though.
Nope our sis is white middle class from Preston 🥴

Reactions: 10
View attachment 412134
£80 for a bullet vibrator you can pick up at Anne summers for £20.

Seriously does she think her followers are made of money. She talks basic crap about sex toys and masturbation that most people over the age of 20 know anyway and then promotes wildly expensive sex toys to her younger audience.

I hope they all wise up!

Imagine lounging around in your £80 AllBody tracksuit, lighting your £15 AllBody candles, eating overpriced AllBody sweets, using an £80 bullet vibrator 😂
Them Ann summers bullets are usually at the till for a fiver if you spend £20!
Dont forget your bath salts and duck you bath bomb...that will prob give you thrush!

• Haha
  • Heart
Them Ann summers bullets are usually at the till for a fiver if you spend £20!
Dont forget your bath salts and duck you bath bomb...that will prob give you thrush!
Didn't watch more than 30 seconds. duck off did she say that 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.