Emma Johnson (Emma's Rectangle)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never posted on this thread, but I have to say she really bleeping annoys me and I have to turn off her YouTube videos but I cannot put my finger on what bugs the tit out of me

Reactions: 6
I hope her family and friends are noticing these obsessive habits and checking it on her/dissuading her from the volume of exercise and restrictive eating.
If she’s not got one already, she’s on the path of an eating disorder.

Reactions: 2
You’re also not meant to do yoga followed by lifting (it lengthens your muscles and can lead to injury) which she does a LOT... there’s just no need? If you’re going to do that, do it on days you aren’t otherwise exercising... not 600 sessions in 365 days

god I wish I had this much free time around my full time job

Edit: I used to actually really like Emma but this constant talking of working out is making me feel guilty for my own 4x a week lifting, like that isn’t enough? Does she not realise the influence she has on her audience with this mentality?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You’re also not meant to do yoga followed by lifting (it lengthens your muscles and can lead to injury) which she does a LOT... there’s just no need? If you’re going to do that, do it on days you aren’t otherwise exercising... not 600 sessions in 365 days

god I wish I had this much free time around my full time job

Edit: I used to actually really like Emma but this constant talking of working out is making me feel guilty for my own 4x a week lifting, like that isn’t enough? Does she not realise the influence she has on her audience with this mentality?

Isn't she working with a coach? I thought she started with one in her new year vlog she sent measurements to them, surely they wouldn't agree with those workout goals..

Reactions: 2
Isn't she working with a coach? I thought she started with one in her new year vlog she sent measurements to them, surely they wouldn't agree with those workout goals..
She has got a new coach but like, 300 workouts alone is 6 days a week give or take a few, that’s without the 300 days of yoga... surely her coach has told her that not only is this ridiculous but also unnecessary? Your body builds when it is recovering, you need rest days. You can do just as much building and cutting in 4 days as you can in 6...

Reactions: 5
She has got a new coach but like, 300 workouts alone is 6 days a week give or take a few, that’s without the 300 days of yoga... surely her coach has told her that not only is this ridiculous but also unnecessary? Your body builds when it is recovering, you need rest days. You can do just as much building and cutting in 4 days as you can in 6...
Yes exactly, it shows that she's not educated when it comes to fitness otherwise she'd know the importance of rest. She will be vlogging about how's she's burnt out come April and it will be the lack of rest.

Reactions: 3
Literally her goals for 2021 video was just laughable. Going on about how she wants to grow her channel - she's been saying that for the past 5 years! Saying how she wants to hit 250k on You Tube and how she thinks she needs to be more consistent with her videos (no tit sherlock!) but then in today's Vlog days she won't get a video up because she's been too busy (doing what exactly we are in lockdown?) but then later in the Vlog contradicts herself by saying it's been a slow boring week.

Apparently she is going to focus on more exercise videos and what I eat in a day because we all love those 🙄🤔

And the blatent begging for a collab with Tea Pigs - desperate much?!

Oh and I can't wait for her e-recipe book - I wonder if it'll be called 1000 ways to stew an apple.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Literally her goals for 2021 video was just laughable. Going on about how she wants to grow her channel - she's been saying that for the past 5 years! Saying how she wants to hit 250k on You Tube and how she thinks she needs to be more consistent with her videos (no tit sherlock!) but then in today's Vlog days she won't get a video up because she's been too busy (doing what exactly we are in lockdown?) but then later in the Vlog contradicts herself by saying it's been a slow boring week.

Apparently she is going to focus on more exercise videos and what I eat in a day because we all love those 🙄🤔

And the blatent begging for a collab with Tea Pigs - desperate much?!

Oh and I can't wait for her e-recipe book - I wonder if it'll be called 1000 ways to stew an apple.
Different stewed fruit, pages 1 - 45 - boiled vegetables for soups pages 46 - 89 protein powders, protein cookies, protein bars and skinny no calorie sweetness pgs 90 onwards, all with aff links 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

I would never voluntarily ingest those fake sweetners with rhe damage I'm sure they do. The few times I've tried protein powder it's been really disgusting, i know that's why the sweetners are used in the big brands now but...🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I’m so sick of hearing her talking about not getting videos up 🙄 It’s like 20% of each weekly vlog

Reactions: 10
I’m so sick of hearing her talking about not getting videos up 🙄 It’s like 20% of each weekly vlog
Literally what does she do with her time? She needs to treat YouTube like a full time job, which it is for her... wake up, do your work, finish at 5 and THEN do your 600 workouts and stew your apples. If you’re not uploading videos how can you expect to grow?

Imagine if us regular people every week kept going to our managers saying "sorry I won't get x, y, z done this week" and gave multiple excuses. We'd be getting a talking to if that was happening all the time. These youtubers don't realise the luxury and privileged position they are in when it comes to their "work".

Imagine if us regular people every week kept going to our managers saying "sorry I won't get x, y, z done this week" and gave multiple excuses. We'd be getting a talking to if that was happening all the time. These youtubers don't realise the luxury and privileged position they are in when it comes to their "work".
Yeah it was the ‘shall I go for a walk and put up my video late or put up the vid now?’ that got me. I can just imagine saying to my boss, oh your report will be a couple of hours late as I want to go for a walk. And his reaction! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She just has 0 work ethic, if she was interested in properly growing her channel instead of just giving it lip service she wouldn’t just film edit and upload on the same day! She could even outsource the editing! She just doesn’t have her priorities in order, she just wants to exercise ALL THE FRICKIN TIME

Reactions: 9
I think when influencers haven’t come from a full time ‘proper job’, they just haven’t developed that work ethic and pride in their work. Starting a job and making your own money is such a character building process. I’m a completely different person than when I started working over 10 years ago. I’m independent, more confident than I ever was before and I take pride in my work. I think they miss out on that.

Reactions: 5
I think when influencers haven’t come from a full time ‘proper job’, they just haven’t developed that work ethic and pride in their work. Starting a job and making your own money is such a character building process. I’m a completely different person than when I started working over 10 years ago. I’m independent, more confident than I ever was before and I take pride in my work. I think they miss out on that.
Ugh I completely agree! Definitely notice a difference between Emma's generation of influencers who've done it since school, and those who've had proper jobs they've quit to do influencing full time.

Reactions: 4
When she said in her video that she's struggling with motivation so she won't start posting regularly until next week. Again boo hoo Emma, get with the real world, sometimes you've just got to suck it up no matter how you're feeling. There's days where we'd all love to push things back until we are feeling more motivated but it doesn't work like that. So boring listening to her sob story when she's in a more privileged position than most.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.