Emma Johnson (Emma's Rectangle)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She should nevee have moved her bf in, it's clear they should break up but she doesn't have the confidence to find someone new much less be on her own. He likes the easy free flat, and parent free space and tbh why wouldn't he?
It’s clear she still very much sees it as her flat. It’s all her stuff out and Tim has barely got a mark on it. I think it was forced by lockdown but to me it seems like they’re very good friends, I don’t see anything romantic there.

Reactions: 7
As with the walk situation she has just swept it under rug rather than address it properly. When Helen Anderson messed up with her haircut she addressed it in her next YouTube, Emma just posted a comment on her video and made a joke of it in the following vlog. It’s a big issue and a story is not enough.
I’m sorry but please don’t use Helen as a benchmark for apologies 😂 I won’t discuss her here as this isn’t her thread but her actual thread has loads of comments and evidence about her being a prick with this stuff

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s clear she still very much sees it as her flat. It’s all her stuff out and Tim has barely got a mark on it. I think it was forced by lockdown but to me it seems like they’re very good friends, I don’t see anything romantic there.
I think Emma struggles with people being in her space, I think she panicked when it came to lockdown and Tim coming back from uni and support bubbles weren’t a thing untill June? I think because they’ve been together for so long but not always been in proximity to each other (as he was at uni) she sort of feels like she’s missed out on the living with your boyfriend thing. So panicked and was like yes move in with me, but now regrets it as he’s working from home and she can’t just swan about as she used too, I think she really struggles to cope with any change! She shouldn’t have had him move in
But on the flip side, it’s her flat, she paid for it (or the bank of dad did) probs is paying the mortgage so she’s entitled to decorate it how she wants, what she does need to do is get Tim some more storage etc!

Reactions: 4
Not Emma getting called out for not asking if Actimel if they were doing w diverse campaign on their vegan promo when she ISN’T EVEN VEGAN 😩😂

literally all for show because she was called out for it
ouuu that line about the blackout squares. This tea chile... 🙃

Completely agree! Didn't mention it as I thought her not being vegan was trivial in comparison to the diversity issues. But yeah.. remember when the first lockdown happened and she panic bought a load of non-dairy milk and she got called out for it?

Also, apologies if my memory is failing me but has she ever brought up the topic of diversity/BLM? Ever?
She spoke about BLM and inclusion when it was at its boiling point this year. And as far as I’m aware, she hasn’t mentioned it since. TBH, (speaking for myself: black, Caribbean) I rather they live in their truth... their indifference... than force this “I’m so inclusive and WOKE!” persona that they adopt when there’s controversy.
You don’t have black friends, you don’t collab or even really interact with black creators ... so keep us out ya mouth when things get sticky.
That goes for all of the seasonal social justice warriors.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think her mentioning Linda sun a couple of times is nothing to do with diversity! Linda’s channel has grown super quick and emma wants to be noticed by her.

People like emma do these ‘I ate like x popular YouTuber for a day’ videos purely for views.

Reactions: 8
People like emma do these ‘I ate like x popular YouTuber for a day’ videos purely for views.
Yeah, Emma has name-dropped quite a few other influencers over the years that I’ve watched her. Helen anderson (before they did a video together. There was also a video of an event they both went to and it was so obvious that Emma wanted to catch Helen’s attention), jamie Genevieve and Bailey Sarian is another she’s mentioned a few times.

Reactions: 5
sorry but thats the least sincere apology I think I've ever seen 😂
Did you not read florence given's?? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: clearly the inspiration for passing the buck!

100% agree with you.

I think Emma struggles with people being in her space, I think she panicked when it came to lockdown and Tim coming back from uni and support bubbles weren’t a thing untill June? I think because they’ve been together for so long but not always been in proximity to each other (as he was at uni) she sort of feels like she’s missed out on the living with your boyfriend thing. So panicked and was like yes move in with me, but now regrets it as he’s working from home and she can’t just swan about as she used too, I think she really struggles to cope with any change! She shouldn’t have had him move in
But on the flip side, it’s her flat, she paid for it (or the bank of dad did) probs is paying the mortgage so she’s entitled to decorate it how she wants, what she does need to do is get Tim some more storage etc!
Yes you're right everything is paid for by her, the place is hers. But it feels like she doesn't want him there at all.

I think living with your bf / gf wpuld be perfect to timing post uni. I just don't get the impression they are into each other any more. They've both grown since school.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
😂 3rd day of the year and this thread has been blessedly quiet.

Honestly, I don’t know how I feel about Emma anymore. I used to quite like her but everything about her now is so forced and gross. She’s just hard to watch now. I probably need a break.

I hope she can get over her obsessive tendencies too. I really can’t take video after video of her boring meals and montages of her exercising. It doesn’t even trigger me the way it does some of you (and gosh I feel for you who are struggling with body and eating issues), I just find her obsession with fitness so lame. I can’t imagine people tuning in to watch her not transform. 🙄

Anyway, happy new year Ems and Tim! Oh gosh... poor Tim... forgot about him.

Reactions: 9
She’s just boring now. I used to really like her but I just can’t stand people who lose weight then change their whole life and don’t talk about anything else. She’s gone from not once ever exercising to obsessing over it and it’s all she talks about on her channel. Like she’s got something to prove or just wants to show off all the time that she’s now fit and has lost all this weight. She could have kept her channel the same and just done the exercise and weights off camera but no, her channel has changed so much it just bores me now. I bet she triggers so many people and makes them feel tit about being plus size and not exercising and eating well. Ugh.

I’m interested in what route her channel takes this year. She seems to abandoned her renovation vlogs and instagram. I don’t think the fitness content is going down as well as she had hoped. I initially followed her cos I liked her decor style still do to be fair), but we don’t see much of it anymore.

Reactions: 1
I’m interested in what route her channel takes this year. She seems to abandoned her renovation vlogs and instagram. I don’t think the fitness content is going down as well as she had hoped. I initially followed her cos I liked her decor style still do to be fair), but we don’t see much of it anymore.
That's the same reason I started following her. Her renovation vlogs and interior design style were somewhat more original and individual to her - I can watch anybody stew apples for the 25th time this week...

Reactions: 6
I have un subbed & un followed. I find it hard to believe all those people want her fitness routines and what she eats daily. Probably won’t be on this thread again as have no interest in keeping up with her, happy tattling! 😘

• Heart
That's the same reason I started following her. Her renovation vlogs and interior design style were somewhat more original and individual to her - I can watch anybody stew apples for the 25th time this week...
I feel like this is what really kicked her channel off. It’s certainly what started putting her on my recommended page. She has done very well in her fitness journey but I feel like she’s pushing it too much. And why does she think people want a load of videos just focussed on what she eats. The whole concept of that is so crass to me. Eating is such a unique thing to each person, I don’t feel like showing other people’s (sometimes disordered) eating habits is beneficial to anyone.

Last edited:
For some reason I wasn't getting notifications for this thread for months but I agree that Emma's fitness and eating content is way too in our faces and I completely see how it's triggering for people, I tend to not watch those videos and focus on her make up and fashion content as that's what I subscribed to her for - we're very similar in terms of taste in music and fashion so I hope she tones down all the other stuff soon if not I'll have to unsubscribe

Reactions: 1
i remember seeing a comment about how much she mentions alcohol, and there's now a ten min section on setting up their own bar for nye? i think she has a very obsessive personality, which is further justified when its validated with comments and views. her mentioning it in a title is probably so she can make excuses for further booze content if she gets pulled up on it again.

also the fact that tim has a desk based, kind of really technical job but he's only really allowed to use her office with permission shows she's still viewing him as a guest :censored:

I think she’s very routine driven. Which I can relate to to an extent, but unlike Emma, I work shifts which don’t allow me to have such a set routine. I could be working from 6 am til 2pm one day and then 2pm til 10pm another. I’d imagine a lot of people are in the same boat, and I think at times it can just make her quite unrelateable as her lifestyle just isn’t realistic for a large proportion of people.

Lol, Tim looking into investing.. I bet he's saving a fortune living with Emma 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.