Emma Johnson (Emma's Rectangle)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The lack of nutrition knowledge in her recent "Healthy Habits" video is maddening. She is promo-ing diet culture and giving false truths about the "calorie index" of foods. Dangerous messaging to young girls.

Reactions: 4
Yeah she is definitely a promo for diet culture atm. I just don’t believe that her lifestyle is achievable for most people... I certainly don’t have the time to go to the gym 6 days a week and personally I don’t think that’s entirely healthy, especially when she says she’s had issues in the past. It worries me that she has slipped into an unhealthy pattern with things, anyone remember when she took like 3 haribo strawbs to the cinema and and managed to make them last throughout the whole film?!?! That tit ain’t right

Reactions: 11
The lack of nutrition knowledge in her recent "Healthy Habits" video is maddening. She is promo-ing diet culture and giving false truths about the "calorie index" of foods. Dangerous messaging to young girls.
yup as someone studying nutrition right now it’s so irritating to see people use their platforms to spread misinformation like this. I particularly have issues with the amount of influencers trying to convince people that having a glass of water after you wake up ‘kickstarts’ your body/metabolism/digestion etc.

No, a glass of water when you wake up keeps you hydrated and in turn that helps ALL of your bodily functions to work better. Having a glass of water when you wake up isn’t going to give your kidneys, liver or intestines a nudge and say wakey Wakey - they never clock off!

Reactions: 11
yup as someone studying nutrition right now it’s so irritating to see people use their platforms to spread misinformation like this. I particularly have issues with the amount of influencers trying to convince people that having a glass of water after you wake up ‘kickstarts’ your body/metabolism/digestion etc.

No, a glass of water when you wake up keeps you hydrated and in turn that helps ALL of your bodily functions to work better. Having a glass of water when you wake up isn’t going to give your kidneys, liver or intestines a nudge and say wakey Wakey - they never clock off!
This always cracks me up 'wake up your organs'. They're doing their job fine hun. Same as 'close your pores' and stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Emma reposting the world’s strongest man who wants the gyms reopened.

In a gym you sweat and breathe heavily, generally (unless you’ve got a problem 😂) you don’t in a pub, a hairdresser, or a restaurant. The gyms have not given scientists enough assurance that they won’t transmit the virus.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Is there a way there can be another thread that’s not in rave about for her?

I came to say how much I really adore her weightloss content and she’s inspired me to finally make a HEALTHY change in my life. I have struggled with disordered eating for about 10 years now, I stumbled on her big weightloss video and it just flipped a switch in my brain to go “no, do it healthily now, she did it so you can”. I still have days where I’m crying thinking about calories, I still sometimes can’t make it to my calorie goal and I can become obsessed but that’s because of my history with it.

She did mention as well that she struggled with restriction in her past too and this is her doing it healthily. If she’s coming across as obsessed and disordered traits are sneaking in, maybe they are. I feel like when you’ve got that past a part of you never wants to stop.

If you want to look at someone with REALLY crappy disordered eating habits, there’s Sian Gelman. Maybe look at her then look at Emma, Emma then really isn’t that bad.

Reactions: 2
I’m sorry you’ve struggled with disordered eating, I really am.

However I do think you’ve pointed out what the problem is in a way. People with histories like yours are stumbling on to a “weight loss” video for advice or inspiration and not recognising the disordered habits that are there within Emma’s videos. Her journey is thinly veiled as healthy but what I think lots of us here are seeing is it’s clearly not:
  • Working out excessively
  • ‘Good’ and ‘bad’ food speak
  • Poor nutritional advice
  • Constant talk of calorie content
The problem then is the audience who is interpreting that to be healthy when it’s packaged as ‘fitness’ and ‘what I eat in a day.’

I took a look at Sian Gelman and you’re right, she’s extremely unhealthy and it’s dangerous the messaging she’s putting out on the internet too. But maybe the problem is that weight loss content shouldn’t be out there for people to search for when it’s not created by trained fitness instructors, nutritionists or doctors because ultimately the messaging is not safe.

Many people also came to Emma’s content for renovation, beauty and make up, so they’re allowed to criticise the change in tone of her videos.

You are welcome to rave about her, and I would too if I was impressed by her content at the moment, but I also think people should be allowed to call out influencers too.

Reactions: 13
So confused she probably misses an upload at least every two weeks yet tries to add more videos into her schedule and misses those as well! So inconsistent and then wonders why sub counts isn’t going up

So confused she probably misses an upload at least every two weeks yet tries to add more videos into her schedule and misses those as well! So inconsistent and then wonders why sub counts isn’t going up
This is why I’ve unsubbed, every weekend the vlog was late and she was on instagram saying sorry it’s late, she seems to leave a lot of it to the last minute too, like her travel vlogs would get her some views but they’re 6 months out of date now

Reactions: 3
Looking forward to seeing this new hair properly, not a fan of those pictures 😩

Who has styled that fringe!? I get the whole long sweeping fringe vibe but that looks terrible. She looks a bit like a 90's glamour model.

• Haha
It wouldnt be so bad if the rest of her hair wasn't flat at the roots and voluminous at the ends..

Last edited:
I can't stop laughing every time I see it. It's as lifeless, dry and try-hard as her personality.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.